PDA

View Full Version : Well that was 20 min of utter incompetence.

OpIv37
10-02-2013, 07:54 PM
The Sabres had a great PK. They did literally everything else wrong. No sustained offensive pressure, the best line was constantly hemmed in their own end, too many offensive chances and an inexcusably bad PP.

I didn't expect such a young team to go in and beat Detroit, but I expected them to show at least a modicum of competence. Welcome to 12-13 all over again, only this time we don't have the luxury of missing 34 games due to a work stoppage.

SabreEleven
10-02-2013, 07:54 PM
When Drew Stafford is on your top line, you are in trouble as a team.

ParanoidAndroid
10-02-2013, 08:33 PM
I wish he would go away.

DetDannyWilliams
10-03-2013, 11:36 AM
When Drew Stafford is on your top line, you are in trouble as a team.

Stafford will not be on the top line all season long, the #1 line is Vanek, Hodgson, Foligno. that was the line as it was in the preseason and it will be the number one line when Foligno returns from injury.

JATMtheJATM
10-03-2013, 11:42 AM
last time buffalo played in detroit, they lost 5-0. if not for a quarter inch right, vaneks shot clanks off the post and in, and its probably a 2-2 game after zems goal.

detroit was better, but thats detroit. thats the way detroit plays every game, every team. it wasnt so much a sign that buffalo is bad, its a sign that detroits good.

OpIv37
10-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Except Vanek shanks those opportunities all the time. So frustrating that our top player can't bury it in that situation...

To make matters worse, we only had three good offensive opportunities 5 on 5- Vanek's miss, the goal, and one more good one slightly after the goal. There was literally no pressure.

JATMtheJATM
10-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Except Vanek shanks those opportunities all the time. So frustrating that our top player can't bury it in that situation...

To make matters worse, we only had three good offensive opportunities 5 on 5- Vanek's miss, the goal, and one more good one slightly after the goal. There was literally no pressure.

howard was also very good. but miller was on, boy. he looked great. i wouldnt call hitting the post a shank. he needed to thread the needle to beat howard, and he pretty much did.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-03-2013, 06:18 PM
The Sabres had a great PK. They did literally everything else wrong. No sustained offensive pressure, the best line was constantly hemmed in their own end, too many offensive chances and an inexcusably bad PP.

I didn't expect such a young team to go in and beat Detroit, but I expected them to show at least a modicum of competence. Welcome to 12-13 all over again, only this time we don't have the luxury of missing 34 games due to a work stoppage.