• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Per NFL N: Byrd Full Participant today.

No link was just on around the league.

Should he play?
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • mayotm
    • Jul 2003

Re: Per NFL N: Byrd Full Participant today.

BB.com is reporting the same thing.

Comment

• BLeonard
      BoB Sabermetrician
      • Jan 2003

So, after the Bills D gets 5 picks off of the Super Bowl MVP and are playing in a Thursday Night Primetime game, all of a sudden, Jairus' tootsies are ok, huh?

Piss on him. Put him on IR and tag him next season... Wouldn't want him to get hurt again or anything.

-Bill

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
        • Nov 2009

He missed 4 games. You guys act like he **** in the punch bowl at your wedding.

The Bills secondary gets better with him on the field. Hopefully it is true and he plays on Thursday.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Is he better than Seacy ?

Answer - Yes
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BLeonard
            BoB Sabermetrician
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid View Post
            He missed 4 games. You guys act like he **** in the punch bowl at your wedding.
            Bet he didn't miss cashing those 4 game checks, though... 4 games is 25% of the season...

Freddie, Spiller and Aaron Williams all were injured during last Sunday's game... All three continued to play... Many others are very likely not at 100% either, but have been out there since the first game and continue to go out. But, Jairus can't play, unless he's 100%, which coincidentally, seems to come when the Bills have a prime time game.

-Bill

Comment

• GvilleBills
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
              Bet he didn't miss cashing those 4 game checks, though... 4 games is 25% of the season...

Freddie, Spiller and Aaron Williams all were injured during last Sunday's game... All three continued to play... Many others are very likely not at 100% either, but have been out there since the first game and continue to go out. But, Jairus can't play, unless he's 100%, which coincidentally, seems to come when the Bills have a prime time game.

-Bill
              I told my buddy to not be surprised if he plays Thursday after the last game. Primetime and all...
              He joked back that he'll get 2 picks and a fumble recovery, then shut it down to cash in next year.

If we used our future-sight on this and not lotto numbers, I'll be pissed.
              Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

If Byrd comes back, cool...the Bills are a better team with him on the field.

Everything else is speculation that doesn't really matter. All that matters now is how he plays on Thursday Night Football.

He wants to showcase his talents on national television for big money next year. I hope the kid has the best game of his career so far and wish him luck.

Welcome back, JB! I wonder if this will move the point spread?

Comment

• JoeMama
                  Emotion Sickness
                  • Oct 2002

If Byrd plays -- and plays well -- I'll forget all about this contract ugliness in a hurry.

Maybe he HAS been gaming the system by playing possum. But I'd sooner see him play rather than start 4 backups in the secondary.
                  Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• jimmifli
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
                    Piss on him. Put him on IR
                    Lol. You're taking this awfully personally.

If you put him on IR and then he gets cleared to play, he can ask to be released from his contract. If you remember Troy Vincent did did this after the Bills prematurely IR'd him.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                      • Mar 2013

If Byrd plays, I think he and Jim Leonhard start at safety. That's one hell of a safety combo.

There's no way Jim Leonhard gets taken out of the lineup with the addition of JB.

Aaron Williams said he's going to play. I hope the Bills leave him at corner when Gilmore gets back.

Jim Leonhard has given Williams a second chance to be a cornerback in the NFL.

All that said...the Bills have some depth in their secondary now that Byrd is healthy and Gilmore should be back within the next 2 weeks.

Comment

• cookie G
                        • Mar 2003

Thank you for gracing us with your presence jairus...your asking price just went up to $12 million a year.

Maybe he just got tired of watching other players limp off the field..and then back on. And it finally got to him? nah.

The decision was made by his agent.

"Uh, Jairus, did you see the last game? You better get your ass back out there, before it looks like you aren't needed at all. With every interception, you're looking less and less indispensible. "

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                          • Aug 2004

His video here. I got it - part of your resume.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                            Thank you for gracing us with your presence jairus...your asking price just went up to $12 million a year.

Maybe he just got tired of watching other players limp off the field..and then back on. And it finally got to him? nah.

The decision was made by his agent.

"Uh, Jairus, did you see the last game? You better get your ass back out there, before it looks like you aren't needed at all. With every interception, you're looking less and less indispensible. "
                            If the NFL is a business as they say, you are absolutely right in your assessment.

Byrd was losing market value every time the Bills defense made a pick. They're doing too good without him.

If the Bills were 0-4 right now....

The NFL is a business.

Comment

• BLeonard
                              BoB Sabermetrician
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                              If you put him on IR and then he gets cleared to play, he can ask to be released from his contract. If you remember Troy Vincent did did this after the Bills prematurely IR'd him.
                              Since when has he not been cleared to play? He passed the team physical and, shortly afterward, was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis... The same plantar fasciitis that Byrd himself said he played with last season.

To the best of my knowledge, no doctor has said "Byrd can't play." All's I've heard is Byrd say "I need to be 100%" He's been cleared to play all along... Byrd has decided that he isn't going to play.

As far as asking to be released from his contract, sure, he can ask. The Bills can also say no.

Anyone who knows me and has read my posts knows that I don't defend the Bills too often... But, in this case:

Byrd was the one that decided to not sign his Franchise tag Tender until August 20th.
                              Byrd has been the one to decide that his plantar fasciitis has been too bad to play on.
                              Byrd has nobody to blame for the situation that he's in except himself (well, maybe his agent, too).

So, piss on him. If he is too hurt to play, put his ass on IR and free up the roster spot for someone who wants to play.

-Bill
                              Last edited by BLeonard; 10-01-2013, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X