PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow??

Uncle Jesse
10-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Somebody had to bring it up, right?

sukie
10-04-2013, 01:24 PM
We were discussing it in a thread... TEEEE BOWWWWWW.

Womenfolk would swoon... Safe to say the amount of women falling to the ground "spread eagle" would be second to only the Travis Henry years.

Christians would buy luxury suites (holding a pre game service for the tax exemption and write off) There would be baptismal kiosks.

What if his heroics in Denver weren't a fluke and biproduct of an awesome D? What the hell. Sign him... Play him... and worst case scenerio... CLOWNEY!

Jaybird
10-04-2013, 01:27 PM
NO chance in hell

sukie
10-04-2013, 01:31 PM
You fail to see the massive upside... It's a no lose.

Tebow wouold sell the crap outta West Herr Ford.
Tebow loses we draft high.
There would be cuter babes attracted to the Ralph from Canada and elsewhere. Beats the usual hoof fest.

If we lose the sole blame lands on Tebow all along the FO gets praise for taking a shot.

JoeMama
10-04-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm surprised Jax hasn't signed Tebow given how badly their season has gone.

It's Tebow's hometown. It's Gator country. Their season is hopelessly lost anyway, so who cares if he's a distraction?

Maybe he's not a very good QB but it's the perfect gimmick to drum up sales and raise attendance in the short run.

And they can still draft their QB of the future next year.

WagonCircler
10-04-2013, 02:24 PM
NO chance in hell

I see what you did there....

WagonCircler
10-04-2013, 02:25 PM

It's Tebow's hometown. It's Gator country. Their season is hopelessly lost anyway, so who cares if he's a distraction?

Maybe he's not a very good QB but it's the perfect gimmick to drum up sales and raise attendance in the short run.

That situation would require something absolutely crazy, like giving the marketing guy total control of the team.

No NFL team would be stupid enough to do that.

Mr. Pink
10-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Tebow would sell some tickets and jerseys and that has to count for something.

RedEyE
10-04-2013, 02:35 PM
I wouldn't blatently dismiss the idea. I'd bring him in to look at and evaluate because at the end of the day EJ is still the starter and Kolb won't be back anytime soon if ever. Worst case scenerio he later bumps Tuel off the roster to the PS. Hell he might even have a little insight into the Patriots offense.

Forward_Lateral
10-04-2013, 03:12 PM
God would be on the Bills side finally!!

Mace
10-04-2013, 05:40 PM

Someone really did have to bring it up and good it's out of the way.

Crisis
10-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Well according to some posters here, he's going to have a better career than Peyton Manning... how's he still available?

wozrob11
10-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Somebody had to bring it up, right? you have got to be joking

BillsFever21
10-04-2013, 05:51 PM
No freaking way. I think I'd rather see if Tuel has an ounce of potential in him then bring Tebow in. We already know Tebow sucks and it wouldn't be worth the circus. We're pretty sure Tuel will also suck but at least find out for sure without the entire media and fan circus. That's the last thing we need on this team.

There is a reason why Tebow can't find a job ANYWHERE in the NFL. He is just an awful QB for starters and it's not worth the hassle he would bring to the team. I could just hear Skip Bayless and all of the other minions when Tebow was benched when Manuel came back. Then you would have that huge distraction for the rest of the season.

We need to sign somebody since we can't go into the game with just Jeff Tuel. Whoever that is from that list isn't going to be any good. The Bills did a horrible job of preparing for this possibility. Hell with the way TJ Graham threw that pass he might be a better option then Tebow. That's pretty bad to even think that.

JoeMama
10-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Well according to some posters here, he's going to have a better career than Peyton Manning... how's he still available?

Those guys are the worst.

It's like taking Bubby Brister over John Elway.

BillsImpossible
10-04-2013, 06:18 PM
The Bills need a miracle to save this season. I'm all for it.

Tebow is not a very good quarterback, but he is very good leader on the field and he has a knack for somehow winning games.

If the Bills manage to win a couple of games without Manuel, it's not going to be because of a veteran quarterbacks arm.

Bills need a solid run game, great defense, and a quarterback who can manage the game and keep it close.

Why not give Tebow a shot? What do the Bills have to lose besides 4-6 games?

BillsFever21
10-04-2013, 06:19 PM
If we could get Freeman that would be great. He may go for a one year deal if he sees the opportunity to show something heading into FA after the season is over. He knows he could step in and play immediately and with Manuel out for a month(give or take) it would be beneficial for both sides. We could also get him for the minimum since the Bucs would need to pick up the rest of his tab for this season.

Jaydog57
10-04-2013, 06:20 PM

And they can still draft their QB of the future next year. Yeah, the Jags fans are talking about it down here and have the rumor mill swirling from 'reliable sources.'
"According to our Jaguars leaker, the team is going to give Tim Tebow a shot to re capture his dream of playing quarterback once again. Our source tells us the Jaguars realize Tebow can only help merchandise and ticket sales, and will bring a major surge of interest to the Jaguars. This is not a football move as much as it’s a financial move says our insider."
http://cover32.com/jaguars/2013/10/03/report-tebow-to-sign-with-jaguars/

YardRat
10-04-2013, 06:34 PM
What the hell, why not?

JoeMama
10-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Yeah, the Jags fans are talking about it down here and have the rumor mill swirling from 'reliable sources.'
"According to our Jaguars leaker, the team is going to give Tim Tebow a shot to re capture his dream of playing quarterback once again. Our source tells us the Jaguars realize Tebow can only help merchandise and ticket sales, and will bring a major surge of interest to the Jaguars. This is not a football move as much as it’s a financial move says our insider."
http://cover32.com/jaguars/2013/10/03/report-tebow-to-sign-with-jaguars/

I like having the Jags in Jacksonville.

If Tebow can keep fans pumping money into our downtown, I'm all for it.

The Jags are the nightmare version of football. Might as well play to the sticks and sign him already.

Figster
10-05-2013, 09:56 AM
How about Trent Edwards:D

malvado78
10-05-2013, 11:09 AM
How about Trent Edwards:D
Mods ban this man please.

Figster
10-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Mods ban this man please.

hahaha,

On a more serious note (not that I would mind Trent, good karma)

but shouldn't Buffalo consider getting on the phone with the G men on a possible Nassib trade...

Mouldsie
10-05-2013, 11:22 AM
I am considered crazy but I think you can win with Tebow. You need to be all in on him though. You run option, triple option, read option, spread attack, you need 2-3 good backs and run the ball the entire game. You need a good core of offensive linemen. A versatile TE helps as does a speedy WR (for the deep ball once the D is gassed and expecting run) and some big bodied possession ones.

Control the clock, make first downs, beat the crap out of the defense, and let his attitude keep your team inspired because he really is a great leader and wants it

Mouldsie
10-05-2013, 11:23 AM
hahaha,

On a more serious note (not that I would mind Trent, good karma)

but shouldn't Buffalo consider getting on the phone with the G men on a possible Nassib trade...
Not a bad idea...

malvado78
10-05-2013, 11:36 AM
I am considered crazy but I think you can win with Tebow. You need to be all in on him though. You run option, triple option, read option, spread attack, you need 2-3 good backs and run the ball the entire game. You need a good core of offensive linemen. A versatile TE helps as does a speedy WR (for the deep ball once the D is gassed and expecting run) and some big bodied possession ones.

Control the clock, make first downs, beat the crap out of the defense, and let his attitude keep your team inspired because he really is a great leader and wants it

Did you just describe how to win with Tebow or how to win without the QB position?

SquishDaFish
10-05-2013, 11:39 AM
At first I was like Hell No on Tebow and want Freeman and Freeman only or go with Tuel. BUT I realize I have lost about 40% of my excitement on this season and would Welcome the excitement of Tebow for a few weeks and then move him to backup. What the hell LOL

Fixxxer
10-05-2013, 12:05 PM
As a QB no way, as a full time wildcat runner and occasional thrower maybe. I'd rather see Thad Lewis or Freeman until EJ is ready to come back.

Mouldsie
10-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Did you just describe how to win with Tebow or how to win without the QB position?
A little of both but you cant just run that offense with anyone either... power football will never go away

coastal
10-05-2013, 01:48 PM

I love u

coastal
10-05-2013, 01:51 PM
U can win a Super Bowl with Tim Tebow.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-05-2013, 01:54 PM

I suggested picking up Tebow in the offseason to back up Manuel because I figured they would be running a lot of read with him and I thought he'd be an intriguing project.

But then I saw how horrendous Spiller is as an option back and our OL is at blocking for it so I'm opposed now. Spiller needs to be deep to be effective IMO.

I lol'd

Blondie
10-05-2013, 01:55 PM
I love Tebow and I will support any team that picks him up!! He is a leader and damn good at it!

And the BILLS defense is pretty solid and he could be a good fit with the BILLS.

TacklingDummy
10-05-2013, 04:02 PM
U can win a Super Bowl with Tim Tebow.

As the holder on field goals.

Mouldsie
10-05-2013, 05:20 PM
He has more playoff wins than our team does the last 15 years

BillsFever21
10-05-2013, 06:12 PM
I didn't know Skip Bayless posted at this Bills forum.

tampabay25690
10-05-2013, 10:10 PM

At least he would have been ready to play on Thursday nite!!!
He knows what it's like under the big lights...

Mace
10-05-2013, 10:16 PM
He knows what it's like under the big lights...

Even if so poorly it may seem like he doesn't.

The Popcorn
10-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Why not? Bring him in for media circus reasons.