PDA

View Full Version : This loss is all on EJ

DesertFox24
10-03-2013, 10:50 PM
EJ was having a great game and had to be a selfish idiot and take an unnecessary hit on his knee. After what happened to hoyer you would think he would be more cognoscente of getting hurt. This was not the Super Bowl not 2 mins left he had the darn first down. Totally selfish and cost the game and probably cost any chance of winning 8 games. Hopefully it is not serious and he wi not miss a game and learns how important it is to be on the darn field. Brady never takes an unnecessary hit and plays all game.

I am so mad because we would have won this game had he not got hurt.

I will say I am a fan of EJ and not a hater just mad because he cost the game because Tuel could not covert a third down to save his life and tired Te defense out and gave them great field position

Buffalo Thriller
10-03-2013, 10:51 PM
It was selfish to try and get a 1st down? EJ has his issues mechanically but Jesus.

Novacane
10-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Selfish idiot? Really?

BLeonard
10-03-2013, 10:53 PM
EJ didn't give up 180 yards on punt returns.

/thread

-Bill

naugem
10-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Forget about what happened to Hoyer, he should have learned to try to avoid hits after he got hurt in preseason.
And I would just leave it at 'idiot'. Hopefully he will learn this time.

OpIv37
10-03-2013, 10:55 PM
stupid, stupid play by EJ. He already had the first down. Just step out.

I think we would have won this game if he had stayed healthy.

tampabay25690
10-03-2013, 10:55 PM
EJ was having a great game and had to be a selfish idiot and take an unnecessary hit on his knee. After what happened to hoyer you would think he would be more cognoscente of getting hurt. This was not the Super Bowl not 2 mins left he had the darn first down. Totally selfish and cost the game and probably cost any chance of winning 8 games. Hopefully it is not serious and he wi not miss a game and learns how important it is to be on the darn field. Brady never takes an unnecessary hit and plays all game.

I am so mad because we would have won this game had he not got hurt.

I will say I am a fan of EJ and not a hater just mad because he cost the game because Tuel could not covert a third down to save his life and tired Te defense out and gave them great field position

Wow stupid post!!!!!
I see a new idiot

Thief
10-03-2013, 10:56 PM
He already had the first down n shoulda went out of bounds.

imbondz
10-03-2013, 10:56 PM
were QBs getting hurt back in the 80's and 90's like they do today? I don't remember it as much. Either players today are more wussy, or steroids are playing a major role in people getting injured more. faster and stronger hits that our body can't take

DesertFox24
10-03-2013, 10:57 PM
As I and Op said he had the first step out and avoid the hit it was an unnecessary hit and he got hurt. Luckily it appears to be sprained knee so hopefully he will be full go for cincy or we are in big trouble.

Novacane
10-03-2013, 10:57 PM
It was a dumb decision but it had nothing to do with being selfish.

DesertFox24
10-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Wow stupid post!!!!!
I see a new idiot

How so he was playing well. He had the first could have slid or stepped out. Instead he goes for an extra yard or two and sprains his knee and cost us the game.

DesertFox24
10-03-2013, 11:00 PM
It was a dumb decision but it had nothing to do with being selfish.

Agree selfish wrong word I am just so mad because we lost because he got hurt for not stepping. Out of bounds. This is the problem with runners they get hurt he needs to be smart and slide that was not his first big shot either

pmoon6
10-03-2013, 11:01 PM
More proof that Bills' Fans are morons.

Novacane
10-03-2013, 11:02 PM

Just passionate man. We're sick of losing.

DesertFox24
10-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Ok so we are winning the game sustaining drives for first time all year. Ej gets hurt Tuel comes in and back to 3 and outs, so somehow EJ did not cost is the game. If he wants to be great he has to learn how important he is and needs to stay healthy and not take hits.

mjt328
10-03-2013, 11:09 PM
How about the coaches/management for continuing to try their luck with an UDFA Rookie as backup.

They should have been on the phone with some FAs the very second that Kolb got sacked by the wet mat in training camp - and at the very least when Manuel got hurt in the preseason. They got LUCKY and got away with one when Manuel came back for the Patriots. The idea of starting Jeff Tuel should have scared them into keeping Leinart or Lewis on the 53-man roster. But nope.

Owen DeBoard
10-03-2013, 11:13 PM
He was actually playing good against a very good Cleveland D too. This team looks to be very promising for the future they are getting better. Had a few mistakes in special teams but they are improving cant wait till they can field a healthy team.

pmoon6
10-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Just passionate man. We're sick of losing.HaHaHa. So you are going to blame a rookie QB because he got hurt? Even if he does step out two yards early that doesn't mean he still wouldn't have gotten hit out of bounds. The Browns DB already started his run and he launched himself low. I mean maybe he could have stopped himself in midflight, but that goes against the laws of physics, Captain.

80% of Buffalo Bills' Fans....Butt hurt crybabies.

dreamwalker
10-03-2013, 11:19 PM
were QBs getting hurt back in the 80's and 90's like they do today? I don't remember it as much. Either players today are more wussy, or steroids are playing a major role in people getting injured more. faster and stronger hits that our body can't take

Or the much simpler explaination, they were running with the ball a lot less

Beebe's Kid
10-03-2013, 11:21 PM
That's right, sarge.

This might be the worst thread ever.

Now people blame EJ for getting hurt? This is the end of empathy.

DesertFox24
10-03-2013, 11:29 PM
That's right, sarge.

This might be the worst thread ever.

Now people blame EJ for getting hurt? This is the end of empathy.

look I am an ej fan but he easily could have stepped out after the first down and not taken a hit. as a result of his unnecessary hit he got hurt and Tuel came in and could not do a darn thing. Partly because ej rightly so gets all the reps. As a result we just kept gettig three and outs and def caved in with the bad field position.

Call a spade a spade. I don't want a Vick who always gets hurt I want a Brady Peyton who play every game all game unless they are blowing a team out.

pmoon6
10-03-2013, 11:33 PM
look I am an ej fan but he easily could have stepped out after the first down and not taken a hit. as a result of his unnecessary hit he got hurt and Tuel came in and could not do a darn thing. Partly because ej rightly so gets all the reps. As a result we just kept gettig three and outs and def caved in with the bad field position.

Call a spade a spade. I don't want a Vick who always gets hurt I want a Brady Peyton who play every game all game unless they are blowing a team out.Maybe it's something in the water in WNY. Even when some move away, they remain brain damaged.

DesertFox24
10-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Maybe it's something in the water in WNY. Even when some move away, they remain brain damaged.

Well I never lived in lovely WNY and I call it like I see it. Ej needs to learn his importance and that we need him 16 games for 60 mins a game. He needs to learn to not take stupid hits and that punting is ok.

We we actually have. Defense And are not playing with 2 starters and mckelvin is hurt as well playing a good safety at corner and our third fourth corner is hurt.

We dominated that game until he got hurt. Hopefully he learns it is not like we were going to the playoffs but 8-8 would have been great that is gone now. Four straight losses are going to kill this team.

paladin warrior
10-04-2013, 02:13 AM
That was a cheap shot

kishoph
10-04-2013, 05:53 AM
That was a cheap shot

I don't it was a cheap shot, EJ's a big kid and a corner is going to go low to bring him down. In Manuel's defense, he's running at the 15 yd. line, he was looking at the endzone and not thinking about being safe. A lot of the "running QB's" have a problem with wanting to go down, I would guess that's part of the reason that they are successful running the ball, they are not thinking about sliding and avoiding hits. The injuries this team is suffering from is crazy.

RedEyE
10-04-2013, 06:14 AM
This is just what young QBs do. Manuel should have enough sense to slide and I could see this coming all season as its not the first time he failed to do so. And I blame the coaching staff for not harping on him about it. This is one of several reasons that I believe Hackett is in over his head at QB coach. He barely has enough skill level to be coaching the offense let alone doing that and coaching the QBs.

They need to bring in a quality QB coach.

DraftBoy
10-04-2013, 06:49 AM
Ok we can't be down on EJ last week for sliding a yard short on 3rd down and then call him an idiot this week for trying to make a play. There was nothing selfish about it, he tried to get extra yards and took a shot in his knee. It happens.

OpIv37
10-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Combination of
1. Stronger, faster defenders (probably partially due to steroids)
2. QB's running with the ball more
3. QB's trying to fight for extra yards instead of sliding

OpIv37
10-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Ok we can't be down on EJ last week for sliding a yard short on 3rd down and then call him an idiot this week for trying to make a play. There was nothing selfish about it, he tried to get extra yards and took a shot in his knee. It happens.

HUGE difference: he refused to fight for the extra yard last week when he DIDNT have the first down. He fought for extra yardage when he DID have the first down. Had he been fighting for the first down, I wouldn't be nearly so hard on him.

mayotm
10-04-2013, 08:15 AM
EJ needs to learn from that play. There was no reason to take that hit.

Typ0
10-04-2013, 08:44 AM
I'd say his risk when running is pretty consistently uncalled for. The guy is not going to last if he keeps doing what he's doing.

DesertFox24
10-04-2013, 09:45 AM

Op hit the nail on the head he needs to be aware of the first down marker. He got the first down easily now get down or get out yards before contact.

We need him for 16 games and being as big as he is guys are going to have to go low to take him down, not cheap shots it is just what you have to do.

That being said it is not a serious injury per early reports and he is a smart guy so hopefully losing the game this way might be the learning lesson for him. I know he cares about winning and is not a me first guy, selfish was the wrong word. I was very mad because I knew as soon as Tuel came in it was game over. Tuel has not had time to throw to the WRs so has no timing with them, if I knew that the browns knew that and were going to put 9 in the box to force 3rd and longs, which means we punt and the browns get great field position. It was only a matter of time before they broke down and the browns got the points they needed to win.

Bottom line is EJ needs to learn his importance to the team and that he CANNOT take shots that can be avoided. Heck Tom Brady will fall to the ground if he senses an unavoidable sack is coming to avoid the hit.

EJ has done a good job of avoiding the big hit in the pocket so credit to him for that, but when he scrambles get as much as he can and do not take a hit.

DraftBoy
10-04-2013, 10:39 AM
HUGE difference: he refused to fight for the extra yard last week when he DIDNT have the first down. He fought for extra yardage when he DID have the first down. Had he been fighting for the first down, I wouldn't be nearly so hard on him.

Semantic based argument. Either you want him to fight for the extra yardage or you don't.

DesertFox24
10-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Semantic based argument. Either you want him to fight for the extra yardage or you don't.

I want our QB to be smart and not take unneccsary hits.

OpIv37
10-04-2013, 12:12 PM

Semantic my ass. Not every situation is the same. Sometimes you need to fight and sometimes you don't.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-04-2013, 12:16 PM

Not every yard is made equal. Fighting for the extra yard when it gets you a first down or a TD is a wholly different situation than the difference between a 16 and 17 yard gain.

And besides, with the refs these days if he steps out and gets popped - 15 extra yards.

Buffalogic
10-04-2013, 12:30 PM
He had nothing to gain by taking that hit. Yeah, he's big but come on. Just preserve yourself at the end of your first down run.

BillsFever21
10-04-2013, 04:55 PM
It wasn't his fault he got injured but he could've been smarter about not taking the hit. He already had the first down and when he saw the defender coming to hit him that's when he should've went out of bounds. It would've been different if he had blockers or an open field.

JoeMama
10-04-2013, 07:26 PM

lels...

You love riling up the rubes.

You should get a job in the Bills PR department filing fan complaints directly into the toilet.

Mace
10-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Semantic my ass. Not every situation is the same. Sometimes you need to fight and sometimes you don't.

I don't think Jim Kelly ever got that memo. I used to wet myself when he'd throw an INT, lower his throwing shoulder and mash someone like a linebacker. Or get stuck running when he was older and forget he wasn't a fullback to lower his head and plow.

Kelly was Kelly and how I miss him because he never knew sometimes you don't need to fight. And he's a legend here.

Blaming Manuel for getting injured while fighting for inches in a town where people are used to fighting for inches of anything is just ridiculous. Manuel was trying to lower himself, he meant to plow the dude.

It was only an extra couple yards ! And Manuel meant to damn well get them. I don't know if he's going to be any good, but that was the kind of intent I want to see in a QB I can believe in.

Sometimes you need to fight and sometimes you don't ! Nonsense. Close game, you fight. If you intend to win it I mean. If you want to play smart and delicate you do the Trent Edwards 2 yard pass and "please don't hurt me guys" so everyone will be in a happy mood next play when the woeful punter you have can shank it. Huge diff between playing to win and playing not to lose.

I'm sick of Buffalo teams playing not to lose. He got hurt, it's a contact sport, it happens. I'd rather Manuel hungers for 3 more yards than runs out a yard short.

ParanoidAndroid
10-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Sooo.... can't let it go. *cognizant

IlluminatusUIUC
10-05-2013, 01:59 PM
I'm sick of Buffalo teams playing not to lose. He got hurt, it's a contact sport, it happens. I'd rather Manuel hungers for 3 more yards than runs out a yard short.

Those are not the only two options. I want my QB to fight for important yards but not take a blasting to the knees for unimportant ones.

Mace
10-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Those are not the only two options. I want my QB to fight for important yards but not take a blasting to the knees for unimportant ones.

Well sure, but on any given play you can get a blasting to the knees and it wasn't like he was hotdogging at garbage time. He's still a raw rookie learning the diff from the college game. RG3 (and by no means am I saying Manuel is RG3 at this point) was pretty much the poster child for "raw rookie learning the diff from the college game". It's silly to blame the guy for getting hurt fighting for yards in a close game after years of aggravation with Edwards for doing the opposite.

He's got to learn what he can or cannot get away with, and if he is excessively damaged in the process, he's not going to get us far anyway. (that sounds colder than it is, but nowadays it is unfortunately part of the equation).

pmoon6
10-06-2013, 07:27 AM
Hmmm. I wonder what the majority opinion would be if he went down in the backfield to avoid a big hit on a sack?