• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Fred Jackson Deserves To Be The Bills # 1 RB

Based on merit alone.

Fred Jackson still has what it takes to be special in the NFL.

He is 32 years old and deserves the opportunity to lead his Bills to the playoffs.

Let C.J. Spiller be the backup for another year or two and give him a chance to grow into his own body before NFL defenses tear the young buck apart.

Fred Jackson started his career in Buffalo in 2007 after playing T-Ball in Europe. He was 26 years old.

Antowain Smith is another good example of a Bills back that started playing professional ball in his mid 20's and had a very good, underrated professional career. He played 9 years, and won 2 Super Bowl rings with the Patriots.

I think Chan Gailey didn't waste C.J. Spiller's career by rushing him 25+ times per game because Chan Gailey is a very smart, astute, and moral human being who saw great potential in C.J. but did't want to sacrifice the kid for the sake of his own football fame.

CJ is 26 years old. He's just getting started. Let Fred Jackson show him the way this season.

Fred deserves the nod at #1.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Fred Jackson Deserves To Be The Bills # 1 RB

I think Fred should be 1A & Spiller 1B. I would give Fred more carries than CJ but I think CJ has been under used as a receiver myself.

I would like to see them both on the field at the same time with Spiller going into the flat to catch passes. Especially on 3rd down.

Defenses would not know if Fred gets the carry or if CJ gets a pass or maybe the ball goes downfield to Stevie or Woods.

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

I think they're both starters in this league and should be play specific.

Comment

• Syderick
        • Apr 2006

Everyone changes their mind so fast here. 2011 it's give Fred the ball, then 2012 it's give CJ the ball! Now everyone's split. How about give them the ball both equal(1A-1B). Whoever performs better during that game feed him more. The Bills are 2 back (running back-by-committee) team.
        3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
          • Sep 2012

26 year old half backs aren't "just getting started," these are their prime years. We'd be extremely lucky to get a fully effective CJ at 29-30.

Neither of these guys is really a bellcow halfback, so we should run them both and give more carries to the hot hand.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Thurmal
            • Oct 2005

I'm all for getting Jackson more carries, but why would a top-10 pick in his fourth season need more time to learn the game and "grow into his own body." That's crazy.
            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

Freddie should be the #1 and Spiller should be used like Darren Sproules.

I know that hurts all of Buddy Nix's relatives here, but only ******ed teams like the Browns and Bills draft RBs in the first 10 picks of the draft anymore.

Not surprising that a guy who doesn't know how to work a telephone isn't current on the times.

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

Jesus Christ you people are fickle.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• kishoph
                  • Jun 2003

You give the ball to Spiller more, the man has averaged 5.2 and 6.0 yards per carry the last 2 years, there is no way you take the ball away from him. Take away Jackson's one 59 yard run and his ypc would be lower than Spiller's right now, you don't take carries away from your star running back because he's had two bad games. You find a way for the line to open up some holes and stop the opposition from getting into the backfield. Giving Jackson more carries than Spiller is ridiculous.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                    • Jun 2024

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
                    You give the ball to Spiller more, the man has averaged 5.2 and 6.0 yards per carry the last 2 years, there is no way you take the ball away from him. Take away Jackson's one 59 yard run and his ypc would be lower than Spiller's right now, you don't take carries away from your star running back because he's had two bad games. You find a way for the line to open up some holes and stop the opposition from getting into the backfield. Giving Jackson more carries than Spiller is ridiculous.
                    I am tired of this issue.

I hope the Bills give Spiller the ball 25+ times over the next 3 games.

After that, you will not see him until next year.

He just can't take the punishment.

Comment

• BuffRanger
                      • Sep 2004

The Bills have struggled with this same issue since Flutie / Johnson. Ignore draft spot and ignore salary. Go with the guy who is performing best. This year so far, hands down it's been Fjax. I think Spiller was better during the preseason. The shooting with his grandfather probably sidetracked him. Unfortunate, but Jackson should be starting vs Baltimore.

Comment

• coastal
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Only the Bills draft a running back in the top 10 only to watch him become a change of pace guy.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                          Only the Bills draft a running back in the top 10 only to watch him become a change of pace guy.
                          See Reggie Bush
                          I came.
                          I saw.
                          I conquered.

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

well spillers a lot better than reggie bush imo

anyway, the prollem isnt cj or freddie, its the blocking and the scheme. the defenses have made it no secret their priority is stopping cj and they sell out when hes in the game to stop him. so far hackett/marrone have been too stubborn and/or too scared of letting ej run to prevent the defenses from doing that

god i wish we still had chan as the oc. that guy made offense happen no matter what he had. these guys cant seem to do anything but go faster faster faster
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                              I have no problem with halfback committees. You just don't spend first rounders to build them.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X