PDA

View Full Version : drouin back to CHL

JATMtheJATM
09-29-2013, 12:47 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Lightning announce Jonathan Drouin back to junior. Too many people will look at it as a failure, but long-term thinking is never bad.</p>&mdash; Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) <a href="https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/statuses/384373338966986753">September 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

big fan of this kid, but he should have made a bad lightning team.

mightysimi
09-30-2013, 04:57 AM
<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 1px; border: medium none; position: absolute;" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Lightning announce Jonathan Drouin back to junior. Too many people will look at it as a failure, but long-term thinking is never bad.
— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) September 29, 2013 (https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/statuses/384373338966986753)
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

big fan of this kid, but he should have made a bad lightning team.

Why waste a year of cheap rookie salary on a bad team? It's not like playing top minutes in junior will hurt him. I think this was the right decision.

<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

JATMtheJATM
09-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Why waste a year of cheap rookie salary on a bad team? It's not like playing top minutes in junior will hurt him. I think this was the right decision.

<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

i think drouin has hit his potential ceiling in the CHL. hes like grigs. too good for the CHL, not ready for the NHL, and cant play in the AHL.

mightysimi
09-30-2013, 03:26 PM
i think drouin has hit his potential ceiling in the CHL. hes like grigs. too good for the CHL, not ready for the NHL, and cant play in the AHL.

Not so sure. Now he might have to do it without Mackinnon (although he did have a good stretch with out him last year) but I'm sure it's more about playing time.

JATMtheJATM
09-30-2013, 04:25 PM
drouin was penciled into the top 6. its not like he was going to be a healthy scratch every game. the idea was drouin was ready to play.

doesnt mean he will fail, but the spot was his to lose, and he did.

mightysimi
09-30-2013, 06:20 PM
he was penciled in because he was the 3rd overall pick. that's why rosters aren't decided in June. I think it will be better for the organization in the long run.

JATMtheJATM
09-30-2013, 10:34 PM
he was penciled in because he was the 3rd overall pick. that's why rosters aren't decided in June. I think it will be better for the organization in the long run.

could be, but it was expected he would be in the lineup every game. with plenty of ice time.