PDA

View Full Version : Billszone Player of the Week (4)

The King
09-29-2013, 04:04 PM
As stressful as they come. Here are your nominees.

Fred Jackson: 16/87 1TD
Robert Woods: 4/80 1 TD, 16 yards rushing
Aaron Williams: 2 Tackles, 4 PD's, 2 INT's
Kiko Alonso: 5 Tackles , 2 INT's

DraftBoy
09-29-2013, 04:06 PM
It will be Kiko in a run away but how does Dareus not get listed?

He will lead our DL in tackles, and be in 2nd and sacks after this game. For a guy who plays NT and 5 tech that's incredible.

imbondz
Kiko. His INT won the game for us

Novacane
Tough but I'll go with KiKo.

Forward_Lateral
09-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Aaron Williams. Williams was spectacular today. Saved 2 TDs by picking on off in the endzone, then by tackling Smith after he got burnt. Saved 11 points all by himself.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2013, 04:18 PM
Williams without a doubt.
2 INTS and tackling Smith on bomb from Flacco. Holding the Ravens to 3 points instead of 4.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2013, 04:21 PM
how does Dareus not get listed?

He will lead our DL in tackles, and be in 2nd and sacks after this game. For a guy who plays NT and 5 tech that's incredible.

Did you watch the game or are you using Gamecast to base your opinion?

The King
09-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Aaron Williams. Williams was spectacular today. Saved 2 TDs by picking on off in the endzone, then by tackling Smith after he got burnt. Saved 11 points all by himself.
I agree.

Fixxxer
09-29-2013, 04:46 PM
Kiko, no doubt.

ublinkwescore
09-29-2013, 04:49 PM
Kiko. I'm getting his jersey.

DraftBoy
09-29-2013, 04:51 PM

Both and more.

Are you utilizing anything more than a misconceived bias?

stuckincincy
09-29-2013, 05:05 PM
Eric Woods.

No way you go 24 runs for 204 yards, only 2 sacks on a rookie qb, without your center doing a bang-up job.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Are you utilizing anything more than a misconceived bias?

Yeah I'm using my eyes watching him continuously getting blown off the line, Making tackles down field, and getting coverage sacks.

kishoph
09-29-2013, 05:19 PM
I'd put it between Aaron Williams and Kiko Alonso, both had very good games, but I give the edge to Kiko, because it was at such a crucial time, without that int. they might not have pulled off the victory.

Honorable mentions would go to Dareus and Robert Woods, he should of had 2 TD's.

Buddo
09-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Aaron Williams for me. Playing now 'out of position' and still doing a terrific job. Playing while banged up also. Kiko would be next on my list, closely followed by Dareus. Woods definitely deserves a mention, as he played darn well also.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2013, 05:29 PM
How A. Williams is not winning this poll in mind boggling.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Williams 1st INT. sets the Bills offense up with great field position, leads to 3 points. 6-0 Bills
Williams 2nd INT. saves a Touchdown in the end zone.
Williams tackle on T. Smith saves a touchdown.

By far the best player on the field today.

Mace
09-29-2013, 07:29 PM
I had to go with Alonso because his name is "Kiko" and the probable game saving INT was the most stupendous int I've ever seen by a Bills linebacker (not a DB playing LB, but an LB playing LB).

Dr. Lecter
09-29-2013, 08:23 PM

I watched the game and he is absolutely correct.

cookie G
09-29-2013, 08:47 PM
As outstanding as some of the individual plays/players were...this is tough to narrow down to one.

The D7 played extremely well, including people like Branch and Hughes. They held a good running attack to 24 yards, and that's one of the better OL's in the NFL. That can't be overtstated. There wasn't a weak link in the DL, as is so often the case.

Maybe Balt. abandoned the run too early, but they weren't getting anywhere anyways.

And the pass defense (which was very very good) was a beneficiary of that.

When did the big plays occur on the D? 3rd and long for the most part.

3rd & 7, BAL23
Aaron Williams intercepted Joe Flacco for 6 yards

8:05 1st & 20, BAL20
Jim Leonhard intercepted Joe Flacco for no gain

3:51 3rd & 10, BAL11
Joe Flacco sacked by Marcell Dareus

12:18 3rd & 11, BAL44
Joe Flacco incomplete pass to the left

10:22 3rd & 11, BUF19
Aaron Williams intercepted Joe Flacco for no gain

4:53 1st & 10, BUF46
Kiko Alonso intercepted Joe Flacco for 6 yards

7:20 3rd & 10, BUF17
Joe Flacco incomplete pass to the right (leads to)
7:12 4th & 10, BUF17
Justin Tucker kicked a 35-yard field goal

0:57 3rd & 8, BUF48
Kiko Alonso intercepted Joe Flacco for no gain

With any kind of running game from Balt., many of those ints might not have happened.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I think Manny Lawson is playing very good footall, both against the run and the pass.
The sack was a bonus.

By the same token.. the OL blocked for 200 yards in rushing against a team that allowed 97 yds/game. There were a few inopportune penalties, (Glenn and Wood) but for the most part, opened holes that weren't there last week. As they said during the game...when was the last time you hadn't heard Ngata's name called for most of the game?

Sometimes people forget that Woods is a rookie. Easy to do, he plays like a vet. They generally had 2 people on Stevie..forcing Woods to step up. He did. I still think he caught the 2nd TD pass.

Coaching also took a huge step up from last week. They weren't stubborn enough to stay with a hurry up in the 2nd half when they had a lead to protect..and a defense to rest. They finally mixed up some of the run plays, not relying on the read option for every run play. They got to get the offense from shooting itself in the foot on every series (that's the real reason they didn't score more), but big strides were made today.

Homegrown
09-29-2013, 08:55 PM

QFT

Beebe's Kid
09-29-2013, 09:16 PM
Eric Woods.

No way you go 24 runs for 204 yards, only 2 sacks on a rookie qb, without your center doing a bang-up job.

Robert Woods, Eric Wood.

Meathead
09-29-2013, 11:34 PM
tough call. you could make a case for a bunch of guys

but i think a williams was a slightly bigger diff in the game than anybody else bc he made more significant plays when the bills needed them

bdutton
09-30-2013, 10:13 AM
I had a hard time choosing between Kiko and Aaron. I picked Aaron because he displayed incredible cover skills and athletic ability even after he had gotten injured.

Kiko had a great game too and is on track to be DROtY.

Kudos to Woods for having a big game although he did have a big drop.

Fred had a solid game.

Stevie was invisible but to his credit, when he was targeted, the passes were not on target. Ej needs to spend more time working on the timing of his throws.

sukie
09-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Kiko. His INT won the game for us

Stevie's fumble recovery was very big as well.

sukie
09-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Had to go with Williams. Kiko played his position. Williams was forced into playing CB and expected to be turrible

Ed
09-30-2013, 10:40 AM
I went with Aaron Williams. The secondary has been so decimated by injuries that Baltimore didn't even try to run the ball. There was a lot of pressure on Williams this week to move positions and really step up his play. He did awesome.

I love that Kiko is coming up with some clutch INT's, but his seemed a little more lucky to me, which I'll take everyday, but I thought Williams had a better game overall.

And I agree that Dareus at least deserves to be included in the poll. He had an awesome game too.