PDA

View Full Version : Wilfork tore his Achilles, most likely out for year

Crisis
09-30-2013, 02:38 AM
https://twitter.com/shalisemyoung/status/384560598316773376

Huge blow to the Pats. Really bugs me that the consensus of fans around the league is that he's well liked, while they just brush all the cheap shots and dirty plays to the side. He may have cleaned up a bit recently but he's still a dirty POS in my book.

kishoph
09-30-2013, 05:01 AM
OMG, this is terrible news.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/kishoph/borat-high-five-gif-42.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kishoph/media/borat-high-five-gif-42.jpg.html)

Jan Reimers
09-30-2013, 05:40 AM
What a shame. He's such a great...big...piece-of-crap thug.

coastal
09-30-2013, 06:43 AM
I think he's a great defensive linemen and that sucks for the Pats and their defense.

They still have some great linebackers and Talib was awesome last night.

theyre winning the AFC East even with this injury.

DraftBoy
09-30-2013, 07:00 AM
Never want to see any player get hurt but the Pats will survive. Wonder if they take a long look at Seymour whose still a FA.

RedEyE
09-30-2013, 07:13 AM
Seeing a player added to the IR for NE doesn't ever seem to work in anyone's favor. Belichick and his team has an amazing knack of turning cow **** into ice cream.

Meathead
09-30-2013, 07:24 AM
at least hes got a hot wife to go home to

pmoon6
09-30-2013, 07:30 AM
I think he's a great defensive linemen and that sucks for the Pats and their defense.

They still have some great linebackers and Talib was awesome last night.

theyre winning the AFC East even with this injury.Yeah, it looked like he was sorely missed last night.

OLDSRIP
09-30-2013, 07:43 AM
at least hes got a hot wife to go home to

Not true. She is going to sign and take is place on the D line.

GingerP
09-30-2013, 08:39 AM
Never want to see any player get hurt but the Pats will survive. Wonder if they take a long look at Seymour whose still a FA.

Their relationship was poison after he left, and he wants to get paid if he comes back. I'd never say never, but it would surprise me if Seymour ended up back there.

They have Armond Armstead on the NFI and can get him back in a few weeks. I think Wilfork is the only true NT the Pats have, though. They have some guys who can play inside, but nobody who can anchor like Wilfork. You have to think it is a big blow to their run defense. If they get guys like Gronkowski, Amendola and Vareen back on offense they may be able to minimize that since they can get a lead and have teams abandon the run. Still, they are a much different defense without him.

K-Gun
09-30-2013, 08:43 AM
man, I wish we had drafted him instead of 190lbs Lee Evans. just saying

justasportsfan
09-30-2013, 08:45 AM
anyone see how that cart barely moved that fat crap?

pmoon6
09-30-2013, 08:58 AM
man, I wish we had drafted him instead of 190lbs Lee Evans. just sayingWe drafted a more mobile one in the first round, three years ago. His name is Marcel Dareus.

Mr. Miyagi
09-30-2013, 08:58 AM
Always hated that guy. I can't say I'm saddened by this news.

stuckincincy
09-30-2013, 12:09 PM
anyone see how that cart barely moved that fat crap?

Gawd, he's boxy. He looked like a gigantic SpongeBob SquarePants.

better days
09-30-2013, 12:24 PM

If there is any player I am HAPPY to see injured it is Wilfork.

He has always been a DIRTY player & admitted he injured Losman on purpose which essentially ruined any chance Losman had at a career in the NFL.

I hope this injury ENDS his career.

justasportsfan
09-30-2013, 12:25 PM
I never wish for a player to get injured but when Wilfork went down, I smiled.

Skooby
09-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Vince's Wife should be able to lift him as needed.

GingerP
09-30-2013, 12:39 PM
He has always been a DIRTY player & admitted he injured Losman on purpose which essentially ruined any chance Losman had at a career in the NFL.

You can blame Wilfork for a lot of things, but Losman ruined his own chances at a career. Losman was in his 5th year when that injury happened, and had already proven he wasn't that good. Plus, the injury was only a sprain and he was only out for 2 games. To say that one play would changed anything is laughable.

DraftBoy
09-30-2013, 12:41 PM
If there is any player I am HAPPY to see injured it is Wilfork.

I hope this injury ENDS his career.

Well that's both a bit demented and honestly frightening.

K-Gun
09-30-2013, 01:34 PM
We drafted a more mobile one in the first round, three years ago. His name is Marcel Dareus.

I don't dislike Dareus. I'm just saying, Wilfork's been a Ted Washington like character for that damn team for almost a decade.

trapezeus
09-30-2013, 01:45 PM
who knew diving at people's knees your entire career takes such a toll on your achilles?

DynaPaul
09-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Couldn't have happened to a dirtier guy!

Generalissimus Gibby
09-30-2013, 05:49 PM

Huge blow to the Pats. Really bugs me that the consensus of fans around the league is that he's well liked, while they just brush all the cheap shots and dirty plays to the side. He may have cleaned up a bit recently but he's still a dirty POS in my book.

My heart aches for him, so who wants pie?

Beebe's Kid
09-30-2013, 06:26 PM
The Patriots have washed up, and they have had it...4-0.

Screw the blah blah blah crowd.

Goobylal
09-30-2013, 07:24 PM
Another key piece done. Wilfork's career is likely over, and at least his Patriots career is.

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2013, 07:40 PM

I hope he can never play football again. **** him.

better days
09-30-2013, 11:44 PM
You can blame Wilfork for a lot of things, but Losman ruined his own chances at a career. Losman was in his 5th year when that injury happened, and had already proven he wasn't that good. Plus, the injury was only a sprain and he was only out for 2 games. To say that one play would changed anything is laughable.

Once again you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Wilfork injured Losman in his 4th year NOT his 5th. And Losman did not play at all in his Rookie year thanks to a "teammate" injuring him in preseason his Rookie year.

And Losman was playing well before Wilfork took him out with an ILLEGAL hit he was fined for & which he admitted he INTENDED to injure Losman.

When Losman went out the Bills switched to Trent & CHANGED the offense to suit Trents strengths which were DIFFERENT than Losmans.

Losman was FINISHED in the NFL after that hit by Wilfork, that is a fact.

better days
09-30-2013, 11:49 PM
Well that's both a bit demented and honestly frightening.

Be frightened very frightened. LOL.

What is demented was the fact Wilfork was let off with a slap on the wrist after ADMITTING he injured another player on PURPOSE.

He should have had at the very least a LONG suspension for that & all he got was a SMALL fine.

I will be happy if Wilfork never plays another game & I would bet MANY players that suffered from his DIRTY play feel the same way.

Crisis
10-01-2013, 01:23 AM
Does anybody have a pic/video of the Losman hit? I can't find it anywhere.

GingerP
10-01-2013, 07:43 AM
Once again you... (blah, blah, blah)

I don't mind that you are an angry, bitter soul. Doesn't really affect me, makes me pity you more than anything.

However, if you think the injury Losman suffered had anything to do with him not panning out, you are beyond delusional and should be committed. He had a sprained knee and was back after missing 2 games. It wasn't a career-altering injury in any way, it was a f'in sprain.

Coming into that game J.P. had led the Bills to an 0-2 record while throwing for 251 yards (5.5 YPA), 0 TD , 1 Int and a 68.3 QB Rating. He sucked, and he was no rookie learning the game at that point.

Losman was f'n terrible. If Vince Wilfork had never been born, he would still be f'n terrible. Maybe you are related to him or something, but even his mother knew he wasn't a good NFL QB. He sucked.

pmoon6
10-01-2013, 09:37 AM
C'mon guys. I know he plays for the Patriots and is a little dirty, but wishing his injury is career ending? We used to have a player in Buffalo at the end of his career who made the cover of Sports Illustrated as the dirtiest player in football. Conrad Dobler. He was embraced and loved by Bills' Fans.

better days
10-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Does anybody have a pic/video of the Losman hit? I can't find it anywhere.

I don't have a pic of it but can tell you Wilfork left his feet & took a dive at Losmans knees. He hit Losman in the knee with his forearm.

better days
10-01-2013, 11:30 AM
C'mon guys. I know he plays for the Patriots and is a little dirty, but wishing his injury is career ending? We used to have a player in Buffalo at the end of his career who made the cover of Sports Illustrated as the dirtiest player in football. Conrad Dobler. He was embraced and loved by Bills' Fans.

And I'm sure Wilfork is embraced & loved by Pats* fans.

But I am not a fan of that team. And as dirty as Dobler was I don't remember him ever saying he tried to injure another player on purpose.

His dirty play involved HOLDING, biting a DL player when they stuck their hand inside his face mask etc.

better days
10-01-2013, 11:38 AM
I don't mind that you are an angry, bitter soul. Doesn't really affect me, makes me pity you more than anything.

However, if you think the injury Losman suffered had anything to do with him not panning out, you are beyond delusional and should be committed. He had a sprained knee and was back after missing 2 games. It wasn't a career-altering injury in any way, it was a f'in sprain.

Coming into that game J.P. had led the Bills to an 0-2 record while throwing for 251 yards (5.5 YPA), 0 TD , 1 Int and a 68.3 QB Rating. He sucked, and he was no rookie learning the game at that point.

Losman was f'n terrible. If Vince Wilfork had never been born, he would still be f'n terrible. Maybe you are related to him or something, but even his mother knew he wasn't a good NFL QB. He sucked.

I can't argue he didn't suck. The point is when Wilfork injured him, the Bills changed their offense & went to Trent Edwards. That effectively ended any chance Losman had to IMPROVE because his skill set did not fit the offense the Bills installed for Trent.

If Losman did not get injured in that game he would have continued to play out the season. He may have improved & he may not have but Wilfork took any chance he had of improving away.

pmoon6
10-01-2013, 12:18 PM

But I am not a fan of that team. And as dirty as Dobler was I don't remember him ever saying he tried to injure another player on purpose.

His dirty play involved HOLDING, biting a DL player when they stuck their hand inside his face mask etc.No, he never said he tried to inflict injury.

There's a great story he tells about playing the Steelers when he was with St. Louis. "Mean" Joe Greene would jump up to try to block the pass when he couldn't get to the QB. When he did, Conrad punched him in the solar plexis. Ole Joe started *****ing to the refs and telling Dobler to cut the crap. Joe goes up again and he gets drilled again. Greene continues *****ing, to no avail. He does it a third time and Dobler hits him good.

"Mean" Joe didn't try to block a pass the rest of the game.

GingerP
10-01-2013, 12:27 PM
If Losman did not get injured in that game he would have continued to play out the season. He may have improved & he may not have but Wilfork took any chance he had of improving away.

He had multiple chances to improve throughout his career with multiple teams. He showed each time he wasn't good enough for NFL competition, and that was true of any sprained knee he got from Vince Wilfork. He was flat-out not good enough.

Dobler was the dirtiest guy ever. Dobler was caught spitting on guys. He kicked Merlin Olsen in the head while lying on the ground. He would drop and leg whip guys on purpose. He gouged eyes and tried to twist players heads off by the facemacks. He was a pure brawler who didn't care for the rules.

better days
10-01-2013, 12:44 PM
He had multiple chances to improve throughout his career with multiple teams. He showed each time he wasn't good enough for NFL competition, and that was true of any sprained knee he got from Vince Wilfork. He was flat-out not good enough.

Dobler was the dirtiest guy ever. Dobler was caught spitting on guys. He kicked Merlin Olsen in the head while lying on the ground. He would drop and leg whip guys on purpose. He gouged eyes and tried to twist players heads off by the facemacks. He was a pure brawler who didn't care for the rules.

All this may be true, but Wilfork ADMITTED he INTENDED to injure Losman.

Like I said Dobler may have been dirty, but not with the intent to cause injury to another player.

If I were a Pats* fan, I would feel differently, but I'm not so if Wilfork does not play again I am happy about that.

If you want to lament his loss to the Pats* feel free to do so.

Crisis
10-01-2013, 01:38 PM
I don't have a pic of it but can tell you Wilfork left his feet & took a dive at Losmans knees. He hit Losman in the knee with his forearm.

I remember the play vividly, I just can't find any videos/pictures of it.

pmoon6
10-01-2013, 02:02 PM

His dirty play involved HOLDING, biting a DL player when they stuck their hand inside his face mask etc.BTW BD. I had a guy that worked for me that was engaged to Dobler's daughter. I asked him to tell Conrad the next time he saw him that Bills' Fans still remembered and loved him. He said CD had a smile ear to ear when he relayed the message. It's a shame that he can hardly walk anymore. The game takes it's toll.

GingerP
10-01-2013, 03:08 PM
All this may be true, but Wilfork ADMITTED he INTENDED to injure Losman.

Like I said Dobler may have been dirty, but not with the intent to cause injury to another player.

If I were a Pats* fan, I would feel differently, but I'm not so if Wilfork does not play again I am happy about that.

If you want to lament his loss to the Pats* feel free to do so.

I don't feel one way or the other about Wilfork getting hurt. Lots of players have injuries, it is part of the game.

However, the idea that the knee sprain Wilfork gave J.P. Losman somehow stunted his growth as a player is laughable. It was a knee sprain that caused him to miss 2 games in his 4th season. The only thing that derailed J.P.'s career was his sucking.

better days
10-01-2013, 03:37 PM
I don't feel one way or the other about Wilfork getting hurt. Lots of players have injuries, it is part of the game.

However, the idea that the knee sprain Wilfork gave J.P. Losman somehow stunted his growth as a player is laughable. It was a knee sprain that caused him to miss 2 games in his 4th season. The only thing that derailed J.P.'s career was his sucking.

I already told you my position on the matter. If that is what you want to believe I don't give a damn.

I'm just happy Wilfork can't play & we don't have to worry he will injure EJ.

Beebe's Kid
10-02-2013, 12:42 PM
People applauding injuries is just sick. I don't care who it is to. It shoues the Colliseum mentality of football.

Also, the story about the former Bill that can't walk might help put the Byrd situation in context a little bit, but I doubt it. People would just feel warm and fuzzy that he could manage a smile...after all it is the least he could do to sacrifice his long term well-being in order for you to make bad warrior parallels, while screaming for him in blackout.

Cheering injuries is always crass and thoughtless. It never amazes me to see it done, and in this case vehemently defended. How great an injury was could have been backed off of at any turn, but as is so often the way, it was defended and doubled down on.

don137
10-02-2013, 01:44 PM
While I will not celebrate his injury I will say karma just bit Wilfork in the a**.