• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Place Your bets. Ravens -3 vs. Bills

Place your bets. Ravens vs Bills +3

Joe "I should have been drafted by the Bills" Flacco's Ravens vs. Leodis "I can't believe the Bills drafted me when they needed a QB" McKelvin's Bills.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Place Your bets. Ravens -3 vs. Bills

my 5k for your 100k.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
      my 5k for your 100k.
      $5k on Bills or Ravens?

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

On bills
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
          On bills
          K, $5k on bills +3 for $5k

Comment

• BillsImpossible
            • Mar 2013

It's 3 and a half now. 3.5 point spread.

If the Ravens win by a field goal or less, Vegas is going to cash in and the house wins.

The majority of betters are betting the Ravens.
            Free Las Vegas Lines & Odds comparisons for NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA and other sports.

The only way Vegas wins is if the Bills play another super close game.

Why did they bump it up a half point? To cover their asses in a game decided by 3 points.

I thought the Ravens would have been favored by at least 7 points, but Vegas seems to think this is going to be a close game.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Can you loan me 25000

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post

If the Ravens win by a field goal or less, Vegas is going to cash in and the house wins.

Free Las Vegas Lines & Odds comparisons for NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA and other sports.

Why did they bump it up a half point? To cover their asses in a game decided by 3 points.

I thought the Ravens would have been favored by at least 7 points, but Vegas seems to think this is going to be a close game.
                Most of the time the lines are much closer when a better team plays somebody on the road since the home team automatically gets 3 points. So basically Vegas is saying if the game was played on a neutral field then they feel the Ravens would win by 6. If the game was in Baltimore then they would get the extra 3 points and it would turn into a 9 point spread.

Them are the type of games I like to bet on especially if the better team usually plays well on the road. Instead of them needing to cover a spread of over a TD you can get them with only covering a spread of a FG or less because of the 3 point difference for the home team.

If the team is that much better then it's usually not too hard for them to cover the low spread on the road. Some weeks there will be a few games like that and that's when will usually bet on all three of them. More times then not the better teams will cover two out of the three games and you're still in the black.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                  Can you loan me 25000
                  How much you want to bet?

Comment

• feldspar
                    • Mar 2007

Well, the home team generally gets 3 points added to the spread, as you probably know. On neutral ground, Vegas would have you believe that the Ravens are favored by 6.5 points. They will never tell you what they REALLY believe, which is why they are in business and make money.

I wouldn't touch this game with a 40-foot pole, mainly because I am a Bills fan. I want to enjoy the game itself if I can. If I weren't a Bills fan, I don't see how you could really pick the Bills in good faith here. Then again, that might really be the trap Vegas wants bettors to fall into. I really don't know. I do agree that the spread seems a little low, and that Vegas must actually think that the game will be close...maybe trying to sucker in the majority of bettors into picking the Ravens. Gotta be what they are thinking, though. I changed my mind, you gotta be right about that.

The problems the Bills are dealing as far as injuries in the secondary are huge. Colin Brown couldn't block my dead grandmother, and we'll see how Legursky does, because he'd BETTER play if he's healthy enough.

The Ravens are the better team, really. Not many people would argue otherwise. May come down to matchups, and, more importantly, motivation. Maybe the Ravens are overlooking the Bills or something. That happens too.

Comment

• Thurmal
                      • Oct 2005

Ravens (-3) looks very, VERY enticing. If I bet on Baltimore, though, as a Bills fan, the finally score would undoubtedly be Ravens 21 - Bills 20.
                      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                        • Mar 2013

The only way Vegas makes money is if the majority of gamblers are wrong.

Right now, the majority of gamblers are picking the Ravens to win and cover the low point spread.

But is the half point bump just a tease to get more people betting on the Bills?

If the Bills win, Vegas wins. If the Bills lose by 3 points or less, Vegas wins.

If the Ravens win by 4 points or more, Vegas loses.

Get ready for another close game.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

Right now, the majority of gamblers are picking the Ravens to win and cover the low point spread.

But is the half point bump just a tease to get more people betting on the Bills?

If the Bills win, Vegas wins. If the Bills lose by 3 points or less, Vegas wins.

That's exactly what it is. Vegas likes to have the total wagers as close to possible to cover themselves from a potentially huge loss as much as they can. When one team has a huge amount of wagers then they will adjust the line either way to try and get some more people to bet on the other team to make it a little more even. If a lot more people were betting on the Bills then they would be lowering the line to 2.5 or 2 instead of increasing it to 3.5. The spread can change many times throughout a week because of this.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

If the Bills win this game or come within 3 I'll believe what my father always told me, football is fixed.

Comment

• BLeonard
                              BoB Sabermetrician
                              • Jan 2003

The point spread is only there to "balance the action." Meaning, similar amounts of money being bet on both sides.

If the spread moves significantly, that indicates that one side is getting "heavy," meaning more money being bet in that direction. But, 1/2 point isn't really significant. The lack of movement indicates that the betting is pretty balanced on both sides. In this instance, my guess is that the half point is likely a "hook," (as you said a tease) to get more people betting on the game. It's not designed to get more action on either side, just a way to entice the action on both sides.

In this case, it's also a way to guarantee that there won't be "no action" (tie).

-Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X