• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICRockets
    Childish Fake Voter
    • Jul 2008

8-6 going into games against Miami and New England

I think it's doable. I see losses against the Dolphins, Saints, Chiefs, and Falcons. Wins against the Bengals, Steelers, Jets, Jags, Bucs, and Browns. This is a team that could legitimately be in the playoff hunt with 2 weeks left.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: 8-6 going into games against Miami and New England

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
    I think it's doable. I see losses against the Dolphins, Saints, Chiefs, and Falcons. Wins against the Bengals, Steelers, Jets, Jags, Bucs, and Browns. This is a team that could legitimately be in the playoff hunt with 2 weeks left.
    I think it's doable if:

1) EJ gets back to being consistent (compl) and keeps his ability to make the occasional really nice throw
    2) CJ gets on track
    3) We get Gilmore and McKelvin back soon. McKelvin maybe this week
    4) We don't have some new significant injury
    5) We continue to develop consistency as a team

All doable

Comment

• Mindbender
      • Apr 2010

Doable yes. Likely no.
      "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

It's doable if the D plays the way its been, the o-line keeps playing the way its been, SJ starts producing, and most importantly of all EJ Manuel starts making more positive big plays vs. negative big plays.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

I don't really want to look at ahead at this point as it often results in disappointment and frustration.

This is a young team with a rookie HC, OC and a rookie QB and this team is still struggling to find some consistancy.

Here are my thoughts:

* The defense seems to be assembling into something that Bills fans haven't seen in a looooong time. They're scrappy and confident. I am eager to see what this defense can do when healthy. Pettine has become the single most important addition to this Bills team in over a decade.
          * There are some inconsistencies on offense. Most of this falls on the youth of EJ and his the receivers. If we're dealing in percentages: EJ and WRs: 40% / OL: 30% / OC: 30%. Bottom line is the offense is not firing on all cylinders and has struggled not only in the red zone but during some critical 3rd down possessions throughout the season.
          *Turnovers: while the defense has been ball hawks, the offense has been gift wrapping the ball all season. They need to better emphasize ball protection with EJ and the RBs.
          *Special Teams play has been a bit up/down. I'm extremely excited to get Goodwin back on the return team as I think this kid could be a game changer. Punting has been erratic. But FGs have been spot on for the most part

In short, I would not be surprised to see this team lose some games they should win, like vs Jacksonville or Cleveland. As well as win some games they should lose (ie. NE, Miami &/or Atlanta). Basically this a young team that's trying to establish itself and earn some respect.

Its going to be an interesting year.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post

*Special Teams play has been a bit up/down. I'm extremely excited to get Goodwin back on the return team as I think this kid could be a game changer.
            Thru 4 games the Bills have 2 kick returns.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

I'm focused on Thursday night. We have a chance of being 3-2. Being on the right side of .500 will be a huge boost. One game at a time.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                Thru 4 games the Bills have 2 kick returns.
                True, but Easley isn't necessarily a natural at the position. He lumbers upfield and has a tendency to pause at the worst moment. Goodwin has amazing burst and vision.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
                  True, but Easley isn't necessarily a natural at the position. He lumbers upfield and has a tendency to pause at the worst moment. Goodwin has amazing burst and vision.
                  I think we have played some kickers with great legs. Yesterday there wasn't 1 time the ball could have been returned.

Carolina has only had 1 KR against them, NE 2, NJJ 4, and Balt. 5.

Cleveland 8, Cinci 7, Mia 5., NO 4, and KC 9.

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                    I think we have played some kickers with great legs. Yesterday there wasn't 1 time the ball could have been returned.

Carolina has only had 1 KR against them, NE 2, NJJ 4, and Balt. 5.

Cleveland 8, Cinci 7, Mia 5., NO 4, and KC 9.
                    And I'm not doubting that. The new NFL rules have pretty much provided little opportunity for kick returners throughout the league to excel. My point being that there has been opportunity to evaluate and Goodwin has that extra something to bring the STs to a higher level.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

The Chiefs and Falcons don't scare me. Srs.

The Falcons look out of sync on Offense, and by the time the Bills play them, they should have everyone back in the secondary. It's not a guaranteed win, but it's not a guaranteed loss either, IMO.

I think they'll beat the Chiefs too.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

heck i think 6-8 going into those games would be a decent accomplishment

i just dont think theres any way youre going to get enough consistency to confidently predict six of the next ten. sure theyve shown signs of growth but theres still too much new going on to get it all locked down every week. its doable but they probably need a larger than average rabbits foot to help out
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

The Falcons are most definitely out of synch. But they have been "in" every game up to the end and could very well be 4-0 versus 1-3. They're a good football team that stretches the field well. Their defense is suspect and their running game has been all but abandoned.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                            • Aug 2004

No one can predict this team from game to game especially with EJ and rookies. I won't predict anything

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

So many if's for the bills to make the playoffs but I agree, if we can beat the ravens anything can happen. However, if we can lose to a jets team, we can lose to them all too.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X