PDA

View Full Version : Fitzpatrick plays KC at home, at Seattle, at home versus San Fran........

PTI
10-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Titans are 3-1 right now..........will they be 3-4?

Tough tasks ahead of him.

DynaPaul
10-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Count on it.

JoeMama
10-01-2013, 06:30 PM
He's Fitzmagic the first 4-5 games of the season.

He's mostly Fitztragic down the stretch.

His arm strength seems to atrophy the more games he plays.

But I think he'll be an okay stop-gap while Locker heals. Assuming it's not a 6-8+ week injury.

more cowbell
10-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Who is Ryan Fitzpatrick?

BillsFever21
10-01-2013, 07:54 PM
No surprise here. As soon as he signed with the Titans I said he would be playing at some point in the season. Locker has proven that he can't stay healthy and nothing changed this season. It's too bad because he was actually starting to play some good football and the Titans were winning.

Don't Panic
10-01-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm pulling for him... unless they pay us. Looks like he's going to be hard pressed to get a win on the front end though.

Albany,n.y.
10-02-2013, 09:06 AM
I'm hoping Locker is out through November so that when I go to the Titans@Raiders game the week the Bills have the bye Fitzpatrick is playing.

justasportsfan
10-02-2013, 09:08 AM
you gameplan for Fitz like you gameplan for EJ. Cover the short to medium range and force them to throw deep. Dare them.

JoeMama
10-02-2013, 09:17 AM
you gameplan for Fitz like you gameplan for EJ. Cover the short to medium range and force them to throw deep. Dare them.

You're such a homer usually. When did you decide to entrench yourself so deeply in the anti-EJ camp?

EJ has good arm strength. He hit Johnson and Woods on effortless deep passes this year. He's not similar to Fitz for a lot of reasons. For starters, his arm isn't blown out past September.

Pinkerton Security
10-02-2013, 09:18 AM
You're such a homer usually. When did you decide to entrench yourself so deeply in the anti-EJ camp?

EJ has good arm strength. He hit Johnson and Woods on effortless deep passes this year. He's not similar to Fitz for a lot of reasons. For starters, his arm isn't blown out past September.

Arm strength isnt an issue for EJ, deep accuracy is though.

bdutton
10-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Fear the Beard.

better days
10-02-2013, 09:22 AM

If EJ continues to make those plays teams will have to loosen up the defense but up to now they have been daring EJ to throw deep.

The difference between EJ & Fitz is that EJ has the arm to throw deep Fitz doesn't.

justasportsfan
10-02-2013, 09:27 AM

I'm not anti-EJ. I wanted EJ out of all the qb's in this draft but that doesn't mean I can't state the obvious. I'll be more critical of him because I expect more out of him than I did any qb's since Bledsoe. I know it will take time but will call a spade a spade.Gave him props for having the balls to throw deep in the last game but hoping for more consistency in accuracy which still isn't there.

Fitz was at least more accurate in the short to mid range than EJ. Fitz also loved to spread the ball around. EJ so far only has chemistry with Woods and it isn't at the Stevie and Fitz level of chemistry.

PTI
10-02-2013, 09:31 AM
Those are 3 good teams, I think Fitz is in a no win situation, he can play decent and lose the next 3 games easily.

better days
10-02-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm not anti-EJ. I wanted EJ out of all the qb's in this draft but that doesn't mean I can't state the obvious. I'll be more critical of him because I expect more out of him than I did any qb's since Bledsoe. I know it will take time but will call a spade a spade.Gave him props for having the balls to throw deep in the last game but hoping for more consistency in accuracy which still isn't there.

Fitz was at least more accurate in the short to mid range than EJ. Fitz also loved to spread the ball around. EJ so far only has chemistry with Woods and it isn't at the Stevie and Fitz level of chemistry.

EJ missed about 4 weeks of practice. In time I think he will develop chemistry with Stevie & Chandler as well as the chemistry he has with Woods. I would like to see Summers get a couple passes on Thursday as well, he seems to have soft hands.

JoeMama
10-02-2013, 09:35 AM

Obviously he has accuracy issues.

But he's different from Fitz in that he CAN hit deep routes, he just misses more often than not.

Fitz combusted when he was asked to throw deep beyond week 4.

JoeMama
10-02-2013, 09:38 AM

Stevie was awesome the first three weeks, what are you talking about?

I didn't like the EJ draft pick more than most people, but I'm willing to give the kid a fair shake. The only thing to be expected from him is inconsistency. Not every QB blazes through their rookie season like Andrew Luck or RGIII.

justasportsfan
10-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Stevie was awesome the first three weeks, what are you talking about?

I didn't like the EJ draft pick more than most people, but I'm willing to give the kid a fair shake. The only thing to be expected from him is inconsistency. Not every QB blazes through their rookie season like Andrew Luck or RGIII.

consistency is what I'm talking about. I know Stevie was okay but not as good as he was when Fitz was here and it's because the chemistry with EJ isn't there yet. Same goes with Chandler and even TJ Graham. What I say is based on observations the first 4 games not what Ej will be.

JoeMama
10-02-2013, 09:48 AM
consistency is what I'm talking about. I know Stevie was okay but not as good as he was when Fitz was here and it's because the chemistry with EJ isn't there yet. Same goes with Chandler and even TJ Graham. What I say is based on observations the first 4 games not what Ej will be.

:eyeroll:

Stevie was on pace for his best season ever as a pro based on his first three games with EJ.

EJ leaves a lot to be desired but it seems premature to hold him to a 9 year veteran standard.

trapezeus
10-02-2013, 03:00 PM
weather is still ok. i think fitz can be servicable. i think once the weather turns and that long wind-up takes hold, he'll be figured out.

imbondz
10-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Titans are a very good team this year. Their 3-1 record is not a fluke. If Fitzpatrick can manage games, they'll be alright.

Titans - zero turnovers through 4 games. Locker, top 5 in QB rating this year.

WagonCircler
10-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Obviously he has accuracy issues.

But he's different from Fitz in that he CAN hit deep routes, he just misses more often than not.

Fitz combusted when he was asked to throw deep beyond week 4.

Seems to me that he has the exact opposite problem as Fitz.

Fitz was a genius who knew exactly what to do and when to do it, but lacked the physical tools to accomplish what he needed.

EJ has crazy arm strength, but he has zero pocket awareness, suspect escapability, and wild inconsistency that makes you wonder if he's not a head case.

I think, with serious work on mechanics, a QB can tighten up his accuracy by maybe 15%. A 15% improvement on EJ's accuracy is still well below replacement level.

I hope I'm wrong, I'm just not confident that he can ever be consistent enough to be a franchise QB.

TigerJ
10-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Since he now plays QB in the south, maybe Ryan Fitzpatrick should no longer be regarded as the Amish Rifle, and should not be labeled as Ryan Fitzduckdynasty. On a more serious note, Jake Locker's injury pretty much wipes out Tennessee's promising start. They might not have won those three games anyway, but I don't think there's any way Fitzpatrick can lead them to wins against tough teams. Tennessee fans are soon going to be praying for a speedy Locker recovery.

better days
10-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Seems to me that he has the exact opposite problem as Fitz.

Fitz was a genius who knew exactly what to do and when to do it, but lacked the physical tools to accomplish what he needed.

EJ has crazy arm strength, but he has zero pocket awareness, suspect escapability, and wild inconsistency that makes you wonder if he's not a head case.

I think, with serious work on mechanics, a QB can tighten up his accuracy by maybe 15%. A 15% improvement on EJ's accuracy is still well below replacement level.

I hope I'm wrong, I'm just not confident that he can ever be consistent enough to be a franchise QB.

So where do you get those ideas? Did you pull that 15% out of your azz or do you have ANY evidence that is the case?

And no EJ does not have eyes in the back of his head but I remember Fitz getting sacked for 20 to 30 yd losses.

gebobs
10-02-2013, 10:03 PM

Force him to throw to moving targets. He hates that.

WagonCircler
10-03-2013, 12:08 AM
So where do you get those ideas? Did you pull that 15% out of your azz or do you have ANY evidence that is the case?

And no EJ does not have eyes in the back of his head but I remember Fitz getting sacked for 20 to 30 yd losses.

There's no way to quantify that, asswipe. But I used to be a coach at a certain football camp and watched several Hall of Fame QBs tutor young QBs on footwork and mechanics. The thing is, if you get to this level and have bad mechanics, after probably ten years of being coached up, there's a problem.

And EJ, at the first sign of pressure, looks like the drunks that I used to toss out of bars. He has terrible balance, does not seem agile at all, and he is showing a carelessness with the football that ends QBs' careers very early.

better days
10-03-2013, 08:32 AM
There's no way to quantify that, asswipe. But I used to be a coach at a certain football camp and watched several Hall of Fame QBs tutor young QBs on footwork and mechanics. The thing is, if you get to this level and have bad mechanics, after probably ten years of being coached up, there's a problem.

And EJ, at the first sign of pressure, looks like the drunks that I used to toss out of bars. He has terrible balance, does not seem agile at all, and he is showing a carelessness with the football that ends QBs' careers very early.

Whats up with the name calling?

A PeeWee Coach & Bouncer, yeah, you should write a book about NFL QB's & explain to the World your theory of the 15% rule. LOL.

justasportsfan
10-03-2013, 09:15 AM
EJ leaves a lot to be desired but it seems premature to hold him to a 9 year veteran standard.In case you missed my other posts about being encouraged by EJ, I don't think it's bad to simply was point out his flaws. It's not like I am comparing him to a Peyton Manning. Would it be fair then to compare EJ who was drafted to be our franchise qb to Russell Wilson in his rookie year?

PTI
10-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Titans are a very good team this year. Their 3-1 record is not a fluke. If Fitzpatrick can manage games, they'll be alright.

Titans - zero turnovers through 4 games. Locker, top 5 in QB rating this year.

That is how Brad Johnson won a SUper Bowl, like 4 INTs that year, 96 QB rating, I think he was 4th in the MVP that season, he was superb that one year.

gebobs
10-03-2013, 10:57 AM
I had to check out that pass that Fitz threw for the TD (http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/Nate-Washington-Catches-77-yard-Touchdown/2568ac5c-fdec-4315-b4ca-82ea906e43c5) last week. Whoa...pretty nice throw. A little underthrown but Cromartie got beat badly.

And a great take down of Cromartie by the back judge!

K-Gun
10-03-2013, 11:14 AM

With his accuracy, I think its an issue of consistency in applying the fundamentals of his footwork. To me its seems like the game is moving too fast for him at times, which translates into hesitation, slower progression reads and a breakdown of footwork fundamentals.

I'm hoping that its something that time and experience will correct. The more games he gets under his belt, the more things will slow down, which in turn will help him be more consistant in his footwork and progressions. Which will then help him make faster decisions.

I'd love to see game highlights from rookie seasons of qb's like Eli, Roethlisberger and see how they looked making decisions under pressure. The one thing that concerns me even on good throws his arm motion doesn't seem natural. There are certainly highly successful qb's with untraditional throwing mechanics, but there's something funny about the way he throws the ball to me.