PDA

View Full Version : EJ to have MRI done

Skooby
10-04-2013, 08:41 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/04/e-j-manuel-to-have-mri-on-right-knee/

RedEyE
10-04-2013, 09:39 AM
That injury baffled me. I'm pretty sure its not a tear. Looking at the replay is just took a nasty hit on the knee forcing the leg to whip backward. He was running and cycling on it later, then BAM - he WALKS back to the locker room.

I think it comes back as a deep bruise, or a mid-grade sprain and nothing more. I think the medical crew just didn't want to take the chance of him going back in and causing more damage in the event there was a little more gong on there.

Forward_Lateral
10-04-2013, 09:40 AM
I hope they were just being super cautious. I hope it's not what I think it is.

DesertFox24
10-04-2013, 09:47 AM
That injury baffled me. I'm pretty sure its not a tear. Looking at the replay is just took a nasty hit on the knee forcing the leg to whip backward. He was running and cycling on it later, then BAM - he WALKS back to the locker room.

I think it comes back as a deep bruise, or a mid-grade sprain and nothing more. I think the medical crew just didn't want to take the chance of him going back in and causing more damage in the event there was a little more gong on there.

I have sprained my ankle several times but never the knee. Any medical people or people with experience think he can play against the Bengals. After all Fred did with a minor knee sprain?

MikeInRoch
10-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Maybe they were remembering RG III from late last year. "It's hurt, but not too bad - I'm sure he can go back out there." How did that work out?

Tatonka
10-04-2013, 10:10 AM
ive sprained my knee before in a very similar hit in hockey. my foot was not planted on the ice. got hit in the knee and slightly hyper extended it. it will feel like a bruise. he could brace it and play. mobility will definately be limited, but he can still move in the pocket. there shouldnt be any risk of damaging it worse. again, this is assuming that he had what i had. the hit looked very similar.

that said, he could have also torn something depending on how far he hyperextended it. hopefully not. if had to guess, slight sprain. back soon. if its anything more than that, sign freeman now.

HAMMER
10-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Hoping Tatonka is right, that's how it looked to me too. When I was a kid we used to rub some dirt on it and get back to playing.

imbondz
10-04-2013, 10:14 AM
it was the RGIII effect

Ed
10-04-2013, 10:17 AM
I sprained my MCL a few years ago snowboarding. I was able to keep riding on it at first, but then the pain and swelling got pretty bad. I think it took me a few weeks to get back to 80-90%, but then it seemed to take months for it to feel completely normal again.

I think it's encouraging that EJ was walking around after. Makes me think that it wasn't a tear, but I bet he's in a lot more pain today then he was last night.