PDA

View Full Version : ESPN not liking the Bills this week.

The King
10-03-2013, 11:30 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

Only Marcus Allen of the 12 analysts likes Buffalo.

That being said not one analyst picked Buffalo last week.

stuckincincy
10-03-2013, 11:39 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

Only Marcus Allen of the 12 analysts likes Buffalo.

That being said not one analyst picked Buffalo last week.

It's a road game. But Marcus Allen deserves listening to. I did watch CIN@CLE last week. As they say, it wasn't as close as the score indicated. Dalton was a disaster, and their OC Gruden was worse.

Looks to be snotty weather tonight...

xXSpIkes5IXx
10-03-2013, 11:40 AM
I'm pretty sure that's former Raiders DB Eric Allen, Not Marcus Allen...

The King
10-03-2013, 11:47 AM
I'm pretty sure that's former Raiders DB Eric Allen, Not Marcus Allen...
You would be correct. Although in that tiny little square they look alike.

Thief
10-03-2013, 11:51 AM
For a minute there I didn't think ESPN realized there was a game tonight.

Pinkerton Security
10-03-2013, 12:09 PM
I mean im not sure we'll win, but if this was 2 weeks ago we would have been an overwhelming favorite...Brian Hoyer is due for a return to earth, their D is what has been carrying them. Just funny how quickly media perception can change with a good win VS cincy and then a win vs a pretty poor Vikings team.

JediMindPowers
10-03-2013, 12:21 PM
I hope its at least offensively fun to watch tonight.

Cleveland and the Bills play each other hard but the games are usually low-scoring and boring. Except for maybe that blizzard game.

justasportsfan
10-03-2013, 12:27 PM
hopefully the browns will overlook the bills like the ravens did

Typ0
10-03-2013, 12:33 PM
I think we will win if we can score some points on their defense. It's not going to be a slug fest it's going to be a passing fest. That concerns me as I'm not sure EJ is ready for that yet but it will be a good experience for him...we are going to see another week of getting some turnovers Our defense will give up some yards because they are going to be passing all the time...the test will come if we can grab some of those and make something of them. I can't wait for tonights game!

Jry44
10-03-2013, 12:36 PM
I mean im not sure we'll win, but if this was 2 weeks ago we would have been an overwhelming favorite...Brian Hoyer is due for a return to earth, their D is what has been carrying them. Just funny how quickly media perception can change with a good win VS cincy and then a win vs a pretty poor Vikings team.

What cracks me up is how the media is putting the Browns on this pedestal for beating Cincy, but in the very next breath they are talking down on Cincy for losing to the Browns. Also too, before we beat Baltimore last week the media was saying that this years Ravens team was better than last years after they drubbed Houston. Now they are suddenly worse than Cleveland.

The league is just so wildly unpredictable with injuries and stuff that after 4 games, not a single soul knows how good or bad too many of these teams are just yet, besides the Jags and Broncos of course. The ego's of some of these "experts" are just too big for them to come out and admit it.

THRILLHO
10-03-2013, 12:44 PM
The Browns usually seem to have our number. We are hurting at RB and they have a good run D. I do not like our chances this week.

BuffaloRedleg
10-03-2013, 12:58 PM
The Browns are the sexier team right now and that is what it usually is all about. Plus it's at home.

I mean, the Browns may have the advantage but that is pretty ridiculous to see them favored that much. It's not like we're chopped liver and they're fricken steak. I bet more people picked us to beat the Pats week 1. You'll notice that almost all of their picks are nearly unanimous. That's just groupthink attitude by guys who are taught not to think outside the box.

Either way, Bills +4.5 is a no brainer if you ask me. This game is going to be close and I'm going to have another 10000 heart attacks.

Uncle Jesse
10-03-2013, 01:23 PM
They have NO RUNNING GAME and Brian FREAKING HOYER at QB. We **should** win this game.

BuffaloRedleg
10-03-2013, 01:42 PM
They have NO RUNNING GAME and Brian FREAKING HOYER at QB. We **should** win this game.

It's not that simple. They just beat the Bengals who beat Green Bay.

They have a ridiculously good defense and a TE that can't be stopped. That is a recipe for disaster for a team that is historically terrible at stopping TEs and a rookie QB who relies on the running game.

This will not be a walk in the park no we shouldn't beat them. We should be competitive and it is anyone's game.

Uncle Jesse
10-03-2013, 01:58 PM
They just beat the Bengals who beat Green Bay.

I don't buy into anything like that. Playing a team who beat someone else that's good really makes no difference on the out come of tonight's game. We just beat the defending SuperBowl champs, who have the same record of those Bengals.

This will not be a walk in the park no we shouldn't beat them. We should be competitive and it is anyone's game.

Yes, we should beat them. They have a great rushing D, and we have a great rushing O. Both in terms of current ranks. They can't cover TEs either. They have ZERO RUNNING GAME. NONE. Their secondary besides Hayden isn't that good either. They are the home team, so they have that.

I think top to bottom we are a better team, especially if McKelvin and Spiller play, and possibly even Byrd. Again, BRIAN HOYER! He won't even be starting anywhere next year.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-03-2013, 02:02 PM
I see a team in the same boat as us. The lone prime time game of the year. A bunch of young dudes vying for exposure. Believe me they will bring it.

It reminded me the past 13 years what the Bills went thru for these primetime games. No matter who they play, it was never one sided, especially at home. It took some much more talented teams everything to the last seconds to break our hearts.

So now if you put yourself in the Browns shoes, you may see what all the people outside of Buffalo see. Is the Bills have that much talent or established than the Browns. Hell no. I don't think it is far fetched that Hoyer, AT THIS TIME, is better than Manuel simply because he's been in the league for 5 years and has played behind Brady etc. Manuel clearly has more upside but we are talking about right now, tonight!

Hoyer reminds me of the Fitz story (before he got that big contract). A feel good story. It'll take some time for the defensive coordinators to figure out an effective strategy. Unfortunately we only have two games tape on him and it's a short week for Pettine and staff. I remind everyone that the Bills played Brady, Newton, Flacco who Pettine, as the Jets D-coordinator, has seen many times and probably has a book on each of them. He did not see Geno Smith until two weeks ago and this will be the first time he sees Hoyer.

I consider it a sizable upset if the Bills beat the Browns tonight.

Pinkerton Security
10-03-2013, 02:04 PM
I see a team in the same boat as us. The lone prime time game of the year. A bunch of young dudes vying for exposure. Believe me they will bring it.

It reminded me the past 13 years what the Bills went thru for these primetime games. No matter who they play, it was never one sided, especially at home. It took some much more talented teams everything to the last seconds to break our hearts.

So now if you put yourself in the Browns shoes, you may see what all the people outside of Buffalo see. Is the Bills have that much talent or established than the Browns. Hell no. I don't think it is far fetched that Hoyer, AT THIS TIME, is better than Manuel simply because he's been in the league for 5 years and has played behind Brady etc. Manuel clearly has more upside but we are talking about right now, tonight!

Hoyer reminds me of the Fitz story (before he got that big contract). A feel good story. It'll take some time for the defensive coordinators to figure out an effective strategy. Unfortunately we only have two games tape on him and it's a short week for Pettine and staff. I remind everyone that the Bills played Brady, Newton, Flacco who Pettine, as the Jets D-coordinator, has seen many times and probably has a book on each of them. He did not see Geno Smith until two weeks ago and this will be the first time he sees Hoyer.

I consider it a sizable upset if the Bills beat the Browns tonight.

I can guess what Pettine's strategy is going to be - pressure the hell out of Hoyer and make him make quick decisions with the football.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-03-2013, 02:19 PM
I can guess what Pettine's strategy is going to be - pressure the hell out of Hoyer and make him make quick decisions with the football.

Well look at Fitz example while he was at Buffalo. Blitz didn't beat Fitz (he actually thrived on making quick decisions). Flood the short zone does it, but it took some time for people to figure that out.

I know Hoyer has a lot of warts; otherwise he would be starting somewhere long time ago. But like Fitz, he bounced around the league for 5 years so he has something many offensive coordinators like. My theory is that these kind of guys may succeed under certain scenarios (a particular offensive scheme, some talented WR that they have a strong bond etc.). But sooner or later people figure out a way to force they use their short comings. I just don't know it is tonight.

BuffaloRedleg
10-03-2013, 02:31 PM
I don't buy into anything like that. Playing a team who beat someone else that's good really makes no difference on the out come of tonight's game. We just beat the defending SuperBowl champs, who have the same record of those Bengals.

Yes, we should beat them. They have a great rushing D, and we have a great rushing O. Both in terms of current ranks. They can't cover TEs either. They have ZERO RUNNING GAME. NONE. Their secondary besides Hayden isn't that good either. They are the home team, so they have that.

I think top to bottom we are a better team, especially if McKelvin and Spiller play, and possibly even Byrd. Again, BRIAN HOYER! He won't even be starting anywhere next year.

All I'm saying is that they were good enough to beat the Bengals, who are a pretty damn good team. Better than anyone we have beat.

I would just be carefull talking about who we "should" beat. We "should" have beat the Jets and "shouldn't" have beat the Ravens.

I also would not discount Hoyer because he is a no-name. No-names come out of the woodwork every year, who knows maybe we are looking at the next Kurt Warner?

I'm not going to lose my mind if we lose this one close. I give the Browns a lot of credit for being where they are, they earned the respect they are being given and I think you should give it to them too. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what we think, I just hope the Bills are giving them respect and not considering this a game they "should" win.

MikeInRoch
10-03-2013, 03:47 PM
A lot of fans are thinking we have a better than 50/50 of winning this game. They are wrong. It's more like 45/55 or even 40/60.

The King
10-03-2013, 03:51 PM
The Browns are not sneaking up on us. They're a tough team, but this is a winnable game. In the past we dropped these types of games all the time. Big win, humbling loss. And the Bills have been awful in Primetime.

This is a huge statement game.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Anything can happen on Thursday night games. Short weeks breed ugly football. With both our key backs hurting and the Cleveland crowd rocking at home, I think they get the benefit of the uncertainty.

trapezeus
10-03-2013, 05:07 PM
luckily hoyer already looked hot...so if he beats the bills, we don't look like fools.

However, its a road game and a prime time game. None of these are buffalo's strengths. if you are betting or required to give a decision from your head, you have to go, "browns."

As a fan, you got to go buffalo.