PDA

View Full Version : Bills 9 Int's Lead NFL, 3rd With 13.0 Sacks

Night Train
09-29-2013, 06:36 PM
There's work to be done and the run D was tons better today. Bills secondary is hurting. Still, they won us 2 games.

Pettine is a major positive. The anti-Wanny.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2013, 06:39 PM
If only we had a passing game we would be playoff contenders.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2013, 06:41 PM
There's work to be done and the run D was tons better today. Bills secondary is hurting. Still, they won us 2 games.

They won us 4 games but the offense couldn't capitalize on it.

DraftBoy
09-29-2013, 06:41 PM
The days of bend but dont break are certainly over.

SquishDaFish
09-29-2013, 06:43 PM

Dude give it a break we have rookies on offense with a crap OL not to mention one of the rookies is at the main position QB. Have patience for once

TacklingDummy
09-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Dude give it a break we have rookies on offense with a crap OL not to mention one of the rookies is at the main position QB. Have patience for once
Oline played great for the most part today.

Owen DeBoard
09-29-2013, 06:46 PM
Finally this team looks like it is going in the right direction and I think they have the right coaching staff and young players to do the job. Rookies are making contributions everywhere for this team.

RedEyE
09-29-2013, 06:51 PM
The passing game will come. I think things start clicking for EJ really soon.

Night Train
09-29-2013, 07:01 PM
The passing game will come. I think things start clicking for EJ really soon.

Footwork. It's a mess. That's why those long balls fall 4-5 yards short. He doesn't set his feet. If he can correct that..

Meanwhile, The D carries us as far as they can.

Jry44
09-29-2013, 07:31 PM

Our rookie QB went out and beat the defending superbowl champs in his 4th career start. Sure it wasn't pretty, but he made enough plays to help his team win. You take it!

Also too, you're going to experience growing pains any time you start a rookie QB. There will be tougher days to come than today was. You just hope to see him learn from those mistakes and progress going forward. For the first time, I feel like this team is light years ahead of where we have been since Kelly retired at the QB position.

DBrown77
09-30-2013, 09:49 AM
Dude give it a break we have rookies on offense with a crap OL not to mention one of the rookies is at the main position QB. Have patience for once Crap OL? I think its pretty good besides Brown.

Pinkerton Security
09-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Imagine if EJ actually starts playing consistently, and we get Gilmore, Brooks, McKelvin and Byrd on the field. Although F Byrd, hes a douche.

psubills62
09-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Imagine if EJ actually starts playing consistently, and we get Gilmore, Brooks, McKelvin and Byrd on the field. Although F Byrd, hes a douche.
I want to see Goodwin on offense (when he's not fumbling), too.

But yeah...having starters in the secondary would be really nice. I still think we win the Jets game easily if Gilmore played CB instead of Rogers.

I'll be interested to see how the young safeties they drafted develop. I wasn't really expecting them to make a big contribution this year, but with a year under their belt and with Aaron Williams playing well, you have to wonder if they could actually replace Byrd.

Forward_Lateral
09-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Oline played great for the most part today.

I agree. You don't run for over 200 yards on a D like Baltimore without good blocking.

sukie
09-30-2013, 10:18 AM
Comon... EJ has Stevie, Me and Dr Lechter to throw to. Jeez.

JCBills
09-30-2013, 03:47 PM

I really think you don't know what to expect from a rookie QB.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Comon... EJ has Stevie, Me and Dr Lechter to throw to. Jeez.

so a guy who drops clutch catches, a guy who is too stupid to run routes right, and Lecter who spends most of his time in the doctor's office looking at men's crotches. Yeesh, considering what EJ has to work with I think he should win Rookie of the Year.

pmoon6
10-01-2013, 06:06 AM
so a guy who drops clutch catches, a guy who is too stupid to run routes right, and Lecter who spends most of his time in the doctor's office looking at men's crotches. Yeesh, considering what EJ has to work with I think he should win Rookie of the Year.We could have you. A guy who takes one step off the LOS, sees that mean Corner growling that he's going to take your head off and then you run the other way and take refuge in your own endzone.

sukie
10-01-2013, 09:05 AM
so a guy who drops clutch catches, a guy who is too stupid to run routes right, and Lecter who spends most of his time in the doctor's office looking at men's crotches. Yeesh, considering what EJ has to work with I think he should win Rookie of the Year.

Jeez, ya had to slap me about lack of intelligence yet you easily had so much other material... recoverd alcoholic, Polish, 1.5 months shy of 50 years old, boxer short wearer, Florida resident, Republican.

trapezeus
10-01-2013, 09:09 AM
imagine if the defense wasn't playing like this? we'd probably be looking at a lost season.

in the meantime, the bills offense has to wake up. They might be able to get away with another week of relying on the d. but hopefully the game starts slowing down for EJ and he can set up and throw accurate balls.

as much as i am concerned about hacket, even in that patriots game when they were running hurry up at the end, they had a first down toss to seal the game. it was just dropped. the bills d has mostly been together for a full year, so it's just little tweaks here and there.

the o is almost entirely new parts. the line is shuffled and modified, the QB is new. only 1 WR is the same. hopefully these four games have them gelling. if they can, they can start becoming a legit contender. if they can't, it's another 6-10 season.

pmoon6
10-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Jeez, ya had to slap me about lack of intelligence yet you easily had so much other material... recoverd alcoholic, Polish, 1.5 months shy of 50 years old, boxer short wearer, Florida resident, Republican.You should take up drinking again. It's a prerequisite of living in the "Penis State". How much is a six pack down there? A dolla tree fity?

sukie
10-01-2013, 10:38 AM
HAHA depends on the six pak. I don't remember ever buying a six.

pmoon6
10-01-2013, 10:46 AM
HAHA depends on the six pak. I don't remember ever buying a six.Kidding aside.

Congratulations and the best of luck on your continued sobriety.

I went 16 years without a drink, then backslid for a couple when my wife became disabled. I haven't had a drink in 8 months or so.

sukie
10-01-2013, 11:01 AM
All good. The hindsight part of it all is what really makes me know there was a problem. Been almost 3 years and I don't miss it at all. Seriously. I have become a foodie.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Jeez, ya had to slap me about lack of intelligence yet you easily had so much other material... recoverd alcoholic, Polish, 1.5 months shy of 50 years old, boxer short wearer, Florida resident, Republican.

all of which would have been too damn easy.