• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

I wanna smack the snot out of Tashaun Gipson

Did you see that punk stand over Manuel and celebrate hurting him? Should have been an unsportsmanlike penalty, showed his true colors.
  • PTI
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Re: I wanna smack the snot out of Tashaun Gipson

I think he clearly went after EJ and was happy about it.

Comment

• HAMMER
      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
      • Jul 2003

I'm not sure that is the case as EJ looked to be lowering himself prepping for the hit. Tashaun got lower and low man most always wins. Based on his reaction there is no question he was happy about hurting him though.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
        • Aug 2012

If I understand the rules correctly, an unsportsman like penalty would've been called on him had he flipped the ball to Mauel, not taken his knee out and stood over him.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
          Did you see that punk stand over Manuel and celebrate hurting him? Should have been an unsportsmanlike penalty, showed his true colors.
          I saw this too, but I was too lazy to find a clip. How did Fred get two taunting penalties but yet nothing here.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
            After he hit him with the crown of his helmet! I guess this is a very selective penalty.

BTW, I want to smack the snot out of pretty much anybody named Tashaun.

Comment

• paladin warrior
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Oct 2004

Tashaun Gipson is a *******

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

With a name like Tashaun you just know that he has to be a dickhole.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Gipson standing over him appearing to be gloating about what happened was a douche move.

The hit itself there's no issue with, it's how he reacted to it.

Comment

• CleveSteve
                    • Apr 2011

He's admitted as much that he wish he hadn't done the gesture at the end but says he wasn't trying to hurt him. Alonzo on the other hand, that was kind of a cheapshot, mainly at the head. Also, I would agree with the comment about "crown of the helmet," but they took spearing out of the rulebook. Current crown of the helmet rules only pertain to helmet-to-helmet contact IIRC. I have no idea why... it would clear up a lot of gray area if they would just call spearing. It would get rid of lots of "if, and, but" rules. Glad to hear Manuel will only be out a couple weeks. Wish he was back for the game vs Cincy. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X