• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

ESPN not liking the Bills this week.

Visit ESPN to view NFL Expert Picks for the current week and season

Only Marcus Allen of the 12 analysts likes Buffalo.

That being said not one analyst picked Buffalo last week.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: ESPN not liking the Bills this week.

Originally posted by The King View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

Only Marcus Allen of the 12 analysts likes Buffalo.

That being said not one analyst picked Buffalo last week.
    It's a road game. But Marcus Allen deserves listening to. I did watch CIN@CLE last week. As they say, it wasn't as close as the score indicated. Dalton was a disaster, and their OC Gruden was worse.

Looks to be snotty weather tonight...
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 10-03-2013, 11:41 AM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• xXSpIkes5IXx
      • Mar 2006

I'm pretty sure that's former Raiders DB Eric Allen, Not Marcus Allen...

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by xXSpIkes5IXx View Post
        I'm pretty sure that's former Raiders DB Eric Allen, Not Marcus Allen...
        You would be correct. Although in that tiny little square they look alike.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Thief
          • Sep 2009

For a minute there I didn't think ESPN realized there was a game tonight.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

I mean im not sure we'll win, but if this was 2 weeks ago we would have been an overwhelming favorite...Brian Hoyer is due for a return to earth, their D is what has been carrying them. Just funny how quickly media perception can change with a good win VS cincy and then a win vs a pretty poor Vikings team.

Comment

• JediMindPowers
              • Jan 2009

I hope its at least offensively fun to watch tonight.

Cleveland and the Bills play each other hard but the games are usually low-scoring and boring. Except for maybe that blizzard game.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

hopefully the browns will overlook the bills like the ravens did
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

I think we will win if we can score some points on their defense. It's not going to be a slug fest it's going to be a passing fest. That concerns me as I'm not sure EJ is ready for that yet but it will be a good experience for him...we are going to see another week of getting some turnovers Our defense will give up some yards because they are going to be passing all the time...the test will come if we can grab some of those and make something of them. I can't wait for tonights game!

Comment

• Jry44
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
                    I mean im not sure we'll win, but if this was 2 weeks ago we would have been an overwhelming favorite...Brian Hoyer is due for a return to earth, their D is what has been carrying them. Just funny how quickly media perception can change with a good win VS cincy and then a win vs a pretty poor Vikings team.
                    What cracks me up is how the media is putting the Browns on this pedestal for beating Cincy, but in the very next breath they are talking down on Cincy for losing to the Browns. Also too, before we beat Baltimore last week the media was saying that this years Ravens team was better than last years after they drubbed Houston. Now they are suddenly worse than Cleveland.

The league is just so wildly unpredictable with injuries and stuff that after 4 games, not a single soul knows how good or bad too many of these teams are just yet, besides the Jags and Broncos of course. The ego's of some of these "experts" are just too big for them to come out and admit it.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                      This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                      • Feb 2009

The Browns usually seem to have our number. We are hurting at RB and they have a good run D. I do not like our chances this week.
                      True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                        • Aug 2013

The Browns are the sexier team right now and that is what it usually is all about. Plus it's at home.

I mean, the Browns may have the advantage but that is pretty ridiculous to see them favored that much. It's not like we're chopped liver and they're fricken steak. I bet more people picked us to beat the Pats week 1. You'll notice that almost all of their picks are nearly unanimous. That's just groupthink attitude by guys who are taught not to think outside the box.

Either way, Bills +4.5 is a no brainer if you ask me. This game is going to be close and I'm going to have another 10000 heart attacks.
                        Last edited by BuffaloRedleg; 10-03-2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                          • Sep 2004

They have NO RUNNING GAME and Brian FREAKING HOYER at QB. We **should** win this game.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
                            They have NO RUNNING GAME and Brian FREAKING HOYER at QB. We **should** win this game.
                            It's not that simple. They just beat the Bengals who beat Green Bay.

They have a ridiculously good defense and a TE that can't be stopped. That is a recipe for disaster for a team that is historically terrible at stopping TEs and a rookie QB who relies on the running game.

This will not be a walk in the park no we shouldn't beat them. We should be competitive and it is anyone's game.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                              They just beat the Bengals who beat Green Bay.
                              I don't buy into anything like that. Playing a team who beat someone else that's good really makes no difference on the out come of tonight's game. We just beat the defending SuperBowl champs, who have the same record of those Bengals.

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                              This will not be a walk in the park no we shouldn't beat them. We should be competitive and it is anyone's game.
                              Yes, we should beat them. They have a great rushing D, and we have a great rushing O. Both in terms of current ranks. They can't cover TEs either. They have ZERO RUNNING GAME. NONE. Their secondary besides Hayden isn't that good either. They are the home team, so they have that.

I think top to bottom we are a better team, especially if McKelvin and Spiller play, and possibly even Byrd. Again, BRIAN HOYER! He won't even be starting anywhere next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X