PDA

View Full Version : Josh Freeman- any interest?

Dozerdog
10-01-2013, 10:40 AM
If Freeman gets released - any interest in bringing him in as a backup? I dont want the Bills to have Tuel and whats his face from Cleveland as the only option.

Meathead
10-01-2013, 10:42 AM
kelly holcomb?

Meathead
10-01-2013, 10:46 AM
if they wanted to add freeman id be fine with that. i dont like having two rookies as the only qbs either. and id rather have freeman than weeden in that spot

GreedoII
10-01-2013, 10:54 AM
The Bucs could use a QB after Glennon....oh wait...

IlluminatusUIUC
10-01-2013, 10:55 AM
I don't know what to make of Freeman. That team melted down faster and harder than I've ever seen in my life.

RedEyE
10-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Send Byrd to TB for Freeman. I'm OK with it.

Mr. Pink
10-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Yes, Freeman is gonna wanna come here to sit on the bench.

I'm sure he's interested in that idea.

better days
10-01-2013, 11:00 AM
I can tell you all that Freeman throws a nice ball & was the victim of a lot of dropped balls.

He will be a FA this offseason if not sooner. I think it had more to do with his relationship with the HC than his play, although he has not played great in his last year on his contract.

I think he would make a good back up QB but will be looking for another shot to start so I doubt he would sign with the Bills.

TacklingDummy
10-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Yes, Freeman is gonna wanna come here to sit on the bench.

I'm sure he's interested in that idea.

EJ keeps regressing the way he has been, Freeman could be the starter next year. Not that another bum would solve the problem.

Pinkerton Security
10-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Id take him as a backup, absolutely.

- - - Updated - - -

EJ keeps regressing the way he has been, Freeman could be the starter next year. Not that another bum would solve the problem.

regressing, 4 games into his career?! TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

trapezeus
10-01-2013, 11:06 AM
i don't want him. he's unproven and streaky ( i don't know a ton about him). I know he had a great rookie campaign. and i know that the coaching staff is sticking it to him. but do you really want a guy who is pretty public about wanting out?

he's essentially Losman. When losman got demoted (and other first round busts), they had the good sense to stay quiet and get another chance elsewhere.

freeman was the starter, lost the job and then took it public. is that the leader you want or a guy you'd want on your team?

at this level, everyone has potential. but some guys have more warts and make it harder to acheive. i think freeman is going to need a great situation to get better. The bills aren't that team right now.

TacklingDummy
10-01-2013, 11:06 AM

105.5 QBR to 89.3 QBR to 71.8 to 48.9

What would you call that? Progress? :lmao:

better days
10-01-2013, 11:10 AM

What would you call that?

I would call that FOUR games in a Rookies career. Do you think his QBR will go down week after week & he will never have a week where it goes up again?

TacklingDummy
10-01-2013, 11:16 AM
105.5 QBR to 89.3 QBR to 71.8 QBR to 48.9 QBR

You pick the one that fits...

prog·ress
noun
noun: progress
ˈprägrəs,ˈprägˌres,ˈprōˌgres/
intr.v. pro·gress (pr-grs) pro·gressed, pro·gress·ing, pro·gress·es
1. To advance; proceed: Work on the new building progressed at a rapid rate.
2. To advance toward a higher or better stage; improve steadily:

or

re·gress
verb
gerund or present participle: regressing
riˈgres/

return to a former or less developed state.

:snicker: This is too easy.

alnilla
10-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Send Byrd to TB for Freeman. I'm OK with it.

Glad you have nothing to do with the Front Office

Buckets
10-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Stupid thread!

RedEyE
10-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Glad you have nothing to do with the Front Office

Good thing you do...oh, wait. That's right, your opinion is as meaningless as mine. Welcome to an internet message board. Let me show you around...

RedEyE
10-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Stupid thread!

Why? He asked a simple question and several people have responded. Where's your latest contribution?

PromoTheRobot
10-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Another "franchise QB" down the hole, lol.

PTR

DraftBoy
10-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Given what was leaked, Freeman may be ok with being a backup for a year or two and earning a job. It would provide EJ with an uncomfortable situation but in my mind competition is never a bad thing.

Mr. Pink
10-01-2013, 11:49 AM

He actually hit on some NFL caliber passes this past weekend.

QBR or no QBR, I think Sunday was his best start of the year.

I'd rather watch last weeks performance of throwing the ball down field, hitting a deep ball in stride, perfectly positioning the non TD to Woods than dink and dunk 3rd and 7 two yard dumpoffs.

THATHURMANATOR
10-01-2013, 11:51 AM
Sure bring him in.

Pinkerton Security
10-01-2013, 11:55 AM

Ok troll. Tell me with all honesty that you think 4 games can accurately predict a rookie QBs career, or season even. What happens if he posts a QBR of 95 next week? What then? Then hes guaranteed to skyrocket to stardom right, based on the trend?

trying to say that Manuel is "regressing" 4 games into his NFL career is as laughable as anything you've ever said. Im not trying to say hes playing lights out but 4 games? C'mon man, go troll on BB.com or something.

Pinkerton Security
10-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Also, as long as we're posting definitions, since you're obviously pretty uneducated, heres a snippet about regression analysis:

Regression analysis often depends to some extent on making assumptions about this process. These assumptions are sometimes testable if many data are available. Regression models for prediction are often useful even when the assumptions are moderately violated, although they may not perform optimally. However, in many applications, especially with small effects or questions of causality based on observational data, regression methods can give misleading results

alnilla
10-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Good thing you do...oh, wait. That's right, your opinion is as meaningless as mine. Welcome to an internet message board. Let me show you around...

Hey jack off you don't trade Pro Bowl Safety for a back up QB. That's called common sense not an opinion.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-01-2013, 12:09 PM
He actually hit on some NFL caliber passes this past weekend.

QBR or no QBR, I think Sunday was his best start of the year.

I'd rather watch last weeks performance of throwing the ball down field, hitting a deep ball in stride, perfectly positioning the non TD to Woods than dink and dunk 3rd and 7 two yard dumpoffs.

This...
i couldn't agree more. I thought despite his stat line he had a decent game. The fumble and the second pick weren't good. Stevie dropped a very catchable third down that ended up being a pick (if i remember correctly) There's another incomplete to woods and the chandler and david lee tripping on air and his stat line is looking a lot different probably with a QBR in the 80s or 90s.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-01-2013, 12:10 PM
This...
i couldn't agree more. I thought despite his stat line he had a decent game. The fumble and the second pick weren't good. Stevie dropped a very catchable third down that ended up being a pick (if i remember correctly) There's another incomplete to woods and the chandler and david lee tripping on air and his stat line is looking a lot different probably with a QBR in the 80s or 90s.

And if Johnson doesn't recover his fumble, then he just about coughed up the lead with less than 4 minutes left.

better days
10-01-2013, 12:49 PM
And if Johnson doesn't recover his fumble, then he just about coughed up the lead with less than 4 minutes left.

If such a BIG word with only 2 letters.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-01-2013, 12:56 PM

It is. Which is the point I've been making for two days now. Manuel is getting praise for this game when he was the main reason why it was even close. With that performance from the D and halfbacks, we should be cruising in the 4th quarter, not needing Alonso to play the hero just to win by 3.

sukie
10-01-2013, 12:59 PM

"Is" is a huge word as well. Juz sayin.

better days
10-01-2013, 01:30 PM
It is. Which is the point I've been making for two days now. Manuel is getting praise for this game when he was the main reason why it was even close. With that performance from the D and halfbacks, we should be cruising in the 4th quarter, not needing Alonso to play the hero just to win by 3.

Manuel is getting praise because the Bills won 2 games with him at QB & the fact he is a ROOKIE with the potential to get much better.

He played well enough that he did not cause the Bills to lose that game unlike Flacco who can be totally blamed by Ravens fans for their loss.

justasportsfan
10-01-2013, 01:36 PM

Don't forget Dummy's beloved qb Flutie was a HOF in his first 4 games. Oh wait.

Thurmal
10-01-2013, 01:53 PM
There are a lot of rumors down in Tampa about him having a problem with blow.

imbondz
10-01-2013, 01:54 PM
but doesn't Freeman play like a rookie

WagonCircler
10-01-2013, 02:11 PM
he's essentially Losman. When losman got demoted (and other first round busts), they had the good sense to stay quiet and get another chance elsewhere.

Yes, Losman may not have been a good QB, but at least he wasn't a jackass (and he was better than both Holcomb and Edwards).

Freeman is a jackass.

HAMMER
10-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Sure, let's take on someone elses headcase again. We just endured the failed Vince Young experiment, enough. The grass isn't always greener.

TacklingDummy
10-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Ok troll. .

Here we go with the name calling again, reminds me of 1998-2001, 2004-2008. Wonder what the reason were during that time. :rolleyes:

Dozerdog
10-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Why it works for the Bills-

Not that Manuel is the next RG III- but the Skins have shown why it is important to have quality backups when the bread and butter goes down. Unfortunately Shanny didnt use it quick enough a tthe end of last season. The Bills dont want the rest of the rebuild to slide if EJ goes down - even for a few games

Why it works for Freeman-

Highly unlikely he gets a starting job anywhere in the league (except Jacksonville) in mid season unless a team has a catastrophy a tthe position. He realizes his confidence is shot and would probably welcome a bench job for the rest of the year

win/win

trapezeus
10-01-2013, 02:47 PM
does freeman's style compliment what we are trying to do with EJ? it's like the tebow debate. if an offense needs to be completely regiggered for freeman if he comes in, then he isn't the back up for this team. Yes tuel is unproven, but the coaches feel that he understands this offense and can run it if EJ isn't there. If they don't feel that way with freeman, there is zero use to bring him in.

Meathead
10-01-2013, 02:49 PM
"Is" is a huge word as well. Juz sayin.

depends on what the definition of the word is is

Meathead
10-01-2013, 02:54 PM
i havent been following his situation, whats the basis for the headcase label?

oh lord. that would explain a lot. for his sake hope its not true, but the last thing the bills need is a snowblind backup screwing up team chem

if im him id rather go to the jets anyway. maybe im just wearing homer glasses but geno looks like a far bigger bust risk than ej

DynaPaul
10-01-2013, 03:15 PM

In the realm of statistics we call that far too small of a sample size to make future predictions.

RedEyE
10-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Hey jack off you don't trade Pro Bowl Safety for a back up QB. That's called common sense not an opinion.

Whoa!!! Such hostility for a lil' fella armed with a keyboard.

Your Pro Bowl Safety making the Pro Bowl this year?

Think about it.

Its obvious the guy doesn't want to play for the Bills. A logical person would want to off-load him while you have a chance. Get something out of guy that is just sitting back, collecting a pay check and watching football games. Otherwise your money spent on that awesome Pro Bowl Safety isn't worth the paper its printed on.

It doesn't have to be Freeman. A pizza and your Mother's worn out ass would suit me just fine.

Bill Cody
10-01-2013, 04:08 PM

Makes sense. When you're completing 45% of your passes the word "blow" does come to mind.

Night Train
10-01-2013, 05:36 PM
He's a backup on his best day. Has very little poise under pressure.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Albany,n.y.
10-01-2013, 05:38 PM

More proof that QBRs are the worst stats in the history of sports.

starrymessenger
10-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Also, as long as we're posting definitions, since you're obviously pretty uneducated, heres a snippet about regression analysis:

Regression analysis often depends to some extent on making assumptions about this process. These assumptions are sometimes testable if many data are available. Regression models for prediction are often useful even when the assumptions are moderately violated, although they may not perform optimally. However, in many applications, especially with small effects or questions of causality based on observational data, regression methods can give misleading results

what

ok I agree

BillsFever21
10-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Whoa!!! Such hostility for a lil' fella armed with a keyboard.

Your Pro Bowl Safety making the Pro Bowl this year?

Think about it.

Its obvious the guy doesn't want to play for the Bills. A logical person would want to off-load him while you have a chance. Get something out of guy that is just sitting back, collecting a pay check and watching football games. Otherwise your money spent on that awesome Pro Bowl Safety isn't worth the paper its printed on.

It doesn't have to be Freeman. A pizza and your Mother's worn out ass would suit me just fine.

I would rather get a draft pick out of Byrd then a backup for part of the season. It's not like he would sign here after the season was over with. He will sign with a team where he has a chance to compete for a starting job. Not for a team that has a highly drafted rookie entrenched as the starter.

Buffalo Thriller
10-01-2013, 09:24 PM
I think Freeman got the **** deal when Schiano got there. He could do well in the right system but I don't want him.

Pinkerton Security
10-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Here we go with the name calling again, reminds me of 1998-2001, 2004-2008. Wonder what the reason were during that time. :rolleyes:

Allright, prove you're not a troll and actually respond to my post instead of clearing the rest of it out.

trapezeus
10-02-2013, 10:03 AM
i havent been following his situation, whats the basis for the headcase label?

oh lord. that would explain a lot. for his sake hope its not true, but the last thing the bills need is a snowblind backup screwing up team chem

if im him id rather go to the jets anyway. maybe im just wearing homer glasses but geno looks like a far bigger bust risk than ej

last time the bills had a QB on blow, we were going to superbowls.

HAMMER
10-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Two months ago Tuel was great, now we want to replace him with a proven failure. To say you people are fickle would be an understatement.

EDS
10-02-2013, 10:38 AM
I don't want Freeman mostly because I see his career as a sort of "worst case scenario" for EJ - e.g., overdrafted first round QB with good measurables that fails to establish consistency despite having some "moments" of success.

Obviously Maunel has not played long enough to determine if his career will be more like Freeman or more like Rothlisberger, but I rather not be reminded of the potential for the former on a weekly basis.

Buckets
10-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Why? He asked a simple question and several people have responded. Where's your latest contribution?

Because this is what the rest of the world thinks! From the Comcast sports site.

"Let's be honest, nobody wants Josh Freeman right now. He's toxic with the combination of his play, attitude and contract."

better days
10-02-2013, 12:02 PM
I don't want Freeman mostly because I see his career as a sort of "worst case scenario" for EJ - e.g., overdrafted first round QB with good measurables that fails to establish consistency despite having some "moments" of success.

Obviously Maunel has not played long enough to determine if his career will be more like Freeman or more like Rothlisberger, but I rather not be reminded of the potential for the former on a weekly basis.

Well, Freeman was drafted in the 3rd rnd, not the 1st rnd.

trapezeus
10-02-2013, 12:05 PM
freeman was the 17th pick. Glennon was a 3rd round pick.

JoeMama
10-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Well, Freeman was drafted in the 3rd rnd, not the 1st rnd.

Dude he was picked in the first round.

better days
10-02-2013, 12:06 PM
freeman was the 17th pick. Glennon was a 3rd round pick.

Yeah, my mistake I tried to delete the post but the stupid board would not let me after about 2 minutes.

Mr. Pink
10-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Another first round bust because he didn't have the mental makeup to succeed in the NFL.

coastal
10-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Josh Freeman just built a $5million home in Bayshore area of Tampa...

lolz.

better days
10-03-2013, 08:44 AM
I would rather get a draft pick out of Byrd then a backup for part of the season. It's not like he would sign here after the season was over with. He will sign with a team where he has a chance to compete for a starting job. Not for a team that has a highly drafted rookie entrenched as the starter.

The Bills or any other team could get Freeman for a 7th rnd pick at this point.

The Bucs would cut him today but then they would have to pay him $6 Mill immediately.

Buckets
10-03-2013, 03:22 PM
"The Buccaneers had contact with every team about trying to trade the disgruntled QB but couldn't find any takers and opted to release him on Thursday."

BillsFever21
10-03-2013, 03:43 PM
If the money was right I would bring him in now that he has been released and his contract was voided. He will find a job somewhere but most likely he will want to sign with a team where he will have a chance to compete for a starting job. That wouldn't happen in Buffalo since we just drafted a rookie.

There are other teams who have younger QB's who failed, aging starting QB's or teams that might want another option to compete with their starter that would probably give him a look and a chance to compete for a starting job. I don't see him signing with a team where he knows he won't have a chance to start outside of an injury. He may for the rest of the season but nothing beyond that.

Maybe teams like the Jagaurs, Cardinals, Browns, Raiders, Eagles or Texans. The Texans could use some insurance in case Schaub continues to blow games or somebody for next year to compete with or replace him. The rest of the teams might want to give him a look to decide if they would want to draft a QB in the first round next year or to compete with their current starters.

gr8slayer
10-03-2013, 03:46 PM
I don't think that it would make any sense, just put unneeded pressure on E.J.

X-Era
10-04-2013, 06:08 AM
Long break now, Tuel isn't an NFL backup yet, EJ may miss some time... Bring him in.

DraftBoy
10-04-2013, 06:52 AM
Even without the EJ injury he should be brought in.

Forward_Lateral
10-04-2013, 07:16 AM
Even without the EJ injury he should be brought in.

This. So much. Tuel needs time to learn, whether it's on the PS or as the 3rd string QB. He shouldn't be on the field yet.

TacklingDummy
10-04-2013, 07:20 AM
Bring him in, can't be any worse than what we have right now.

trapezeus
10-04-2013, 07:38 AM
i'm on board for freeman if EJ is out.

I also thought tuel looked awful, but i'll give him the billy joe hobert pass. probably didn't expect to play and was playing 4 weeks with #2. If he has to start next game, let's see how he does in the next game. if he is as bad as last night, freeman needs to come in. he sadly is probably the best of what's out there.

Unless (gasp) Favre sees an opening.

RedEyE
10-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Really is there any better option out ther right now. Hell the price is right. Won't even cost a trade now.

Albany,n.y.
10-04-2013, 02:51 PM
With EJ out, I'm all for bringing him in -there's nobody else out there.

LVGrown
10-04-2013, 04:33 PM
I am not too familiar with Freeman, but he and EJ appear to be from the same mold. Correct me if I am wrong, he would be able to come in and run the same offense unlike Tuel.

JoeMama
10-04-2013, 08:01 PM
The Bucs are so inept.

If your goal is to move a guy, you have to pretend he has value.

You don't have a very public falling out and then pretend he's awesome. You don't demote him as team captain. You don't make him inactive against the Cardinals (oddly enough, a game he would have won had he started). You don't show your hand as a team that's in complete disarray.

That whole situation became so toxic, not a single team was willing to trade for him because they knew he could be obtained for free after being cut.

Meathead
10-04-2013, 08:23 PM
tuel looked awful, but i'll give him the billy joe hobert pass. probably didn't expect to play

the way he says he prepares every week like hes the starter makes me believe he does. im sure he was cranking out mental reps like crazy. pretty cool kid in that regard. i hope he gets his shot next sunday

Mace
10-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Freeman is just so preordained to go to Jacksonville.

There's not any reason here for a maybe when we already have some.

JoeMama
10-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Freeman is just so preordained to go to Jacksonville.

There's not any reason here for a maybe when we already have some.

I don't know...

The Jax FO seems pretty content with their dumpster fire QB's at the moment.

Freeman would be a significant step up, but most of my friends who are Jags fans want them to lose out so they can get Teddy Bridgewater or Tajh Boyd.

There's no point to a stop-gap if you're headed toward 0-16.

I still think Tebow makes sense from a business standpoint though.

Mace
10-04-2013, 08:57 PM
I don't know...

The Jax FO seems pretty content with their dumpster fire QB's at the moment.

Freeman would be a significant step up, but most of my friends who are Jags fans want them to lose out so they can get Teddy Bridgewater or Tajh Boyd.

There's no point to a stop-gap if you're headed toward 0-16.

I still think Tebow makes sense from a business standpoint though.

I sort of think they'd try Freeman but mostly lose out to get a shot at Bridgewater anyway. I don't really think Freeman is very good just worth a shot for the desperate.

I agree there's no point to a stopgap unless you're trying to tell your fans you're trying, from a marketing view.

Tebow is either the starting TE or Fullback next season no doubt, with Bridgewater starting and Freeman the experienced backup. Somehow, Gabbert will be on the Bills roster to replace the concussion retired Kolb.

JoeMama
10-04-2013, 09:00 PM
I sort of think they'd try Freeman but mostly lose out to get a shot at Bridgewater anyway. I don't really think Freeman is very good just worth a shot for the desperate.

I agree there's no point to a stopgap unless you're trying to tell your fans you're trying, from a marketing view.

Tebow is either the starting TE or Fullback next season no doubt, with Bridgewater starting and Freeman the experienced backup. Somehow, Gabbert will be on the Bills roster to replace the concussion retired Kolb.

Gabbo was the one guy I prayed we wouldn't draft in 2011.

I feel validated.

Mace
10-04-2013, 09:18 PM

I feel validated.

People were crazy here in some places to get him too. I remember seeing him projected here a year before the draft and thinking, huh ?

JoeMama
10-04-2013, 09:19 PM
People were crazy here in some places to get him too. I remember seeing him projected here a year before the draft and thinking, huh ?

I think as a rule it's a good idea to stay away from one-year wonders at QB in the NCAA.

Most of them are massive busts.

Mace
10-04-2013, 09:43 PM
I think as a rule it's a good idea to stay away from one-year wonders at QB in the NCAA.

Most of them are massive busts.

Gabbert had that flicking his locks thing going too. "Yeah, I'm a quarterback, I'm overcompensating, it's what I do. I'll be terrible, but Axe will set up a shop in your city for my endorsements. Deal with it. Don't hate me for being so Axe, hate me for being a bad QB, but you can't, because I'm flipping my locks and Axe set up a shop in your city, and stop bothering me, I have things to do which are none of your business. Next season I will cut my hair and become serious, severely shorn, then if I am bad you can call for Tebow haha, as if."

BillsImpossible
10-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Josh Freeman is gay. That's the big hang up.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d82a82fd4/Josh-Freeman-sees-better-days-for-Bucs-offense

http://www.tampabay.com/multimedia/archive/00232/c4s_freeman072712_232459c.jpg

http://nflricheisen.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/josh-freeman.jpg?w=610

JoeMama
10-04-2013, 10:01 PM
I wont' believe he's gay until he has a Playboy Playmate fighting over him like Jeff Garcia.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-04-2013, 11:46 PM

I feel validated.

I was legit terrified that we would take Gabbert that year. White knuckled.