PDA

View Full Version : Special Teams has to take a lot of the blame for this game

Owen DeBoard
10-03-2013, 11:42 PM
Special teams gave up a TD and a ton of yardage on punts and also the punter for the Bills didnt help the matter either. To bad Morman wasnt out there punting.

Crisis
10-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Powell sucks. What punters are out there? Moorman...Kluwe?

kingJofNYC
10-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Our ST started off the game well too. No hang time on Powells punts.

Owen DeBoard
10-04-2013, 12:19 AM
Our ST started off the game well too. No hang time on Powells punts.
Yeah they did very good on kickoff coverage but the punt coverage was terrible. Rediculous how three guys got their hands on Benjamin and couldnt bring him down.

psubills62
10-04-2013, 12:24 AM
The decision to not kick the ball out of bounds after that first return was mind-boggling.

jimmifli
10-04-2013, 12:54 AM
Our returners suck. They suck because there is no depth on this team.

I bet old man McGee could still do a better job. BTW, how many kickers do we have on this roster?

feldspar
10-04-2013, 01:49 AM
The Bills allowed 179 yards on punt returns today.

I'll say it again:

The Bills allowed 179 yards on punt returns today, including a TD.

That was huge. Got to the point where we whiffed on some kicks trying to keep the ball away from them.

So the Browns scored in all three phases of the game: offense, defense and special teams. The special teams looked about ready for the Special Olympics.

Also, it sickens me how this game is being portrayed in the media so far. Like the Browns somehow dominated despite losing freakin' Brian Hoyer.

I had a bad feeling about this game as soon as I found out it was "Jim Brown Day."

RedEyE
10-04-2013, 06:23 AM
While the punt coverage was bad I feel the need to point out about the Bills kick return game. Easly is not an NFL caliber return man. We need Goodwin back in the lineup.

DraftBoy
10-04-2013, 06:48 AM
Outside of the kickoff coverage the ST unit deserves an F.

How Benjamin could catch the ball on the near sideline, cross the entire field, turn the corner, and get a TD is beyond mind boggling. He broke 5+ tackles and I lost count of how many players didn't maintain their lanes on the coverage. That's on Crossman.

colin
10-04-2013, 07:33 AM
even with the qb, stevie, and both our star backs hurt, and our 3 best secondary players hurt, we would have walked away with a w if the punter had an ok, not even good game (coverage was bad too, but the punter has been terrible this year).

on the road giving up junk like that (10 points from long returns, and lots of field position) will cause healthy teams too lose, let alone a banged up young squad like ours.

Pinkerton Security
10-04-2013, 07:39 AM
While the punt coverage was bad I feel the need to point out about the Bills kick return game. Easly is not an NFL caliber return man. We need Goodwin back in the lineup.

This. Easley is TERRIBLE at returning kicks, why is he back there? I know for a fact Leodis is better than him, perhaps they dont want to risk injury?

alnilla
10-04-2013, 07:40 AM
The decision to not kick the ball out of bounds after that first return was mind-boggling.

He was probably trying to kick them out he just sucks that bad

lightningbolt444
10-04-2013, 07:44 AM
They played extremely bad last night. That said this is a team loss.

The O did some good things but really stumbled at times as well. The D could not cover the long ball but played decent overall. Punt coverage sucks but I think a lot of that had to do with the punter.

While I dont think Easley is the right choice what is the difference who is back on kickoff returns anyway all of the balls but one last night went through the back of the endzone. I cannot stand that rule from a few years ago. Really killed what the return game means.

Uncle Jesse
10-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Powell is a trainwreck.

Jan Reimers
10-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Danny Crossman should be leaving town, with Shawn Powell in tow.