PDA

View Full Version : THE BETTER CONFERENCE

better days
10-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Before the season started some people on this board asserted the NFC was a much superior Conference to the AFC.

Well through the first four games, the AFC has HAMMERED the NFC in interconference games.

At this point it would appear the AFC is by far the Superior Conference.

pmoon6
10-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Before the season started some people on this board asserted the NFC was a much superior Conference to the AFC.

Well through the first four games, the AFC has HAMMERED the NFC in interconference games.

At this point it would appear the AFC is by far the Superior Conference.Let's see the AFC has:

Denver
New England
Houston
KC (surprise)
Indy
Cincy (Despite a slow start)
Tennessee (although losing Locker hurts big)

NFC
Seattle
San Fran
Green Bay
Nawlins
Detroit
Chicago
Atlanta

I kinda think they're even, strength wise. But we'll see how it plays out. Far too early in the season to really draw conclusions about any team. The Broncos are looking like they are shoe-ins as SB Champions. It rarely plays out that way.

better days
10-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Let's see the AFC has:

Denver
New England
Houston
KC (surprise)
Indy

NFC
Seattle
San Fran
Green Bay
Nawlins
Detroit
Chicago
Atlanta

I kinda think they're even, strength wise. But we'll see how it plays out. Far too early in the season to really draw conclusions about any team. The Broncos are looking like they are shoe-ins as SB Champions. It rarely plays out that way.

The Packers are 1-2 with one of their losses against the Bengals

The Falcons are 1-3 and lost to both the Fins & Pats*

So far the AFC looks like the better conference & both the Browns & Bills have a better record than those two teams

pmoon6
10-01-2013, 05:41 PM

So far the AFC looks like the better conference & both the Browns & Bills have a better record than those two teamsOK, you make a good point. I just think the Packers and Falcons are still very good football teams and both are well coached. They will both make the playoffs.

Remember when we were 5-1 a couple years back and then took a gigantic crap. Some of that was injuries, but I think a lot was we weren't that good and teams figured us out.

BillsFever21
10-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Saying the Bills are better then the Packers and Falcons because they have one more victory after 4 weeks into the season is foolish.

Don't Panic
10-01-2013, 08:06 PM
I actually think we're looking at one of the more balanced years in recent history. Denver is clearly the best team, but the rest of the top 5 is mostly NFC IMO. I think both playoff brackets are going to be tough and that once again we'll have a competitive Super Bowl.

Beebe's Kid
10-01-2013, 08:15 PM
It is such a proud moment to be an AFC fan...

Mr. Pink
10-01-2013, 08:33 PM
The AFC is Denver and everyone else.

The North is so laughably bad that even the Browns could win it.

BillsFever21
10-01-2013, 08:40 PM

Once the Bengals get their crap together they will eventually win the division. And to think this was one of the best divisions in the AFC a couple years ago and was expected to be tough this year.

Then you have the NFC East where all the of "experts" in the media claimed it was one of the hardest divisions in football. That worked out real well considering the entire division has 4 wins through a month into the season.

TacklingDummy
10-01-2013, 08:40 PM

So far the AFC looks like the better conference & both the Browns & Bills have a better record than those two teams
The Bengals, fins, and Pats won't be making the Super Bowl. As long as Manning is healthy, it's going to be Denver.

better days
10-01-2013, 11:30 PM

You are joking right? EVERY team in the AFC North could beat the vast majority of teams in the NFC.

But then you were one of those that said the NFC was MUCH BETTER than the AFC before the season started.

Now the NFC East, that is a laughably bad division.

better days
10-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Saying the Bills are better then the Packers and Falcons because they have one more victory after 4 weeks into the season is foolish.

I did not say that the Bills were better, I just pointed out they have a better record at this point.

And speaking of the NFC EAST, the Chargers WHIPPED up the Cowboys.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-01-2013, 11:40 PM
You are joking right? EVERY team in the AFC North could beat the vast majority of teams in the NFC.

The AFC North is already 2-3 vs the NFC North.

It is.

The Bengals, fins, and Pats won't be making the Super Bowl. As long as Manning is healthy, it's going to be Denver.

I have learned my lesson and I will never bet on Manning in the playoffs.

better days
10-01-2013, 11:54 PM
2 of the 3 losses belong to the Steelers. I would say the NFC North is stronger than the AFC North.

TigerJ
10-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Clearly, the AFC has matched up far better in interconference games than was expected before the season began.

gebobs
10-02-2013, 10:07 PM
OK, you make a good point. I just think the Packers and Falcons are still very good football teams and both are well coached.
I saw the Falcons get pwn'd by the Pats. If New england had even a half decent defense, they would have rolled them. The Falcons look awful. It's the same thing year in and year out for them. They play in a lousy division that make them look better than they are.

better days
10-02-2013, 10:12 PM
I saw the Falcons get pwn'd by the Pats. If New england had even a half decent defense, they would have rolled them. The Falcons look awful. It's the same thing year in and year out for them. They play in a lousy division that make them look better than they are.

It seems the NFC South has a different winner every year & we know what an advantage that is for a team (see the Pats*).

Winners of a Division have a better chance to get to the Super Bowl than Wild Card teams.

feldspar
10-02-2013, 10:54 PM
I'd still say that the NFC is at least as good as the AFC.

better days
10-02-2013, 10:58 PM
I'd still say that the NFC is at least as good as the AFC.

Well, the record so far says you are wrong.

malvado78
10-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Remember when we were 5-1 a couple years back and then took a gigantic crap. Some of that was injuries, but I think a lot was we weren't that good and teams figured us out.

Ok. First rule of being a Bills fan: Don't talk about the 5-1 start.
Man was that painful. I die a little inside every time it is mentioned.

The AFC North is already 2-3 vs the NFC North.

Don't bring statistics into this!!!

2 of the 3 losses belong to the Steelers. I would say the NFC North is stronger than the AFC North.

Quit trying to bring reason into this!!!

pmoon6
10-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Ok. First rule of being a Bills fan: Don't talk about the 5-1 startI apologize. I will retire and not mention the firing of Bill Polian, the driving out of Chuck Knox, the ass kissing of O.J Simpson.

Maybe not.

Mr. Pink
10-03-2013, 01:35 AM

But then you were one of those that said the NFC was MUCH BETTER than the AFC before the season started.

Pittsburgh is terrible. Baltimore is a shell of itself. Cincy is well...Cincy. And Cleveland is a one dimensional team with a journeyman at QB. The AFC North is the worst division in football.

feldspar
10-03-2013, 02:12 AM
I apologize. I will retire and not mention the firing of Bill Polian, the driving out of Chuck Knox, the ass kissing of O.J Simpson.

Whew! I'm really glad that you didn't mention any of those things.

better days
10-03-2013, 08:25 AM
Pittsburgh is terrible. Baltimore is a shell of itself. Cincy is well...Cincy. And Cleveland is a one dimensional team with a journeyman at QB. The AFC North is the worst division in football.

Pittsburg is the only team in that Division that is terrible.

In the NFC East, EVERY team is TERRIBLE.

The NFC West, the Cards & Rams are terrible.

The NFC South, the Bucs & Falcons are terrible.

Thief
10-03-2013, 08:38 AM
FACTS DON'T MATTER!

OpIv37
10-03-2013, 09:19 AM
When the Bills are this bad, I don't pay much attention to football outside of Buffalo cuz it doesn't matter- I really only pay attention when we are in a position to make the playoffs and I need to know what he competition is like and what the potential playoff scenarios are. So, that being said, I really don't have an opinion on which conf is better.

But, if the AFC is the stronger conf, that's a BAD thing. I'd rather have 12 games against the weaker conf and 4 against the stronger conf than vice versa.

Beebe's Kid
10-03-2013, 09:27 AM
When the Bills are this bad, I don't pay much attention to football outside of Buffalo cuz it doesn't matter- I really only pay attention when we are in a position to make the playoffs and I need to know what he competition is like and what the potential playoff scenarios are. So, that being said, I really don't have an opinion on which conf is better.

But, if the AFC is the stronger conf, that's a BAD thing. I'd rather have 12 games against the weaker conf and 4 against the stronger conf than vice versa.

But then you don't get to brag about being a fan of the better conference.

justasportsfan
10-03-2013, 09:31 AM
When the Bills are this bad, I don't pay much attention to football outside of Buffalo cuz it doesn't matter- I really only pay attention when we are in a position to make the playoffs and I need to know what he competition is like and what the potential playoff scenarios are.

For someone who doesn't pay attention outside of buffalo when the bills are this bad, you sure do claim to know a lot about the ravens . So if you are paying attention to the ravens does this mean the bills are in a position to make playoffs?

OpIv37
10-03-2013, 09:36 AM
I live in Baltimore- I know about the Ravens whether I want to or not.

better days
10-03-2013, 09:52 AM

Well, I agree Op, but that is the point. It looks like the AFC is the stronger Conference which means the Bills face some tough games including Cleveland tonight.

OpIv37
10-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Yeah Cleveland definitely isn't the pushover that I thought they'd be.

NFL Network got lucky. This game looked like a dud when the schedule came out, but both teams are holding their own so far.

pmoon6
10-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Yeah Cleveland definitely isn't the pushover that I thought they'd be.

NFL Network got lucky. This game looked like a dud when the schedule came out, but both teams are holding their own so far.Pffft. The NFL Network can spin a story out of a non existent body and turn it into the biggest murder in American history.

Typ0
10-03-2013, 11:27 AM
I am rooting for Denver and would like to see Manning win a SB in two different jersey's just to shut up the naysayers...the guy is just that good and winning SBs is not easy.

gebobs
10-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Jacksonville at Denver next week. Should be a record spread for the NFL. Looking to be about 28. The record is 24.

Beebe's Kid
10-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Jacksonville at Denver next week. Should be a record spread for the NFL. Looking to be about 28. The record is 24.
That is an interesting fact. Just curious...who was it, and did they cover?

better days

The very worst team against the very best team. Should be a blood bath.

Beebe's Kid
I mean it isn't as interesting of a FACT as the AFC being the BETTER conference, but I would like to know...

better days
10-03-2013, 11:51 AM
I mean it isn't as interesting of a FACT as the AFC being the BETTER conference, but I would like to know...

Now you are getting the hang of it.

Oaf
10-03-2013, 12:06 PM
sweet

Famous Amos
10-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Let's see the AFC has:

Denver
New England
Houston
KC (surprise)
Indy

NFC
Seattle
San Fran
Green Bay
Nawlins
Detroit
Chicago
Atlanta

I was gonna say that you forgot Miami but then I looked past their 3-1 record and saw that they are quite average. Tannehill has been sacked 18 times. Their leading rusher has less than 200 yards. They are certainly a pass heavy offense but they rank 26th in total yards against on defense. They give up and score an average of 22.8 points.

pmoon6
10-03-2013, 11:23 PM
I was gonna say that you forgot Miami but then I looked past their 3-1 record and saw that they are quite average. Tannehill has been sacked 18 times. Their leading rusher has less than 200 yards. They are certainly a pass heavy offense but they rank 26th in total yards against on defense. They give up and score an average of 22.8 points.Miami is like the 2008 or 2011 Bills. Smoke and mirrors.

better days
10-07-2013, 12:34 AM
And the AFC's DOMINATION over the NFC continues.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-07-2013, 01:12 AM
And the AFC's DOMINATION over the NFC continues.

? They went 2-2 this week with the rubber game tomorrow.