PDA

View Full Version : Jairus Byrd

jamze132
09-27-2013, 05:24 PM
I have the plantar fasciitis thing and yeah it hurts but I can stretch it out and tolerate it. It honestly seems like Byrd is sitting out to make a statement to OBD for frsnchising him. And I have 0 doubts that his agent is behind this BS. He could have played from WK1 but I don't expect him back until after the bye.

Fine, got it, no problem dick. If I'm Whaley, I would let him play his game this year and then tag his stupid ass next year too just to spite him. It's not like we're actually spending to the cap do **** it and **** him too.

Jairus Byrd has made it abundantly clear he doesn't WANT to be a Bill. He's letting down the entire team by not playing, especially when we are missing our best 3 DBs. We're not a playoff team with or without him so I say we **** him next year like he's ****ing us this year.

jdaltroy5
09-27-2013, 05:28 PM
You should've labelled this thread with - BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Night Train
09-27-2013, 05:29 PM
Paying him 15.2 Mil for 2 years to not play most of the time will sure show him !

Where can I sign up for that ? My foot hurts.

jamze132
09-27-2013, 05:36 PM
I hear ya.

jamze132
09-27-2013, 05:41 PM
I bet he would trade the 15.2 to get the **** out of Buffalo while he's still in his prime.

SquishDaFish
09-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Franchise and trade him to Jax for a bag of peanuts

Skooby
09-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Franchise and trade him to Jax for a bag of peanuts I agree, JAX would be a perfect spot for a long-term deal for him to enjoy.

TacklingDummy
09-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Jags spend even less than the Bills.

Byrd would be a good fit in Oakland.
Package our 1st and Byrd to Oakland for their 1st and 2nd.

Beebe's Kid
09-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Jags spend even less than the Bills.

Byrd would be a good fit in Oakland.
Package our 1st and Byrd to Oakland for their 1st and 2nd.
That would be a great deal. We could get a second for Byrd, which is where we picked him. That way we get to start all over at FS. We can spend a high pick on a replacement and let him go through his growing pains, develop into a decent player, and trade him for another 2nd.

Hell...the Bills might be a perennial 6 win team at that rate, but we'll know the players WANT to be a Bill, mostly because they don't have a choice. It might not be a good football team, and the players are only here because they came at a deal, or have no choice, but the feeling will be much more warm and fuzzy than having to deal with high priced talent that wants to be treated like high priced talent.

I really don't know why the fans take this so personally. Maybe it is the unrequited love, or maybe they just want Littman and Brandon to get bigger bonuses. Both of those are kind of sad, but again...it is really just about the warm fuzzy feeling.

Beebe's Kid
09-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Either way...we'll show Byrd, as well as any other of our select draft picks that perform half way decent that if you want paid, you are going to get it somewhere else, but not here in Buffalo.

Beebe's Kid
09-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Also, wouldn't it be weird if like the whole thing wasn't a conspiracy, and he was really hurt? I mean, like imagine if we didn't know that everybody was lying about this?

What am I talking about? Of course we know this is a conspiracy, and beyond that, one that is very personal in nature. It is like every Sunday, Byrd is just laughing at us all. It is indefensible that we haven't traded him for lesser value already, when we all know that this is the case, despite team coverage that is only slightly less exhaustible than the fans making threads about what a bad man Byrd is.

don137
09-27-2013, 08:01 PM
He may have the money but he has lost the respect of thousands of football fans. How many old time football players laugh at this guy? He calls himself a football player? Sorry but the guys is making almost 7MM and can't play until he is 100%. Far be it if he gets an in grown toe nail. The Bills may have to IR him. He and Phil Kessel are up for biggest manginas of 2013.

coastal
09-27-2013, 09:21 PM
Tag him again and sue his ****ing ass.

Mr. Miyagi
09-27-2013, 09:29 PM
So we picked him out of oblivion, groomed him and coached him up, and now he's too good for us? **** this douchebag. Put him on IR so he doesn't get the full pay. Tag and trade him to Jacksonville. **** this clown.

X-Era
09-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Paying him 15.2 Mil for 2 years to not play most of the time will sure show him !

Where can I sign up for that ? My foot hurts.Versus what? An additional 15.2 mill in cap room that also is not playing?

If we refuse to re-invest the money, I'd almost agree to just spite the dick.

Mace
09-27-2013, 09:47 PM
You should've labelled this thread with - BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Sometimes I almost think you have become jaded since the days when I knew you so young and bright, full of promise and sunshine, glowing with optimism, quick with a wink or enthusiastic encouragement. Or maybe that was Spiked. You were always mean and I'll never understand why anyone voted for you someplace else instead of myself when we vied for a hall of fame and had it stolen by a cheater who had an icon with big hair who also came up short but had the results nullified because of something else entirely, but oh no, people liked you better and you had more thanks and had a 10,000 post icon where I was a couple hundred short and and.....

Anyway, I am going to take a nap, you have upset me.

GvilleBills
09-28-2013, 08:12 AM
Just because you're pissed at Byrd, doesn't mean you root for Ralph's wallet. Silly leap to make.

Here's the reality: Byrd was one of the best FS in the game, and deserved to be paid as such. He wanted more than the Bills were willing to pay without seeing him in the new defense. But to say they low balled him, when they were willing to tag him (avg of top 5 $) doesn't appear accurate.

So, the tag is applied. A tag his union agreed upon. He holds out and skips tc and the pre season (I have no problem here). The issue begins and ends with the regular season act he and Parker have been pulling. This "100% foot" bull**** when everyone knows he played with it last year and, realistically, will never be 100%. He produced with it, and I believe he deserves his $.
But a new contract cannot be written until after the season. Byrd signed a top 5 $, union approved contract. Show up and help your teammates, who sorely need you. Ditch the Parker driven horse****. Stop referring to your teammates as "them". Get out there and show how impactful you can be in this defense. If they won't pay you after that, then the blame rests at the feet of the OBD brass, and nowhere else.
I would be sick to see Byrd in another uniform. Double tagging him (same $ that Byrd was seeking, should just give the longterm contract), trading for less than optimal value, or paying him to sit(so crazy, not even worth it) are all spiteful ex girlfriend ****.

GreedoII
09-28-2013, 08:31 AM
looking forward to him getting the franchise tag again next year and see what he does then.

better days
09-28-2013, 09:14 AM
The problem with a trade is no team will trade for Byrd unless he agrees to a long term contract with that team which I doubt Byrd would agree to on a crappy team except maybe Oakland because it is close to home for him.

Beebe's Kid
09-29-2013, 12:07 AM
Guys...he can't agree to a contract. That is not an option. This conversation is stupid.

How many old time players are laughing at him? Who cares? Can they tell us the right date? This is part of the point. You romanticize the gladiators.

HAMMER
09-29-2013, 01:25 AM
We sucked with him, we can suck without him.

Buddo
09-29-2013, 05:08 AM
Either way...we'll show Byrd, as well as any other of our select draft picks that perform half way decent that if you want paid, you are going to get it somewhere else, but not here in Buffalo.

No. What it will show them, is that you will get paid by the Bills, providing you don't act like you are bigger than the team. Past history supports this contention, btw. Look at the likes of Schoebel and Jackson, Eric Wood, to name but a few.
You can 'hold out' up to a point, to make a point, or to try and get the wheels moving on a new deal, but there comes a time when it's doing nobody any favors. As soon as the time passed to get a new deal, Byrd should have been getting himself into TC and healthy, so as to play this year. He did neither, and as a consequence, is of next to no use to us atm, at all. He could easily have been available for the first game, if he had chosen to do this, and with his 'condition', probably wouldn't have had to do a lot in TC anyway.
All the blather about 'just pay the man' is a complete crock, bearing in mind his 'condition'. The fact that the Bills made him a decent offer regardless of it, shows that they genuinely wanted him back. All he's done, is taken the piss, tbh. Now, much of that might come from Parker, but it doesn't really matter where it comes from, it still amounts to the same thing.
Currently, Byrd isn't even worth the franchise tag money, as he's not even playing. Yet he's guaranteed that money regardless, due to when he actually signed the tag. Now, I don't understand exactly why that money is guaranteed, when he wasn't fit to play, or even practise, when he signed the tag, but it is what it is. I wonder if Parker will factor in the fact that Byrd is currently being way overpaid, when it comes to negotiating before next season? I somehow doubt it.

THATHURMANATOR
09-29-2013, 06:35 AM
Is this dumbass playing today or what????

DraftBoy
09-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Is this dumbass playing today or what????

Not expected to.

trapezeus
09-29-2013, 05:44 PM
This would have been a good one for him to play in. His stats for the contract would have been excellent.

imbondz
09-29-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm pissed at Byrd, can't stand him, think he's the biggest p**** and I can't wait for him to play.

Night Train
09-29-2013, 05:49 PM
I think his ship has sailed here.

DraftBoy
09-29-2013, 05:53 PM
I think his ship has sailed here.

Does it have to be though?

If the Bills can agree to the basic parameters of a long term deal (length and salary) after this year with Parker he can sign his tag and get in here. Does anybody actually think we will be worse with him than without him?

Fixxxer
09-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Sometimes I almost think you have become jaded since the days when I knew you so young and bright, full of promise and sunshine, glowing with optimism, quick with a wink or enthusiastic encouragement. Or maybe that was Spiked. You were always mean and I'll never understand why anyone voted for you someplace else instead of myself when we vied for a hall of fame and had it stolen by a cheater who had an icon with big hair who also came up short but had the results nullified because of something else entirely, but oh no, people liked you better and you had more thanks and had a 10,000 post icon where I was a couple hundred short and and.....

Anyway, I am going to take a nap, you have upset me.

he was never the same after Danny Batten was cut from the Bills.

Mace
09-29-2013, 07:22 PM
he was never the same after Danny Batten was cut from the Bills.

Made me choke on my beer.