PDA

View Full Version : The Bills defense won that game

FamousAmos
09-29-2013, 04:57 PM
Kiko Alanso- 2 interceptions...Aaron Williams- 2 interceptions...Jim Leonhard- 1 interception, almost a fumble recovery...Marcel Dareus- 2 monstrous sacks. Many of these plays were at critical times in the game. Flacco gets sacked by many Lawson and then Williams intercepts a long throw in the corner of the endzone. Leonhard intercepts ball at Baltimore 28th yardline. That lead to a touchdown by Buffalo. Alonso intercepts Flacco at Buffalo's 45 which lead to a field goal. Dareus sacks Flacco on the same drive that Alsono intercepted Flacco to end the game. Each big play was a timely play that made an impact in the game. Not to mention the several tipped and batted away balls by the secondary and the many hurries by the Bills front 7. Manny Lawson was every where for much of the first half. The defense gave buffalo several opportunities on offense with a short field. It was fun to watch.

SquishDaFish
09-29-2013, 04:59 PM
No the BILLS won that game. Bills defense def looked good

jimmifli
09-29-2013, 05:00 PM
3 sacks really doesn't tell the story. Flacco was pressured on almost every drop. When he wasn't he torched us.

The Dline was absolutely dominant.

Fixxxer
09-29-2013, 05:03 PM
200+ running yards also helped today.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2013, 05:04 PM
The D played great, the o-line played great.

EJ had a couple of nice throws, still needs a lot of work, Johnson didn't do crap.

BillsImpossible
09-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Major props to Donnie Henderson and Mike Pettine for coaching up that secondary.

Jairus who?

Fixxxer
09-29-2013, 05:07 PM
The D played great, the o-line played great.

EJ had a couple of nice throws, still needs a lot of work, Johnson didn't do crap.

Some bad fundamentals today, he needs to get more conisstent. That fumble today was losmanesque and he wasn't stepping into his throws today. Still a work in progress and I like that Hackett put him under center today. Unless you're P. Manning or Brady, the 100% shotgun offense is an invitation to get pressured.

Owen DeBoard
09-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Kiko won that game by getting that the last INT.

YardRat
09-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Teams win when their players make plays, and lose when they don't.

Meathead
09-29-2013, 05:24 PM
the team that scores more points usually wins

imbondz
09-29-2013, 05:28 PM
When B'more got the ball back on their last drive, I said, the only way we win is with a big play INT.

Meathead
09-29-2013, 05:28 PM
two freakin hundred yds rushing against a top rush d. after the massive stuff fest they got served last week, thats even more shocking than five picks imo. looks like doug 'the center' marrone gave them extra homework this week

the d was impressive at long stretches, tho. pretty much an all around team win. still mildly concerned it took five picks to seal a three pointer but nice win regardless

Parzival
09-29-2013, 05:31 PM
For sure. And for the most part the turn overs weren't just opportunistic, the players on D MADE them happen. Fun to watch for sure. The offense needs to at least protect the ball, nothing drives me crazier than watching a great steal by the d negated by inept offense.

imbondz
09-29-2013, 05:35 PM
really MH? it takes 5 picks for us to win by 3 concerns you when we've lost games getting 6 turnovers, or lose when the other team gets 20 penalties for 168 yards and we still lose. lol

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Teams win when their players make plays, and lose when they don't.

John Madden, is that you?

trapezeus
09-29-2013, 05:42 PM
Defense was terrible last year, didn't get fa help and little in way of draft talent. And they have kept the bills in I teach week. We need to resign pettine now. He's working with fumes and delivering.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Defense was terrible last year, didn't get fa help and little in way of draft talent. And they have kept the bills in I teach week. We need to resign pettine now. He's working with fumes and delivering.

i hear what you're saying, but that 100 trillion dollar defensive line ain't exactly fumes. now the secondary.......

trapezeus
09-29-2013, 05:54 PM
They are expensive for sure, but last year people ran on them at will.

FamousAmos
09-29-2013, 07:01 PM
They are expensive for sure, but last year people ran on them at will.
Yes, the run defense was pretty strong today. I saw Dareus make some good stops on the inside. I didn't notice Mario r Kyle Williams, and that doesn't necessarily mean they weren't playing well, they may have done the little things today. I'm just impressed that the secondary bounced back after a pretty rough game last week to cement a victory for the Bills.

SquishDaFish
09-29-2013, 07:09 PM
I think it shows how much the Stach really blows as a coach.

Homegrown
09-29-2013, 07:12 PM
Dave Wannstedt says "whaa?!!?"

Meathead
09-29-2013, 08:41 PM
yeah well thats what i mean, it took three once-a-season gifts in one game to stay with the cheaters, and the jets were just DYING to give that game away. in those games the bills made enough mistakes to lose when the opponent couldnt stop giving gifts. this week they did just enough to win when the really outplayed them by more than three points

in any event, it does seem like the team is coming together quickly and learning fast from their mistakes. i dont think they have enough horsepower to get near the playoffs this season, but it might be a lot better than the five wins i predicted all summer

Mace
09-29-2013, 09:07 PM
yeah well thats what i mean, it took three once-a-season gifts in one game to stay with the cheaters, and the jets were just DYING to give that game away. in those games the bills made enough mistakes to lose when the opponent couldnt stop giving gifts. this week they did just enough to win when the really outplayed them by more than three points

in any event, it does seem like the team is coming together quickly and learning fast from their mistakes. i dont think they have enough horsepower to get near the playoffs this season, but it might be a lot better than the five wins i predicted all summer

Well...considering they have a young offense, new schemes, coordinators, coach, QB (who's just beginning his growing pains and seems to have it in perspective), defensive QB, patchwork secondary, defense has won a game, offense has won a game....I think there's probably more grounds for future optimism than there have been here for a long time.

They are learning to overcome mistakes and not become ruined by them, and a lot of those mistakes are because they have a young offense, new schemes, coordinators, coach, QB (who's just beginning his growing pains and seems to have it in perspective), defensive QB, patchwork secondary.

Too soon to make a bandwagon. But they're showing some good signs and the bad ones are predictable. I'm still thinking 8-8, and I think it will for once really be an 8-8 makes us look forward to next season. Pessimist in me figured Baltimore would blow us out, Optimist in me figured we'd handily roll the Jets and beat New England. Realist in me figures can't get too excited or too bummed about much that happens first half of this season though I'll get too excited or too bummed anyway.

I'm enjoying the games and have no clue what will happen in them, and for now that's good enough for me. The predictable was getting old and aggravating.

jimmifli
09-29-2013, 10:53 PM

We seem to be able to draw other teams into our sloppy mess. We've played some of the strangest football games I've ever watched in terms of stats vs score. It's starting to feel not random.

K-Gun
09-29-2013, 11:03 PM
We seem to be able to draw other teams into our sloppy mess. We've played some of the strangest football games I've ever watched in terms of stats vs score. It's starting to feel not random.

its the Indian burial ground under the Ralph. It can affect both teams.

BuffaloRedleg
09-29-2013, 11:05 PM

This mentality is really getting old. The NFL has crazy parity right now, so it looks like teams are just giving it away to us if that is what you are looking for. Most fans are looking for a reason not to believe in this team rather than a reason to believe so they come up with these garbage excuses.

These aren't just lucky breaks that are keeping us in games, this is just how the league is. You find a way to win and it usually isn't pretty. Look how the Pats just gave the game away almost tonight. Nobody is saying "oh the Pats can't expect that kind of luck all season" they say yep that's the Pats they always find a way to win.

It's a double standard that Buffalo Bills fans have created to keep themselves from getting too excited. I get that, but that doesn't make it right.

kishoph
09-30-2013, 04:54 AM

I guess the Bills turning the ball over deep in their own territory twice isn't considered giving the Pats a couple "gifts" for 14 points, or the two turnovers in our own end again yesterday aren't "gifts." It seems the Bills only receive these so called "gifts."

stuckincincy
09-30-2013, 11:58 AM

I was astounded by the BAL play calls. 7 rushes in the 1st half, 2 in the second. There were 27 straight pass attempts sandwiched between their 8th and 9th rush plays of the game - and more attempts if you add in plays that resulted in penalties.

This from a coaching staff and front office generally regarded as astute...