PDA

View Full Version : Opening Night Game Thread Sabres @ Wings

ParanoidAndroid
10-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Let the youth experiment begin! Go Sabres!

ParanoidAndroid
10-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Foligno, Armia, and Zadarov are all out.

coastal
10-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Watch the shot totals and location of shots for an indication on how this season might go.

10+ shots from the slot is not a good sign.

ill be counting that.

another thing to keep an eye on is traffic in front of Miller.

last thing... Watch the breakout... this team was awful at this team skill.

coastal
10-02-2013, 06:40 PM
One last thing... Go Leafs!

Typ0
10-02-2013, 07:07 PM
So I did my duty...I got directv installed so I could watch the Sabres. now I find out I can't watch the game tonight. What is up with that??????

Dr. Lecter
10-02-2013, 07:15 PM
One last thing... Go Leafs!
Homo

Dr. Lecter
10-02-2013, 07:15 PM
So I did my duty...I got directv installed so I could watch the Sabres. now I find out I can't watch the game tonight. What is up with that??????

channel 220

Typ0
10-02-2013, 07:19 PM
yeah I had to upgrade my package! I didn't have DIY network which was the only one I wanted until now LOL....

Dr. Lecter
10-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Watch the shot totals and location of shots for an indication on how this season might go.

10+ shots from the slot is not a good sign.

ill be counting that.

another thing to keep an eye on is traffic in front of Miller.

last thing... Watch the breakout... this team was awful at this team skill.
The team was awful at a lot of things. It should be better with Pysyk, Risto and am in shape Myers

Crisis
10-02-2013, 07:22 PM
http://nlds140.cdnak.neulion.com/nlds/nhl/redwings/as/live/redwings_hd_3000.m3u8

VLC player link if anyone needs

Typ0
10-02-2013, 07:23 PM
That ****ing channel better come on soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meathead
10-02-2013, 07:34 PM
welp im feeling the suffering

coastal
10-02-2013, 07:36 PM
The unmasking hour

Typ0
10-02-2013, 07:38 PM
It came on ... already 2 nothing!!!!! LMAO.

coastal
10-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Obviously not a good start.

i counted 3 shots from the slot... 2 being goals.

terrible breakout.. not one clean team breakout. Would spend a whole practice working on just this... 2 hours worth.

traffic in front of Miller hectic until after 2nd goal and then things calmed down.

coastal
10-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Myers just got shredded by Milbury...

all completely warranted.

OpIv37
10-02-2013, 07:54 PM
It's on channel 220

coastal
10-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Wow... Grigerenko is weak on the puck.

OpIv37
10-02-2013, 08:30 PM
And here comes the shorty.... They came close three times already so they have to be able to smell it by now....

ParanoidAndroid
10-02-2013, 08:31 PM
The Rochester Amerks plus Miller and Vanek are completely outclassed.

coastal
10-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Another 4 shots from the slot... a couple of breakouts.

Risto needs more ice time. Myers needs a beating. Grigerenko isn't ready.

Meathead
10-02-2013, 08:44 PM
fuglicious

Typ0
10-02-2013, 08:45 PM
The Rochester Amerks plus Miller and Vanek are completely outclassed.

That's just what I was thinking too.

coastal
10-02-2013, 08:51 PM
2-1 Toronto

Bolland with his first goal as a Leaf. Lecavalier soft in the defensive zone... shocker.

Typ0
10-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Gotta like the work they did for that goal...wish it came a little earlier but that was cool.

Buffalo Thriller
10-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Youth experiment 1.0 is a failure.

JATMtheJATM
10-02-2013, 11:50 PM
losing 2-1 in detroit isnt a complete failure, considering last time they went into the JLA, they lost 5-0. myers looked better. not great, but better. risto looked good, i was pleased with him. didnt notice pysyk, so thats a good thing, and grigs looked... he needs some more time. girgs however, i really liked his game, and weber was a beast. things will be bumpy, but this team is going to be moving in the right direction.

Crisis
10-03-2013, 02:06 AM
I don't know what people are expecting from such a young team but I thought they were ok given the circumstances.

The PP is abysmal though

- - - Updated - - -

I have a feeling we're all going to have huge man crushes on Girgs. Guy has future captain and Buffalo hero written all over him

Crisis
10-03-2013, 02:07 AM
Oh and Leino and Stafford can **** off. I'm so sick of these two.

Crisis
10-03-2013, 02:10 AM
And can someone tell me what the hell 6 minutes of McCormick offers this team that Larsson doesnt?

coastal
10-03-2013, 07:00 AM
Take icetime from Myers and give it to Risto.

rbochan
10-03-2013, 07:27 AM
I heard Stafford is trying to sell his panties on eBay. Leino's are on amazon.

ParanoidAndroid
10-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Pysyk looked good playing with Erhoff. Ristolainen is going to be fine and should stay a Sabre. I still can't understand how Myers continues to look subpar from his rookie year. Tallinder is going to be a huge help this year. The current set of forwards is just not fun to watch. Hopefully this is the year that Stafford goes....I'm tired of watching him.

trapezeus
10-03-2013, 08:52 AM
they looked like a bunch of andreychuks out there. slow and hard to deal with the puck. How does darcy keep getting a pass for this nonsense

OpIv37
10-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Ehrhoff was brutal.

And the lack of offensive pressure was very disconcerting. They didn't even establish the zone until there were only about 10 min left in the game. And the complete inability to cross the blue line in the 6 on 5 situation was utterly disgusting.

Two days into the first season of having Detroit in our div and it already sucks.

PTI
10-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Not sure how this team is going to score. What set of games will Vanek get his 17 goals in 9 games and then hardly any when he is mugged?

GreedoII
10-03-2013, 10:26 AM
I almost don't want this team to win if it keeps that worthless turd Reiger here...

JATMtheJATM
10-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Pysyk looked good playing with Erhoff. Ristolainen is going to be fine and should stay a Sabre. I still can't understand how Myers continues to look subpar from his rookie year. Tallinder is going to be a huge help this year. The current set of forwards is just not fun to watch. Hopefully this is the year that Stafford goes....I'm tired of watching him.

the one thing i felt about myers is he looked quicker and he didnt make any serious critical mistakes like he did every game last year. he looked better, but this project of getting him back to form is a long one.

coastal
10-03-2013, 11:09 AM
the one thing i felt about myers is he looked quicker and he didnt make any serious critical mistakes like he did every game last year. he looked better, but this project of getting him back to form is a long one.don't understand why it had to be a long project.

Time for him to take his man pills and start playing defense like he owns the zone.

his problem is he doesn't do the little things... the little things in hockey take effort.

JATMtheJATM
10-03-2013, 11:40 AM
don't understand why it had to be a long project.

Time for him to take his man pills and start playing defense like he owns the zone.

his problem is he doesn't do the little things... the little things in hockey take effort.

myers has plenty of effort. his main problem was his positioning, and also his condition. his conditioning he worked on, and thats better. positioning also looked better. so he got those two glaring holes out of the way and he can start doing the little things. he also looks more physical. still not as physical as he can be, but a little more.

i also noticed they ran the 5 on 3 through him (so did the wings) and the wings never gave him a chance to get one on the net. but the fact that they ran it through him means they expect his shot to produce goals or rebounds and tips. another positive sign.

coastal
10-03-2013, 11:53 AM
myers has plenty of effort. his main problem was his positioning, and also his condition. his conditioning he worked on, and thats better. positioning also looked better. so he got those two glaring holes out of the way and he can start doing the little things. he also looks more physical. still not as physical as he can be, but a little more.

i also noticed they ran the 5 on 3 through him (so did the wings) and the wings never gave him a chance to get one on the net. but the fact that they ran it through him means they expect his shot to produce goals or rebounds and tips. another positive sign.
Expecting and producing... Two different things.

and hockey starts and end with all the little things and he doesn't do them

Either he's stupid or doesn't give enough effort to master the little things.

JATMtheJATM
10-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Expecting and producing... Two different things.

and hockey starts and end with all the little things and he doesn't do them

Either he's stupid or doesn't give enough effort to master the little things.

if you cant do the big things, you cant do the little things. myers couldnt do that big things last year. hes improved on that. the little things will come.

alot of sabres didnt do the little things last night. thats just how detroit plays.

OpIv37
10-03-2013, 12:48 PM
I'd be more willing to believe the "Detroit's just that good" stuff if these weren't the same exact problems the Sabres have had for years.

JATMtheJATM
10-03-2013, 12:52 PM
I'd be more willing to believe the "Detroit's just that good" stuff if these weren't the same exact problems the Sabres have had for years.

well, im not sure exactly what you expect here. its a young team (even younger friday with leino out) and we knew it was going to be a process. give it time. i promise youll see results down the road.

coastal
10-03-2013, 03:33 PM
if you cant do the big things, you cant do the little things. myers couldnt do that big things last year. hes improved on that. the little things will come.

alot of sabres didnt do the little things last night. thats just how detroit plays.
Myers has improved? I've watched one game and all I saw was his him doing circles, ****ing up power plays, failing to direct a breakout, and being weak on the puck.

JATMtheJATM
10-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Myers has improved? I've watched one game and all I saw was his him doing circles, ****ing up power plays, failing to direct a breakout, and being weak on the puck.

then you didnt watch him last year. the powerplay as a whole struggled, but im not sure how he ****ed them up.

OpIv37
10-03-2013, 05:35 PM

The PP wasn't Myers fault entirely. He had his part in it but the team as a whole was terrible.

Myers played better last night than he did over the last year and a half. I don't mean he was good- just less sucky.

JATMtheJATM
10-03-2013, 06:11 PM
The PP wasn't Myers fault entirely. He had his part in it but the team as a whole was terrible.

Myers played better last night than he did over the last year and a half. I don't mean he was good- just less sucky.

both teams had trouble controlling the puck well all night. puck bounced alot. one reason why the wings are getting a new arena.

coastal
10-03-2013, 09:25 PM

Myers played better last night than he did over the last year and a half. I don't mean he was good- just less sucky.i saw a lazy defensemen last night.

Thought Risto showed more to be honest...

OpIv37
10-03-2013, 09:27 PM
i saw a lazy defensemen last night.

He was lazy, but lazy can be fixed.

coastal
10-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Time will tell but he sucked last night.

JATMtheJATM
10-03-2013, 09:53 PM
i saw a lazy defensemen last night.

i definitely did not see lazy. i saw sloppy, but not lazy. the whole game was sloppy from both ends.

SkateZilla
10-03-2013, 10:46 PM
arent we like 0-12-something playing in detroit now?, 2-1 loss, no big deal.

Any win will be a celebration, not expecting anything more than that.

JATMtheJATM
10-03-2013, 11:40 PM
arent we like 0-12-something playing in detroit now?, 2-1 loss, no big deal.

Any win will be a celebration, not expecting anything more than that.

i remember they won in detroit in october of 06. i was at that game. last time they won in detroit. they beat detroit 6-2 in fall of 09.

JATMtheJATM
10-04-2013, 06:39 PM
good news: QCS says myers looks good tonight (i dont have a feed to watch the game)

Crisis
10-04-2013, 06:45 PM
good news: QCS says myers looks good tonight (i dont have a feed to watch the game)

he has. go to the other thread i started for a good vlc stream