X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjt328
    • May 2011

Aaron Williams: Leave him at safety!!!

I was cringing after the Baltimore game, when everyone in Buffalo was praising Aaron Williams for a "great" game at cornerback. Yeah, he had a couple picks. But he was also a shoe-string tackle away from losing the game on a 70-80 yard bomb to Torrey Smith.

Last night's horrible game against Cleveland was not a surprise to anyone (except probably the Bills coaching staff). For his first 2 years in the NFL, he was one of the worst starting corners in the league. Getting burned on deep throws has been a weekly habit.

The move to safety salvaged his career, and restored his confidence. Why they decided to move him back (even temporarily) instead of signing a FA is just baffling to me. Hopefully the coaches haven't destroyed his confidence again.
    2013 "My Should Have" Draft
    Posted During the 2013 Draft
    1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
    2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
    3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
    4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
    5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
    6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
    7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
    1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
    2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
    2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
    3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
    4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
    5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
    6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
    7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas
  • mayotm
    • Jul 2003

Re: Aaron Williams: Leave him at safety!!!

I agree that he needs to move back to safety and don't think leaving him at corner will even be considered. However, given the circumstances, I have no problem that they moved him temporarily. I suppose they could have signed somebody off the street, but doubut there is much out there.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
      • Sep 2003

Re: Aaron Williams: Leave him at safety!!!

The only way he moves back to safety is if we actually get some corners back from injury.
      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

Working...
      X