X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

From Byrd's mouth - he decides when he plays i.e. when he's 100%

Jets wide receiver Santonio Holmes says he still isn't 100 percent recovered from the foot injury that kept him out for most of last season and the entire preseason, but he's been in the lineup and his 69-yard touchdown catch beat the Bills last weekend.
  • Lone Stranger
    • Sep 2002

Re: From Byrd's mouth - he decides when he plays i.e. when he's 100%

The commentary on the quoted cite is right on target.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
      • Sep 2004

He's a puss and milking it at this point, and it's all about the contract thing, there's no doubt about it. I think he's trying to almost force the Bills to not tag him again so he can walk.

Comment

• Bill Cody
        • Sep 2004

The dumb asses that wanted the Bills to just pay this fraud whatever he wanted probably are not moved by him sitting laughing on the sidelines week after week, too hard to admit they were wrong. Any player that refers to his own team as "them" clearly does not give a *****.

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

Derek Rose of the Bills?

Comment

• jimmifli
            • Nov 2006

What a load of ****. Did anyone actually read his quotes?

“No,” Byrd said Wednesday at his locker. “I mean, I don’t want to see them do bad. I’ve said that since Day One. But me going out there at less than 100 percent isn’t going to help the case, either.
            “I can’t do anything about it. That’s the tough part.”
            “Coach is telling the truth,” Byrd said. “It’s just really a matter of me. I’ll go to him and be, like, ‘Hey, let’s roll. Let’s roll.’ It’s really like that.”
            “Yeah, hopefully,” Byrd said. “I’ve been saying since Day One I’m going out there, getting treatment and seeing where I’m at each day.”
            “It’s been tough,” Byrd said. “The secondary is all about communication and continuity. So when you have moving parts, it’s hard to get that rhythm in there and know where each person’s going to be, their strengths and weaknesses and things like that. It’s hard.”
            Spinning that into saying "Byrd won't play unless he's 100%" is intentional instigation. And anyone that believes that was his intention behind those statements is a bigger fan of Ralph's wallet than the Bills.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
              The dumb asses that wanted the Bills to just pay this fraud whatever he wanted probably are not moved by him sitting laughing on the sidelines week after week, too hard to admit they were wrong. Any player that refers to his own team as "them" clearly does not give a *****.
              No, I'm not. If you want to watch Geno Smith gash our secondary content in the knowledge that all of our DBs are appropriately paid, be my guest.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

I don't blame him really ... it's the way the system is designed. I don't doubt the validity of the injury but also think he could find his way onto the field with it...except that he's given a lot to play football and there is a chance his time in the NFL is drawing to a close. He's a very good player and the Bills stopped him from playing the free agency market (they are part of the system too). Byrd has to protect himself from having his career end this season ... so it makes sense to me he needs to be at 100% to play. It's the owners and marketing guru's who pumped up the revenues from the league making the players rich ... it's not even their fault so much is at stake these days.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                  No, I'm not. If you want to watch Geno Smith gash our secondary content in the knowledge that all of our DBs are appropriately paid, be my guest.
                  that's the systemic problem though ... why would the Bills give up the deal when they can franchise him and not assume all that financial risk?

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

every day that goes by just makes byrds decision not to accept top five money more and more stupid
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                      that's the systemic problem though ... why would the Bills give up the deal when they can franchise him and not assume all that financial risk?
                      Because they've antagonized him to the point that he might not sign even if we do offer the money. See: Peters, Jason.

Just look at Henry Melton. He played the good company man, signed his tender, went to camp - and now blew out his ACL. It likely cost him millions.

So, by tagging him we get a year of pissed off Byrd playing (if he plays) tentative football to protect himself. At "only" $7 million guaranteed! A steal!
                      Last edited by IlluminatusUIUC; 09-26-2013, 11:30 AM.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
                        Two problems with this. First, no one knew he was injured when we wanted him signed. I doin the team knew he was injured either, because they did offer him a long term deal.

Second, maybe he wasn't so bitter before the team low-balled him....
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Thief
                          • Sep 2009

Seriously, name a player that is 100%? Players play at less than 100% all the time! Seriously, my understanding of the ingury he has is that it will NEVER be 100%! And it is just a matter of playing through the pain. I dont think he can say ANYTHING that will make me think he isn't milking it!

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

that is completely taking his quote out of context. he basically said me not playing full strength wont help our cause. pretty gay the way they framed the comments though.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

at some point, he's got to get out there to show that he is worth top 5 money. with this "he makes the call" decision, he gets to game this how he wants. the bills will be desperate to sign him. he'll come in when the team is the worst, he'll play 8 games, he'll have good stats for those 8 games at 100% while other players are playing injured, the bills paid him a ton this year to be a spectator and taken from them for nothing.

i really think he is fine and incentivized to not play. the fact they can't get him out there at 75-85% with a secondary this bad is pathetic testament on how things are being run. And again, why wasn;t levitre signed if they knew this was going to be the case on franchising byrd. they are under cap, under talented.

it's the top of the bills brass thats causing the consistency of the losing.

Comment

Working...
                              X