forget about renovation on stadium, build us a new stadium NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

forget about renovation on stadium, build us a new stadium NOW!

Concession stands and restroom facilities in sections 120 through 142 were temporarily closed Sunday due to a water main break.
    Team officials said a collapsed pipe let residue get into the drainage system and cause the backup.
    It was fixed by the third quarter.
    With the money fans spend there, some say dealing with raw sewage was unacceptable. http://rochester.ynn.com/content/new...ilson-stadium/
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: forget about renovation on stadium, build us a new stadium NOW!

I am normally an easy guy to please but that was terrible.

It smelled like **** the whole game and no stands or bathrooms were open.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Agreed, don't waste money on the old stadium.
      Build a new one.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • Jun 2024

Don't worry the eventual new owner will put a gun to the head of the County to build a new stadium under threat of moving the team.

No new owner is going to pay a billion for the team and then spend any real money to also build a stadium.

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

With all the of the hundreds of millions we keep putting in renovations we could've just almost built a new stadium with that money.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

while i agree, theres no way in hell its gonna happen any time in the near future.

Comment

• alnilla
              • Dec 2008

Pipes break it just happens. What they should of done was delayed the game for a few hours and fixed it cleaned it up and then started. I called and *****ed at them for a refund for the game ( Been a season ticket holder for the past 8 years) They said they are gonna call back with what they are offering. We shall see

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

imagine the jokes had the bills lost. ***** in the bathrooms and ***** on the field. But funnier.

i agree, the problem with buffalo is that the city officials are so worried to get things wrong that they are paralyzed from doing anything. get off the pot and build a stadium. We know we need it. the NFL should be willing to put some money in. the state can do it now, or wait til the project is even more expensive. They've got the hockey facilities going up, a new hotel going up downtown. Now is the time to put in a waterfront stadium. No more arguing. Just get it done.

and then start building up some restaurants and some unique attractions around it.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                  • Nov 2009

Yeah... Just build a new stadium.

Sure it will be expensive as ****, and nobody is going to want to pay for it, but just build it.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

how many billions of dollars are lost each year through loopholes and corruption. we can't find 1 single billion to build a ***** stadium and attach some attraction features to make it a place that people would like to see and a cornerstone to revitalizing a city that the state desperately needs to be strong again?

the money is there.

Comment

• HAMMER
                      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                      • Jul 2003

The Bills don't need a new stadium because a pipe burst, the Bills don't need a new stadium period. None of you are going to want to pay for PSL's, increased ticket prices, increased concession prices, or increased parking prices. The game day experience in Buffalo is top notch, tailgating, sight lines, proximity to Thruway. I have enjoyed going to AZ and other new stadiums but none of them have made me have any more fun than a day at the Ralph. It's football folks.

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

The Ralph is older now than the Rock Pile was when it was levelled. It is supstandard NFL digs.

Now the question I have is who is the target of the thread start shout "Build us a stadium NOW!!!" fellow tax payers that would foot the bill?

Do what Florida does. Add a tax to the tourists that will flock downtown to the new Ice rinks on the waterfront. All those new hotel rooms... CH CHING!!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

i agree that it is football and that the ralph has some great aspects, but imagine being able to go get a concession where there is actual elbow room and a couple different non amark food choices. Imagine better club seating.

the thing is that when the state offers to pay for stuff, they need to make the facility much bigger than what the current lin eof thinking is. the stadium should keep the bills in bufalo long term, it should help be a cornerstone to rebuilding the water front, and it should be innovative in helping bring new business to the area. if they can make it a convention center and have the marriott going up be close by, and have some kind of interactive football exhibit or put some type of mall that tries something unique, then you can create some good restaurants and local shops around it to give it a nice vibe.

Having travelled around the US a little bit this year, i notice what buffalo lacks is central community. It's just sprawl at this point. It'd be great to have some companies come in, but that not being on the radar just yet, let's try and build a downtown community that even the suburb people are excited to partake in.

as for the costs of PSL and higher cost tickets, that unfortunately is the price to be paid between keeping a team and losing a team.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                            • Jun 2024

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
                            None of you are going to want to pay for PSL's, increased ticket prices, increased concession prices, or increased parking prices.
                            It is the truth but I would love to shove it up the big mouth's asses by actually turning Buffalo into a modern NFL stadium.

The team will then be gone within 5 years.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                              The Ralph is older now than the Rock Pile was when it was levelled. It is supstandard NFL digs.

Now the question I have is who is the target of the thread start shout "Build us a stadium NOW!!!" fellow tax payers that would foot the bill?

Do what Florida does. Add a tax to the tourists that will flock downtown to the new Ice rinks on the waterfront. All those new hotel rooms... CH CHING!!!!

I don't think War Memorial Stadium was ever updated. The Ralph has been a couple times already.

There is no comparison. The Ralph today even with the broken pipe is MUCH better than the Rockpile was when it was new.

Comment

Working...
                              X