X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lightningbolt444
    • Mar 2007

Why did we not?

Why did we not sign ANY help at CB this week? I am not to thrilled that Aaron Williams may be moved back to CB how could this team not even sign a street fa for one week?
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Why did we not?

Originally posted by lightningbolt444 View Post
    Why did we not sign ANY help at CB this week? I am not to thrilled that Aaron Williams may be moved back to CB how could this team not even sign a street fa for one week?
    Hesitancy to cut anybody from their strong roster?
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
      • Aug 2012

Because they would've had to cut someone else to bring in another guy for a week or two.

Comment

• lightningbolt444
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jdaltroy5 View Post
        Because they would've had to cut someone else to bring in another guy for a week or two.
        We have so many elite players they couldnt decide who?

Comment

• GingerP
          • Aug 2012

Yeah, roster spots are too valuable. That is why they are carrying 2 kickers.

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Because of a depleted db corps heading into week 4, CIN cut a reliable back-up T who was on their squad for 6 years, 2 of which he started most games, cut and signed a back-up lb to their ps, inked a db from their ps, and signed a street FA. They face division rival CLE on Sunday, and a loss to them is also an in-conference loss. A loss by BUF to BAL would be an in-conference loss, too.

There are 13 games left. When you take hits, roll with the punches and regroup. Rolling the dice is better than sitting on your hands.
            Last edited by stuckincincy; 09-27-2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by lightningbolt444 View Post
              We have so many elite players they couldnt decide who?
              Hey, I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just saying that's why.

They didn't want to cut someone for another guy who doesn't know the system and will only be used for a week or two.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

Who's available?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                Because of a depleted db corps heading into week 4, CIN cut a reliable back-up T who was on their squad for 6 years, 2 of which he started most games, cut and signed a back-up lb to their ps, inked a db from their ps, and signed a street FA. They face division rival CLE on Sunday, and a loss to them is also an in-conference loss. A loss by BUF to BAL would be an in-conference loss, too.

There are 13 games left. When you take hits, roll with the punches and regroup. Rolling the dice is better than sitting on your hands.
                Cincy is a division title contender, they need to stay competitive from week to week.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Hey, I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just saying that's why.

They didn't want to cut someone for another guy who doesn't know the system and will only be used for a week or two.
                  WRs are running routes requiring that require timing practice. Linemen and linebackers need time digesting blocking and coverage schemes. DBs are far less dependent on learning any system. Here's my man - cover him. Here's my zone - cover it. I'm in the backfield. I see things happening. Receiver doesn't try to deke me, but gets in my face - smells like a run.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                    Who's available?

- - - Updated - - -

Cincy is a division title contender, they need to stay competitive from week to week.

If BUF doesn't aspire to be competitive week to week, they will continue to not be a title contender.

Comment

• Thief
                      • Sep 2009

I believe we have 2 unused CBs on the roster that were the best we could find on the market in recent weeks. I can only assume the plan is to play them this week.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

If BUF doesn't aspire to be competitive week to week, they will continue to not be a title contender.
                        Well obviously. A team that is so averse to talent is going to have that problem.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                          • Aug 2012

WRs are running routes requiring that require timing practice. Linemen and linebackers need time digesting blocking and coverage schemes. DBs are far less dependent on learning any system. Here's my man - cover him. Here's my zone - cover it. I'm in the backfield. I see things happening. Receiver doesn't try to deke me, but gets in my face - smells like a run.
                          Sure, it's probably an easier position to learn, but there's still a system in place. Certain zones shift based on the play call and there's still terminology to learn.

Again, I'm not defending what they did, I'm just saying, that's probably the reason.

What kind of answer do you want?

They just suck and are stupid?

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

It's a tiny bit more complicated than that. Ever seen one of those plays where two DBs jump one guy and another wideout runs all alone into the endzone? That's why they need to practice together.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                              Well obviously. A team that is so averse to talent is going to have that problem.
                              It's sad - not taking effort to fine tune their roster as the season unfolds, adverse to suffering these 20, 50, 200, 500k, more...whatever, losses that are incurred with juggling as needs dictate.

They always seem to stand pat. They stand in the soup bowl, knee deep in the bisque. Every now and again, clubs get somebody out of the bone pile and find a gem. Not them. The last one I recall was Leonard, who they cut, did well elsewhere, and then re-acquire in his twilight.
                              Last edited by stuckincincy; 09-27-2013, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X