PDA

View Full Version : Before you say, "If EJ plays, we win."

Oaf
10-03-2013, 11:23 PM
EJ (& co.) did near nothing in the first half, despite the defense forcing several punts. I don't know whether to blame Hackett, EJ, the receivers for not getting open, or Levit- er, Colin Brown for not opening holes, but the offense STUNK again.

The first TD was a gimme due to a PI on a gadget play and a Leonard return.
Another tame 2-minute drill.
A single long sprint by CJ
A huge conversion by Choice

Beyond a couple YAC plays by Wood, the above summarizes our offense for the night. Flat as all heck. There's no basis to think it would have turned any different had Manuel continued to play. He's missing the "it" factor (IMO), though now we might not find out if he can improve for another couple weeks (again).

We lost this game in the first half, not at the pick-6. Say Tuel sucks if you want, but offense like this is not going to win many games anyway.

Owen DeBoard
10-03-2013, 11:26 PM
The Bills rushing for 155 yards against a very good Cleveland D says that they were playing good on offence.

kingJofNYC
10-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Offensively we are a team without an identity. We can't run in shotgun and when we run under center with Smith and Summers teams stack the box since both are useless as receivers.

need to be able to run and pass from same formations. Also need better QB play, holding us back like always

Goobylal
10-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Yeah and all those yards and the score on punt returns meant nothing? Get out of here!

Oaf
10-03-2013, 11:34 PM
Also need better QB play, holding us back like always

How many one-hops, wide throws, behind throws do we have to see? I always catch myself feeling bad for Woods and WRs when they get slammed for waiting on a late ball. And these 10-yard out misses? Todd Collins could lace up now and make those throws.

TacklingDummy
10-03-2013, 11:36 PM
Plenty of room on my EJ sucks bandwagon.

mjt328
10-03-2013, 11:43 PM
Maybe we still lose with Manuel playing.

Without him, we had no chance... and everyone on the field knew it.

trapezeus
10-03-2013, 11:49 PM
the offense is hit or miss. and they miss a lot. it's always a big play that gets the drive completed. you can't trust them to wear down a team consistently. frankly, the bills need a team that can consistently run 5-10 plays a drive more than it needs to hit 3-4 homerun type plays. because if you are doing things well consistently, you are wearing down the other team.

As it stands now, the other team knows the 3-4 run plays we have, and they feel comfortable that EJ can't deliver and accurate pass. maybe the game will slow down for EJ and he'll set his feet, but he's not there yet.

if he misses any length of time, it's going to be really annoying. he needs to keep playing so that things do slow down for him. if he misses two weeks, it'll just look the same when he gets back.

JoeMama
10-03-2013, 11:56 PM
F-Jax was great. Even his penalty for taunting was hilarious. What a subtle dick move. I loved it.

Alonso was great.

Everything else kind of sucked. Especially when you consider that Brandon Weedon beat us. That kid is awful.

Thurmal
10-03-2013, 11:57 PM
I thought EJ was rough the first 4 games, but he was getting into a groove today, especially with Woods. When he went out, the Browns could just tee off on Tuel. I am not a homer by any means, but if the Bills didn't have every damn good player on offense knocked out, they could've pulled it out.

justasportsfan
10-04-2013, 08:44 AM
The Bills rushing for 155 yards against a very good Cleveland D says that they were playing good on offence.

imagine how much better the running game would be if we had a passing game that made defenses back off the LOS?

colin
10-04-2013, 09:23 AM
we would have had a shot at least.

keep in mind, we weren't down EJ on O.

we were down EJ, spiller, jackson, and steve johnson. Ej is the biggest lost (because our back up is not NFL ready) but those are our playmakers. Put them back in and our missing secondary on O, and we are a punter away from being a really solid. team.

i figure 7-9 is in the cards

PTI
10-04-2013, 09:26 AM
The Bills could run the ball. I guess all those runs up the middle are to setup some of the other plays. They could move the ball.

Cleveland guess right on a few plays, like the play they wanted Sanders on a short flip pass and EJ got hit.

RedEyE
10-04-2013, 09:28 AM
The offense was just starting to gain momentum and find a rhythm. Then enters Tuel who could make the right read (except for pick 6) but can't throw the ball.

WagonCircler
10-04-2013, 09:42 AM
What a subtle dick move. I loved it.

What did he do? I was at the game but it happened at the far end of the field and I couldn't see it.

Forward_Lateral
10-04-2013, 09:44 AM
What did he do? I was at the game but it happened at the far end of the field and I couldn't see it.

He flipped the ball to a Brown's defender on the sideline. It was a BS call, to be honest. He just flipped the ball, turned around and ran back to the huddle. I've seen guys do way worse and not get flagged.

DBrown77
10-04-2013, 10:07 AM
EJ needs to make quicker decisions and i am hoping that comes with time. Dont forget that we have played some top defenses this year. All are top 15 and a few top 5 i believe.

OLDSRIP
10-04-2013, 02:55 PM
He flipped the ball to a Brown's defender on the sideline. It was a BS call, to be honest. He just flipped the ball, turned around and ran back to the huddle. I've seen guys do way worse and not get flagged.

I think he may have said something also. Like you said, others have done much worse and not recieved a penalty.
we may never know.

kishoph
10-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Plenty of room on my EJ sucks bandwagon.

I'm sure there is, because anyone that knows football wouldn't be on that wagon.

Goobylal
10-04-2013, 08:59 PM
The Bills win that game with EJ playing. Heck they probably win that game with a halfway decent effort from Powell.

JoeMama
10-04-2013, 09:15 PM
The Bills win that game with EJ playing. Heck they probably win that game with a halfway decent effort from Powell.

I agree.

We were moving the ball pretty well in the first half.

It didn't come to a halting stop until he was out.

Oaf
10-07-2013, 10:33 PM
EJ needs to make quicker decisions and i am hoping that comes with time.

EJ needs to throw the ball accurately and he hasn't so far. I don't know if that's something that can/can't be thought at this stage?