PDA

View Full Version : Odd predictions: Week 5

The King
10-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Make one odd prediction about tonights matchup with Cleveland. If anyone hits on one, I'll give you 25,000 ZB's!

I say EJ scores his first rushing TD tonight.

SquishDaFish
10-03-2013, 04:31 PM
EJ will throw for over 300 Yards

Meathead
10-03-2013, 04:33 PM
nobody in the entire dawgpound vomits

justasportsfan
10-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Graham gets hid first TD

GvilleBills
10-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Defensive/ST touchdown

Famous Amos
10-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Lee Smith scores a TD somehow.

SpikedLemonade
10-03-2013, 04:46 PM
There will be a Safety scored.

YardRat
10-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Jeff Tuel gets a at least one snap at QB.

Mike
10-03-2013, 04:52 PM
What constitutes an odd prediction?

BuffaloRedleg
10-03-2013, 04:55 PM
What constitutes an odd prediction?

The Bills find a way to win and the whiners around here don't find a way to complain about it.

sam5767
10-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Bills call a screen pass...

Mike
10-03-2013, 05:02 PM
The Bills find a way to win and the whiners around here don't find a way to complain about it.

It's not about wining or losing but rather how you win/lose. The current 4-0 Broncos are miles ahead of the 5-1 Bills of a few years back. It's how we are wining and how good of a team the Bills are that will dictate if they win a Championship.

imbondz
10-03-2013, 05:11 PM
the winner wins by 11.

imbondz
10-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Cleveland recovers an onside kick. :blowup:

- - - Updated - - -

Bills special teams score 2 tds

imbondz
10-03-2013, 05:15 PM
1 player gets carted off the field with life threatening injuries.

- - - Updated - - -

one of the cameras over the field falls and breaks

Buffalo Thriller
10-03-2013, 05:16 PM
CJ Spiller has a 45 yd or longer TD

BuffaloRedleg
10-03-2013, 05:17 PM
It's not about wining or losing but rather how you win/lose. The current 4-0 Broncos are miles ahead of the 5-1 Bills of a few years back. It's how we are wining and how good of a team the Bills are that will dictate if they win a Championship.

That is completely false. If the Bills had kept winning, they would have been 15-1. Even if they were all terrible wins. It wouldn't have mattered how they were 15-1, it would only have mattered that they were 15-1.

It doesn't matter how you win or lose if you win. If you win, it's all just speculation about what could have happened and what may happen in the future. If you lose, then you have something tangible to talk about.

Some call it "finding a way to win" others call it "almost losing". Guess what, they both mean the same thing when you take a step back.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Mike Mayock brags about his own draft preview of EJ Manuel at least twice.

BillsFever21
10-03-2013, 05:35 PM
That is completely false. If the Bills had kept winning, they would have been 15-1. Even if they were all terrible wins. It wouldn't have mattered how they were 15-1, it would only have mattered that they were 15-1.

It doesn't matter how you win or lose if you win. If you win, it's all just speculation about what could have happened and what may happen in the future. If you lose, then you have something tangible to talk about.

Some call it "finding a way to win" others call it "almost losing". Guess what, they both mean the same thing when you take a step back.

But they didn't keep on winning and only had one more win the rest of the season. They were 5-1 but it took winning close games out of the norm to get to that record. It was unsustainable to continue to keep winning games by teams turning the ball over a lot or keep getting some lucky bounces. Eventually when things evened out we weren't going to win games unless we improved our overall play. Once things settled down to normal football then we got our asses handed to us the rest of the season.

Even when we were 5-1 my prediction was we wouldn't win more then 7 games unless we started playing better and not relying on a bunch of turnovers or other stuff that couldn't continue. Most were saying we were a great team and obviously a lock for the playoffs because we must have been a great team if we were 5-1.

Every season there is at least one team that gets off to a good start and everyone thinks they are good. Teams will have good and bad stretches and some just have them early on before the rest of the league catches up with them. Whether it's catching teams at the right time, easy schedule or winning games that wasn't sustainable you see it almost every season. That's who we were that year and once the lucky bounces ran out them 3-7 point wins went to 10+ point losses for the rest of the season.

Buffalogic
10-03-2013, 05:35 PM
The lamented Rogers gets a pick.

BillsFever21
10-03-2013, 05:37 PM
McGahee scores a TD against his former team.

The King
10-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Not all that odd since he's there only back, but I'll let it fly.

THRILLHO
10-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Buffalo beats the Browns in prime time.

Buffalo wins a prime time game.

BillsFever21
10-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Not all that odd since he's there only back, but I'll let it fly.

It's hard to define an odd prediction unless it's some weird stuff that doesn't happen often or a player does something that rarely plays.

Mr. Pink
10-03-2013, 06:08 PM
A Travis Benjamin fumbled punt return leads to the Bills first points...likely a FG.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Marcus Easley gets snaps at WR

ZAZusmc03
10-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Woods w 2 TDs. If that's not good enough, Choice gets a TD

BLeonard
10-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Odd prediction...?

My prediction is, tonight's Referee will be wearing a number consisting of only ODD numbers.

-Bill

Novacane
10-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Bills shut out the Browns

BuffaloRedleg
10-03-2013, 06:28 PM
But they didn't keep on winning and only had one more win the rest of the season. They were 5-1 but it took winning close games out of the norm to get to that record. It was unsustainable to continue to keep winning games by teams turning the ball over a lot or keep getting some lucky bounces. Eventually when things evened out we weren't going to win games unless we improved our overall play. Once things settled down to normal football then we got our asses handed to us the rest of the season.

Even when we were 5-1 my prediction was we wouldn't win more then 7 games unless we started playing better and not relying on a bunch of turnovers or other stuff that couldn't continue. Most were saying we were a great team and obviously a lock for the playoffs because we must have been a great team if we were 5-1.

Every season there is at least one team that gets off to a good start and everyone thinks they are good. Teams will have good and bad stretches and some just have them early on before the rest of the league catches up with them. Whether it's catching teams at the right time, easy schedule or winning games that wasn't sustainable you see it almost every season. That's who we were that year and once the lucky bounces ran out them 3-7 point wins went to 10+ point losses for the rest of the season.

You are still missing the point.

If you win, it is all speculation. "This may haunt us in the future" "We can't continue to do this" okay fine that's all fine and dandy. Teams make a living off turnovers and taking advantage of other teams mistakes. It's a game of inches with incredible parity, that's just the way the game is played.

If you lose, it already happened. It's not "This may haunt us" it's "this ruined us already and I have proof."

You have to stop looking it through the lens of the Buffalo Bills who always end up gravitating towards sucking by the end of the season. Plenty of teams sustain themselves on forcing turnovers and taking advantage of other teams mistakes all year.

Bottom line, sure you can find issues in a team that's winning. I can find issues in every single team in this league not named the Broncos. But guess what? The Patriots are winning ballgames, so they must be doing more right than wrong. Same with the Chiefs. That's just the nature of the sport. If you are looking for negative things in your team so you don't get your hopes up too high, then you will always find them. Especially with the Bills. I think we can be a little smarter than that and look at the big picture.

You may feel smart every single year when you say "I knew the Bills were going to eventually suck I totally called it" but you aren't smart. Telling people the sun is going to rise tomorrow and turning out to be right doesn't make you smart. It makes you boring and not very fun to talk to or hang out with.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Barkevious Mingo ****s his pants and no one can tell.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Weeden is caught licking Mingo's stain in the locker room.

Buffalo Thriller
10-03-2013, 09:11 PM
I'll take my zone bucks now.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-03-2013, 09:12 PM
I thought of your guess as it happened....

BLeonard
10-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Odd prediction...?

My prediction is, tonight's Referee will be wearing a number consisting of only ODD numbers.

-Bill

Tonight's Referee: Pete Morelli: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Morelli

-Bill

YardRat
10-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Jeff Tuel gets a at least one snap at QB.

CJ Spiller has a 45 yd or longer TD

Odd prediction...?

-Bill

A few winners so far...

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Barkevious Mingo ****s his pants and no one can tell.

This ones a winner too.

Novacane
10-03-2013, 10:06 PM
So it's your fault. Thanks a lot yardrat

Mike
10-03-2013, 10:28 PM
You are still missing the point.

If you win, it is all speculation. "This may haunt us in the future" "We can't continue to do this" okay fine that's all fine and dandy. Teams make a living off turnovers and taking advantage of other teams mistakes. It's a game of inches with incredible parity, that's just the way the game is played.

If you lose, it already happened. It's not "This may haunt us" it's "this ruined us already and I have proof."

You have to stop looking it through the lens of the Buffalo Bills who always end up gravitating towards sucking by the end of the season. Plenty of teams sustain themselves on forcing turnovers and taking advantage of other teams mistakes all year.

Bottom line, sure you can find issues in a team that's winning. I can find issues in every single team in this league not named the Broncos. But guess what? The Patriots are winning ballgames, so they must be doing more right than wrong. Same with the Chiefs. That's just the nature of the sport. If you are looking for negative things in your team so you don't get your hopes up too high, then you will always find them. Especially with the Bills. I think we can be a little smarter than that and look at the big picture.

You may feel smart every single year when you say "I knew the Bills were going to eventually suck I totally called it" but you aren't smart. Telling people the sun is going to rise tomorrow and turning out to be right doesn't make you smart. It makes you boring and not very fun to talk to or hang out with.

I see what your saying....
You don't see any difference between Denver & KC
Manning & Alex Smith
Denver WR & KC WR
Denver Defense & KC defense

You would take either team in a bet because they are equal... Lol

You can have your KC and wonder why Denver or some other team won the SB. Subtleties -which you are Not Aware of- are the difference between good & great teams.

By the way they play 2x this season why not bet me on both games. I'll take Denver you can have KC for all you're zone bucks or whatever zone bucks you can borrow.

Meathead
10-04-2013, 12:30 AM
hey they showed the pound a lot and i didnt see anybody vomit

YardRat
10-04-2013, 06:01 AM
I don't think Bill's counts, considering they announce the crew well before the game.

sam5767
10-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Make one odd prediction about tonights matchup with Cleveland. If anyone hits on one, I'll give you 25,000 ZB's!

I say EJ scores his first rushing TD tonight.

I hit one......they threw a screen pass to Freddie....first one all year I think...SMH....lol

The King
10-04-2013, 06:57 AM
Wow. Next week I'll have to do this for 10K, you guys cost me a small fortune.

sam5767
10-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Wow. Next week I'll have to do this for 10K, you guys cost me a small fortune.

The Bills do a lot of odd things....LOL.