Lets Face Facts: Marrone Can't Coach Period.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediMindPowers
    • Jan 2009

Lets Face Facts: Marrone Can't Coach Period.

This loss totally belongs on Marrone. This dude can not coach during the game.

Guys, you have to look at this as honest as you can. Marrone should not be an NFL head coach. He calls the wrong plays, never sticks to what is working, challenges plays that should not be challenged and throws a red flag on plays that can't be reviewed.

Did I mention he also thinks Jeff Tuel is a backup quarterback. Its true.

Tuel may be one of the worst 3rd stringers in the league and yet he is our number two? Thats on the head coach, not on Jeff Tuel.

Lets be hypothetical and dream of a world based on merit. In that world Pettine is the head coach, not Marrone.

He is terrible guys and totally over matched.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Lets Face Facts: Marrone Can't Coach Period.

Pass interference and fumble recovery away from 0-5.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JediMindPowers View Post

Guys, you have to look at this as honest as you can. Marrone should not be an NFL head coach. He calls the wrong plays, never sticks to what is working, challenges plays that should not be challenged and throws a red flag on plays that can't be reviewed.

Tuel may be one of the worst 3rd stringers in the league and yet he is our number two? Thats on the head coach, not on Jeff Tuel.

Lets be hypothetical and dream of a world based on merit. In that world Pettine is the head coach, not Marrone.

Why don't you call the Bills office tomorrow & demand you be named head coach because obviously you should have been chosen over Marrone.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by JediMindPowers View Post

I totally disagree with you. He has the team playing good in every game ive seen so far this year and ive watched every single snap. Its not his job to call the plays its the coordinators. Yes he makes mistakes with challenges but he is also a rookie head coach. I like what ive seen so far from him and is by far the best coach the bills have had in quite a few years.
        To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• pmoon6
          Legendary Zoner
          • Dec 2002

Comment

• Thurmal
            • Oct 2005

Bull****...he gets the most out of these guys. He hired a DC that has gotten more out of this team than anybody since Ted Cottrell in the late 90s. He can't help that every above-average player on this team gets injured every game.

The Bills may still lose, but at least they try to win. At least the players are pumped up. I like watching a team that isn't flat as hell, like the Jauron, Gailey, and Mularkey eras.
            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
              • Sep 2007

Dont forget all the injuries on this team and also how young they are. For them to be in every game this year shows that he can be a good coach.
              To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• BigGabes23
                • Mar 2006

This has to be one of the worst posts I have even seen..... Really dude, you're blaming the coach here! You have to be kidding me. I hop on to see if there is any news in EJ and I have to look at this dribble. Name a coach who can win games on the road after losing 2 qbs, top cb, top safty, #1 wr...... I could go on, but there is no point.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                  • Sep 2009

Too soon, been average so far. Roster has no depth, FO to blame.

Comment

• pmoon6
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Dec 2002

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                    Too soon, been average so far. Roster has no depth, FO to blame.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

if marrone was a big time coach, he would have capitalized when the bills were hot early and put the game out of reach at 17-3 instead of running the old "run them into the back of the center play"

He's no different than the other guys. HE has nothing to work with and brandon will keep screwing this team. $20MM under the cap, and we aren't playing our two allstars from last year, and we have no secondary, no proven back up qb, and an injury away from watching our defense be a bunch of third stringers. Pathetic.

Comment

• mjt328
                        • May 2011

At this point, it's hard to say what parts of the team Marrone is responsible for. So I have trouble blaming or praising him for the team's results so far.

Pettine clearly handles the defense (which is playing well). I think Hackett is mostly responsible for the offense (which is not).

I like how the team is playing hard and not giving up through the injuries and early game deficits. I think that is a credit to Marrone.
                        I hate how penalties are continuing to kill us, week after week. Discipline seems to be a mark against him.
                        Game management (time outs, clock usage, challenges) has been extremely questionable so far - but not bad enough to cost us games.
                        2013 "My Should Have" Draft
                        Posted During the 2013 Draft
                        1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
                        2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                        2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
                        3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
                        4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
                        5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
                        6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
                        7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
                        1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
                        2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                        2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
                        3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
                        4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
                        5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
                        6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
                        7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• JoeMama
                          Emotion Sickness
                          • Oct 2002

What the **** was Marrone thinking throwing a flag on a judgment call?

Even 12 year old me understood enough about football to know judgment calls are set in stone.
                          Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Crisis
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                            What the **** was Marrone thinking throwing a flag on a judgment call?

Even 12 year old me understood enough about football to know judgment calls are set in stone.
                            How about the fact he challenged that but DIDN'T challenge the fumbled kick off return, or the play where Gordon was out of bounds on like a twenty yard reception.
                            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                            Vanek is Austrian not European
                            Originally posted by Prov401
                            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                            Originally posted by better days
                            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

I'm still on the fence about Marrone. I don't think he's directly responsible for these losses (especially since he's not calling the plays, AFAIK). With the "talent" we currently have playing, I can't imagine how many 30-point losses we'd have under Jauron or Gailey even through 5 games.

There are a number of things that bother me about him and his coaching, but I think he's getting a lot out of the players in a rebuilding year. I'm intrigued so far.
                              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X