PDA

View Full Version : Plane Banner at the Game Yesterday

alnilla
09-30-2013, 02:07 PM
There was a banner flying that said "Wegmans Hopes the Bills Lose" Can anyone give me any information on why that was up?? I live in Pennsylvania and didn't know if maybe Tops was up to this or another grocery store???

Thanks

kishoph
09-30-2013, 02:14 PM
There is a labor dispute in Rochester between Wegmans and the workers, so I imagine it was some workers that paid for it, at least that's what was reported on this mornings news.

justasportsfan
09-30-2013, 02:15 PM
the one who made the banner works for Tops

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-30-2013, 02:41 PM
That's lawsuit worthy.

superbills
09-30-2013, 02:49 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/communities/wegmans-blames-teamsters-for-anti-buffalo-banner-at-bills-game-20130929

ServoBillieves
09-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Mouthbreathing at it's finest. I'm glad that their labor dispute involves football. Didn't know they were so affected by the Bills.

Novacane
09-30-2013, 03:21 PM
What a waste of union dues

Meathead
09-30-2013, 03:23 PM
why cant they just do things the old way and put somebody in cement shoes

Albany,n.y.
09-30-2013, 03:49 PM
They handed out pamphlets outside the stadium yesterday with a Bills schedule on the back. My friend took one, I didn't because I wasn't interested in hearing about a Wegman's labor dispute in Buffalo since I won't be around a Wegman's again the rest of the year.

Beebe's Kid
09-30-2013, 04:13 PM
They handed out pamphlets outside the stadium yesterday with a Bills schedule on the back. My friend took one, I didn't because I wasn't interested in hearing about a Wegman's labor dispute in Buffalo since I won't be around a Wegman's again the rest of the year.
Good on you, dude.

Michael82
09-30-2013, 04:17 PM
I was annoyed when I saw that sign. I hope Wegmans kills the union in the warehouse. They don't have one in the stores or in the PA warehouse.

Meathead
09-30-2013, 04:20 PM
didnt it say wegmans wants buffalo to lose. that would make more sense

DynaPaul
09-30-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm a union member and all for unions but that banner was low class.

BillsImpossible
09-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Shopping at Tops is depressing. Their employees are miserable. Tops is owned by JP Morgan Chase, a big corrupt bank based in Manhattan.

Shopping at Wegmans is fun. Their employees are happy, and it shows. Wegmans is independently owned, based in Rochester, NY.

Where would you rather spend your money?

Wegmans Makes it 16 Straight Years on FORTUNE '100 Best Companies to Work For' List

http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PressReleaseDetailView?productId=754400&storeId=10052&catalogId=10002&langId=-1

ROCHESTER, NY — For the 16th year in a row, Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is on FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list, this year ranking #5.

Google is ranked #1.

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2013, 07:54 PM
There is a labor dispute in Rochester between Wegmans and the workers, so I imagine it was some workers that paid for it, at least that's what was reported on this mornings news.

Teamsters union paid for it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a union member and all for unions but that banner was low class.

Bull****. It works.

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2013, 07:57 PM
Anyone who is against unions has never had a union cover their backs. They are the only thing keeping corporate America in check.

Dr. Lecter
09-30-2013, 08:09 PM
Of course.

But that does not mean everything they do is right

BillsImpossible
09-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Anyone who is against unions has never had a union cover their backs. They are the only thing keeping corporate America in check.

Small businesses keep corporate America in check. Independence keeps corporate America in check. Individual fans that go to Buffalo Bills games year after year no matter how bad their team is keeps corporate America in check.

Unions don't keep corporate America in check because they have no sense of the free market.

Unions drive corporate America as far away from Buffalo, NY as possible.

Be honest...if Buffalo was a corporate mecca, we'd all have a new stadium to play in and a lot more high paying jobs.

New York sucks for business. Unions are only part of the problem. Flying a banner saying, "Wegmans Wants The Bills To Lose," is just another example as to why I would like to move away and take my business with me to a state that respects small businesses.

imbondz
09-30-2013, 08:27 PM
I can't imagine wasting money on something as ******ed as that

Homegrown
09-30-2013, 08:37 PM
word on the street is the planes pilot is a non-union illegal-migrant scab laborer ....

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2013, 08:39 PM
Small businesses keep corporate America in check. Independence keeps corporate America in check. Individual fans that go to Buffalo Bills games year after year no matter how bad their team is keeps corporate America in check.

Unions don't keep corporate America in check because they have no sense of the free market.

Unions drive corporate America as far away from Buffalo, NY as possible.

Be honest...if Buffalo was a corporate mecca, we'd all have a new stadium to play in and a lot more high paying jobs.

New York sucks for business. Unions are only part of the problem. Flying a banner saying, "Wegmans Wants The Bills To Lose," is just another example as to why I would like to move away and take my business with me to a state that respects small businesses.

I was wrong in saying unions are the only thing keeping corporate america in check. They are a huge part of it though. Also, the banner said Wegmans wants Buffalo to lose.

DynaPaul
09-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Bull****. It works.

The public didn't give two craps when I was out on strike last summer. I work for the phone company.

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2013, 09:19 PM
They wanted to embarrass Wegmans and they did IMO. It also has a lot of people talking about it. I think their ploy was successful. Classy? Not at all but it works.

HAMMER
10-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Works how, what did they accomplish besides looking like *****es? Everyone loves Wegmans.

trapezeus
10-01-2013, 03:12 PM
yet, most of us didnt know about this dispute and now that they flew that plane over, everyone has an opinion which may or may not impact wegmans. seems like the gimmick worked if you ask me.

HAMMER
10-01-2013, 04:40 PM
This will not have any real negative effect on Wegmans, it's not like Tops is any good.