PDA

View Full Version : Injury Report

Forward_Lateral
09-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Any news on Jackson and Spiller? Having a short week sucks, but it will be nice to have a long week to get everyone healthier.

How far away is Gilmore? Any updates?

Post any updates if you get em!

RedEyE
09-30-2013, 10:42 AM
I know its a short week but I hope coach rests both Jackson and Spiller a bit.

Forward_Lateral
09-30-2013, 10:46 AM
I know its a short week but I hope coach rests both Jackson and Spiller a bit.

The Browns aren't a push over. I think the Bills are going to need to run like they did vs Baltimore. I could see Spiller sitting out if it's a bad ankle sprain.

I'm kind of worried as to who's going to play RB. If Freddy and CJ are both banged up, that leaves Choice. Unless you put Summers at tail back?

RedEyE
09-30-2013, 10:48 AM
The Browns aren't a push over. I think the Bills are going to need to run like they did vs Baltimore. I could see Spiller sitting out if it's a bad ankle sprain.

I'm kind of worried as to who's going to play RB. If Freddy and CJ are both banged up, that leaves Choice. Unless you put Summers at tail back?

Not rest them from the game but rest them this week before the game. Browns quietly had a good day over Cincy yesterday. You can't count them out. And the dog pound is going to be mighty loud.

I'm just saying give them a little time to heal during practice this week.

Pinkerton Security
09-30-2013, 10:48 AM
I read that Fred said he'd be playing this Thursday, and Choice showed a few nice runs; he'll never be a gamebreaker but hes a decent back.

Forward_Lateral
09-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Not rest them from the game but rest them this week before the game. Browns quietly had a good day over Cincy yesterday. You can't count them out. And the dog pound is going to be mighty loud.

I'm just saying give them a little time to heal during practice this week.

Oh, I know what you meant. I'm just worried that a short week won't be enough rest.

Hopefully CJ's ankle is fine, and they just held him out as a precaution. He did return and rip off a 10 yard run, and didn't look to be limping that bad. I mean, if he had a bad high ankle, I doubt he would've been back in there, right?

Uncle Jesse
09-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Cleveland is much more of a threat than anyone thought. This will be no easy task at all Thursday.

Ed
09-30-2013, 11:28 AM
Fred already said he's going to play Thursday. Spiller sounded less optimistic, but he did say that even if he's only 85% or so he'll still play. Marrone said he expects CJ to play, so neither injury sounds too serious. I doubt either will get many reps in the next few days, but I think we'll see both play against Cleveland.

I'm more concerned about getting McKelvin back. I hope he's good to go for Thursday.

I would not expect to see Gilmore. He's exactly 5 weeks removed from surgery and they originally said it would be 6-8 weeks. If this game wasn't on a Thursday maybe he would have a chance at playing, but I would imagine his target date is the Cincy game in a couple weeks. I'm not even sure if he's had the pins removed from his wrist yet.

GreedoII
09-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Everybody's back for Cincy...Gilmore...Byrd...Mckelvin...bank it...

Parzival
09-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Everybody's back for Cincy...Gilmore...Byrd...Mckelvin...bank it...

Ha! That would be nice.

gilmore should be back soon though, no? I thought it was a 5-6 week injury and he hurt it in the middle of the preseason.

Ed
09-30-2013, 12:28 PM
Ha! That would be nice.

gilmore should be back soon though, no? I thought it was a 5-6 week injury and he hurt it in the middle of the preseason.
I believe he had surgery on August 26th.

Mr. Pink
09-30-2013, 01:38 PM
Have heard CJ will go on his ankle if it's like 80%. Well he said he'll be able to play if it is. Which means he's not at 80% now. Whether the team sees it the same way he does is another story entirely.