PDA

View Full Version : I don't believe in fate or destiny, but...

Thurmal
10-03-2013, 11:14 PM
I can be talked into the Bills being cursed. As limited as the Bills are (and they are VERY limited), if every decent ****ing player on our team didn't get hurt every game, they'd probably be 4-1. And I am one of the negative fans. Why can't we have anything nice for once?

mixxum
10-04-2013, 01:06 AM
Rookie coach, rookie QB, rookie WR's, Banged up secondary and we are 2-3 and have been in every game. We are not cursed.

We will get better and better. 5-11 this year, 8-8, next year (possible play offs with the expanded format) and 10-6 the year after. Why not. I think we can.

Our team is young. I have watched a lot of SU games. We are starting out like they did. I know they were not ranked. But they did not have a lot of talent on the SU teams. I mean Marone put Nassib into a position to where he was drafted.

It will get better.

Good night.

RedEyE
10-04-2013, 06:22 AM
WAAaaaaAaAAAAaAAAaaaaadE PhillLLLlLllllllIps ._. OOOOOooooooooOOOOooooooOO

mjt328
10-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Every season I think the same thing. As soon as something goes right and fans get a glimpse of optimism - BAM!!!! - something terrible happens to send us crashing back down to earth.

Let's review 2013 so far....

> The Bills come out firing in the first 2 preseason games. EJ looks pretty good. The defense looks really good. There is hope...

(Then BAM!!!) EJ needs surgery. Kolb gets a concussion and put on IR. Gilmore breaks his wrist. Byrd comes out of nowhere to reveal a foot injury.

> The Bills push through the secondary injuries and almost beat the Patriots, thanks largely to a rejuvenated Leodis McKelvin. The team regroups and knocks off the Panthers. Things may be looking up...

(Then BAM!!!) McKelvin gets hurt a few plays into the Jets game. Rogers gets torched for 250+ yards and 2 touchdowns. Carrington ends up on IR.

> Moving around some players on defense, the Bills manage to knock off the defending Super Bowl champs. They have a couple beatable teams coming up on the schedule with a 2-2 record. Fans are excited...

(Then BAM!!!) Stevie is hurt. EJ is hurt. TJ is hurt. We are embarrassed by the Browns in another primetime meltdown.

Thurmal
10-04-2013, 09:08 AM
That's what bugs me...they were finally gelling last night. Then, everything went to **** within a matter of minutes.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-04-2013, 11:03 AM
I can be talked into the Bills being cursed. As limited as the Bills are (and they are VERY limited), if every decent ****ing player on our team didn't get hurt every game, they'd probably be 4-1. And I am one of the negative fans. Why can't we have anything nice for once?

We did have it nice. Twice. 1964 and 1965.

imbondz
10-04-2013, 11:13 AM
stupid indian burial ground

IlluminatusUIUC
10-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Meanwhile, Brian Hoyer has a torn ACL and is out for the season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000255317/article/browns-brian-hoyer-tore-acl-will-miss-rest-of-season

Buffalogic
10-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Totally cursed. No doubt about it. When all you get is sympathy from everyone you know because they secretly cheer for the bills so you don't jump off a cliff, but instead watch the players drop like flies every year it's a curse.

We don't need a break. Just let us keep SOME of our good players. Ej, Stevie, Spiller, Mclovin, Gilmore, Byrd, Carrington, Brooks...8/22 starters poofing within 5 games. Real dumb. Real deja vu.

sukie
10-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Uh... Wide Right... 0-4 Superbowls, No Goal, Music City Mirtracle, 0-2 Stanley Cup finals, No Bass Pro... WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

OpIv37
10-04-2013, 02:00 PM
I don't believe in curses and most of the struggles of the Bills and Sabres are due to piss poor management...

But I have to say I'm struggling to come up with an objective explanation for all the injuries.

Five weeks into the season and we already have 4 DB's, 3 WR's, our star RB and our developing QB dealing with injuries, plus Carrington and I think we had an OL injury too. I posted a thread about this a week or so ago and it looked like our injuries over the years are pretty average, but there is no ****ing way this is average.

justasportsfan
10-04-2013, 02:04 PM
what sucks is that we seen to ALWAYS give someone their career day. Doesn't matter if it's Sanchez or someone else

Mr. Cynical
10-05-2013, 02:32 AM
stupid indian burial ground

Had to look that up...

http://www.buffalospree.com/Buffalo-Spree/June-2012/The-Bills-Curse/

So wtf...any news on the waterfront idea? I thought there was some momentum on building a new multi sport stadium there? Maybe not...

Strongman
10-06-2013, 07:38 AM
I wonder if the short week along with it being an away game contributed to the injuries?