PDA

View Full Version : Let's enjoy this win.

Forward_Lateral
09-30-2013, 07:18 AM
Man, what a win yesterday. The Bills D dominated Baltimore, forcing them into a one dimensional passing game. They ran it, what, 2 times in the second half? Not to mention all of the hurries/hits they had on Flacco, making his day pretty miserable.

I thought the secondary played exceptionally well, especially Aaron Williams. Kiko was awesome as well. He always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Dareus was wreaking havoc all day.

Think about this for a second. The Bills did what they did, with both starting corners out, their pro bowl FS out, and their backup corners out. They were down to their 4th, 5th, even 6th corners. Yes they still gave up a few big plays, but they came up huge in many instances. This is a game I thought they were going to blow for sure. Even up 20-7, I wasn't comfortable.

EJ Manuel, despite his bad stat line, played well, I thought. The fumble was completely on him, and the pick to Stevie could be pointed to him too. The deep ball that got picked off really was better than a punt (I think it was 2nd and 20 or something stupid). Let's also not forget, if Lee Smith doesn't fall down, there's an easy TD, and the over turned Woods TD was a great throw. Chandler's over turned catch was just bad luck as well. I'm not saying EJ doesn't have to play better, he does, but I thought he played a lot better than his stat line yesterday.

Clock management was also much better, I thought.

RedEyE
09-30-2013, 07:24 AM
Ravens had 9 rushing attempts for 24 yards.

I would have to think some of that was due to Rice not being 100% and the Ravens game planned on beating the Bills through the air based on what they saw in the game film against the Jets.

You really have to give the defense and the secondary props for this game. 4 starters out and played light out.

Forward_Lateral
09-30-2013, 07:27 AM
I agree. They probably watched the film vs the Jets and were licking their chops. Flacco probably thought he was going to pass for 500 and 5 TDs.

Also, the O-line did a great job of keeping EJ from getting mauled.

Meathead
09-30-2013, 07:34 AM
the more i think about that game the more impressive it becomes. so many nice surprises

gotta say tho, the colts looked just awful. i know they lost a lot of talent from last season but cmon how do you explain laying that turd if youre whichever harbaugh? about the only thing they did well is not fumble and not give up any special teams big plays. sounds more like the bills than defending champs. thats not just sb hangover thats sb detox

pmoon6
09-30-2013, 07:40 AM
the more i think about that game the more impressive it becomes. so many nice surprises

gotta say tho, the colts looked just awful. i know they lost a lot of talent from last season but cmon how do you explain laying that turd if youre whichever harbaugh? about the only thing they did well is not fumble and not give up any special teams big plays. sounds more like the bills than defending champs. thats not just sb hangover thats sb detoxThey whipped the Texans pretty soundly last week. They should have never traded Boldin, IMO.

Speaking of the Texans, did you see the way they gave away the game to Seattle, yesterday? H-Town will be calling for Kubiak and Shaub's heads.

Night Train
09-30-2013, 07:43 AM
I will enjoy the win... but expectations based on the last game are foolish with a rebuiding team.

They will have more Jets games. It's part of the process.

Forward_Lateral
09-30-2013, 07:44 AM
I will enjoy the win... but expectations based on the last game are foolish with a rebuiding team.

They will have more Jets games. It's part of the process.

I think they'll give themselves a chance to win the majority of the remaining games. I'm sure they are bound to get blown out, but I'm also pretty sure they have a few more upsets in the tank.

pmoon6
09-30-2013, 07:51 AM
I will enjoy the win... but expectations based on the last game are foolish with a rebuilding team.

They will have more Jets games. It's part of the process.I'm just happy they are competitive given the bolded quote. It looks like the defense has come together. Hopefully we get Byrd in there soon and that Aaron Williams injury isn't serious. I also haven't read how far along Gilmore is in his rehab.

The King
09-30-2013, 07:55 AM
I don't mind the INT to Woods, those are mistakes rookies are going to make. One thing I hope to see is better officiating, the Bills are a nobody team. So calls don't go there way often. But I saw late hits on Manuel after his slides, I saw hands to the face on Marlon Browns TD catch, I continuously see Mario getting held.

When you consider some of the ricky tacky stuff called on Buffalo this I hope that eventually we can earn the respect of the officials and get calls on the other side too.

Other than that I am thrilled.

I want to see EJ learn a little bit from the shots he took in the running game today, he was very uncomfortable going down. He slid before the first down and managed to take shots on the rest of his "slides". I know the defense was playing lights out yesterday but the play calling late in the game concerned me, I want to see them try and finish that on offense.

pmoon6
09-30-2013, 08:12 AM
I don't mind the INT to Woods, those are mistakes rookies are going to make. One thing I hope to see is better officiating, the Bills are a nobody team. So calls don't go there way often. But I saw late hits on Manuel after his slides, I saw hands to the face on Marlon Browns TD catch, I continuously see Mario getting held.

When you consider some of the ricky tacky stuff called on Buffalo this I hope that eventually we can earn the respect of the officials and get calls on the other side too.

Other than that I am thrilled.

I want to see EJ learn a little bit from the shots he took in the running game today, he was very uncomfortable going down. He slid before the first down and managed to take shots on the rest of his "slides". I know the defense was playing lights out yesterday but the play calling late in the game concerned me, I want to see them try and finish that on offense.I couldn't agree more. I replayed the Tashard Choice run for a first down three times in super slo mo. We were driving and running clock late in the 4th. Oh wait, holding on Wood. Eric Wood didn't come close to holding. I didn't see anybody else grab.

But I'm of the mind that games are engineered for maximum entertainment. The refs wanted the Ravens to get the ball back for an exciting finish. If Buffalo (who would have been at the Raven 40 would have continued to get chunks on the ground AND scored, Baltimore would have been closed out. I see this kind of stuff in a lot of other games, so it's not just my Bills' homerism. Peyton Manning can put up 40 a game with a bunch of homeless men weighing 300 hundred lbs on his O-Line. All they have to do is learn how to hold and it will never be called.