La Canfora says Tensions mounting between Byrd and the Bills. Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

La Canfora says Tensions mounting between Byrd and the Bills. Really?

I don't know Byrd can play CB or RB, that's where Bills need the most right now.
  • DBrown77
    Watching the Bills suck since 1999
    • Mar 2005

Re: La Canfora says Tensions mounting between Byrd and the Bills. Really?

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...rus-byrd-bills

I don't know Byrd can play CB or RB, that's where Bills need the most right now.
    I am sure getting Byrd back and putting Williams at CB would be ideal at this point with all the injuries. Leonard and Searcy arent exactly all-stars.
    Last edited by DBrown77; 10-01-2013, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• pmoon6
      Legendary Zoner
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by DBrown77 View Post
      I am sure getting Byrd back and putting Williams at CB would be ideal at this point with all the injuries. Leonard and Searcy arent exactly all-stars.
      Hmmm. I guess you didn't see how many plays both Leonherd and Searcy made last Sunday.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Leonard and Searcy arent exactly all-stars.
        they aren't but they are playing well enough that I'm not missing Byrd.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PTI
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

They need to dump him to a team that stinks, and I would even take a 3rd for him, as long as they think it is a high draft pick.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

That article provided no value whatsoever.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
              That article provided no value whatsoever.
              The only thing I took out of it: Parker is Carrington's agent too and they turned down contract offers from Buffalo this off-season.

So, now Parker has two injured clients with no guarantee of getting paid after this season ends, no doubt lowering their value. Why do guys still work with this asshat? At least he got Peters paid- now he's ****ing the team and not getting his clients their payday.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                • Aug 2012

Sources say that that article may or may not have been completely worthless.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

I went from hoping Byrd would sign an extension so i could buy his jersey, to disappointed he didnt really negotiate much with the Bills, to hating his guts and not ever wanting to see him touch the field again. The way he has handled this (and/or the way his agent has) is actually sickening to me, whether he deserves the money or not. If you're not happy with the offer you've been given, go out and show that you deserve more instead of sulking and basically refusing to play. Imagine if he went out and had 8 INTs this year, how that would help his stock come FA time in the offseason, as opposed to teams seeing him sit out and be greedy. I think hes honestly hurting himself in terms of potential contract offers.

Comment

• pmoon6
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Dec 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    The only thing I took out of it: Parker is Carrington's agent too and they turned down contract offers from Buffalo this off-season.

So, now Parker has two injured clients with no guarantee of getting paid after this season ends, no doubt lowering their value. Why do guys still work with this asshat? At least he got Peters paid- now he's ****ing the team and not getting his clients their payday.
                    Parker thinks he has leverage because the Bills have been poor and are so desperate to keep their good players that they'll overpay. Since Whalley comes from the Pittsburgh organization I would say he's sadly mistaken.

Comment

• DBrown77
                      Watching the Bills suck since 1999
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                      Hmmm. I guess you didn't see how many plays both Leonherd and Searcy made last Sunday.
                      I also saw them struggle the week before. Although i want Byrd traded at this point i dont see the negative in having a Pro-Bowl safety playing for you.

Comment

• pmoon6
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Dec 2002

I also saw them struggle the week before. Although i want Byrd traded at this point i dont see the negative in having a Pro-Bowl safety playing for you.
                        Not if he doesn't really want to play for us. I'd rather have less than ultra talented players who give 110% on the field than a superstar malcontent. And I wouldn't call Byrd a superstar, either his agent convinced him he is or he had a big head in the first place.
                        Last edited by pmoon6; 10-01-2013, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• Thurmal
                          • Oct 2005

"Strong" offers as well. He's just another player Bills fans overrate and, if he and Parker want to play hardball, he can simply leave. He has as many blocked field goals as career sacks, I'll bet.
                          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• jimmifli
                            • Nov 2006

He definitely seems to prefer brinkmanship and conflict in his negotiations. As to why they still use him? He's pretty good at and gets his clients a lot of money.

Comment

• pmoon6
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                              He definitely seems to prefer brinkmanship and conflict in his negotiations. As to why they still use him? He's pretty good at and gets his clients a lot of money.
                              So was Leigh Steinberg. I think somebody clipped his ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X