How do I bet all my Zone Bucks that EJ plays v. Cincy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnnyGold
    • Dec 2008

How do I bet all my Zone Bucks that EJ plays v. Cincy?

A number of things:

Marrone is coy with the media--we saw that during the preseason regarding Manuel's injury. He holds his cards close to his chest, and makes decisions without informing the beat writers. Byrd could have played last night, and Marrone kept him on the sidelines. 90% of the football world thought Tuel was going to start week 1, and he obviously didn't. Marrone says "a couple of weeks" for this injury--that could mean anything.

The people (person?) saying 4-8 has nothing to do with the Bills. It's speculation based on what kind of injury EJ has, vs. the typical time table for return from that injury. With sprains, there is a grade to the severity, from mild to severe. Recovery time is a grey area.

We don't just have 1 week off, we have 10 nights (including last night) and 9 days for EJ to get treatment/rest/recover. If this injury happened on a sunday, "a couple of weeks" would indicate 2 games. In this scenario, it could mean anything from 0 games to 2 games.

Manuel doesn't have an extensive injury history, and he recovered superbly from his scope during the preseason, missing what amounted to a week of action. That was an invasive procedure.

There is adaptive technology that exists to aid him getting on the field, in so far as it could limit his lateral mobility.

Seeing EJ after he came out last night doing drop backs and footwork on the sideline, and knowing the things that are available to athletes these days, from pharmaceuticals to hyperbolic chambers, I would be highly highly surprised if he isnt under center for the bengals game.

If not, then certainly the following week.
  • mayotm
    • Jul 2003

Re: How do I bet all my Zone Bucks that EJ plays v. Cincy?

Hope you're right.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I would dance for hours if you're right
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

He won't be back next week. I wish he would but there isn't a chance. I'd be more then happy to take that bet and would be more then happy to lose if he did start.

I'd rather have him miss a few games then rush him back early. This is already the second time he has injured his knee this season. Our next 4 games are tough enough as it is and we would be lucky to win 2 of them even with a healthy Manuel. It would most likely be one victory. With Tuel starting we will be lucky to win a game and most likely would lose all of them.

We're not making the playoffs this year and we need to make sure not to make his injury worse for the future. Don't try and rush him back for maybe one more victory and some closer games. The worse part is him suffering another injury and losing more valuable experience along with the rest of the offense maturing with him.

Comment

• Parzival
          This is a list: They're my demands
          • Aug 2012

I like the optimism.

He might be able to play before 4 weeks, but I'm assuming his chance of re injuring it might be a lot higher if he doesn't let it heal completely.

Obviously I'm no nfl qb but I had the same injury not too long ago. It would feel fine so I'd go for a run and about half way through I'd be hobbling the rest of the way home and my knee would swell up and just pulse with pain for the rest of the day. I ended up having to just stay off of it for a solid 3 weeks and then it was fine. Hopefully with the staff of trainers he'll be back sooner than expected.
          Over thinking, over analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

Comment

• JoeMama
            Emotion Sickness
            • Oct 2002

The fact that Marrone is being vague about EJ's return makes me think the injury could be worse than it is, not less.

He said EJ could miss "several" weeks, which means anywhere from 2 to 11.

I think you can bank on him missing 2 games. They wouldn't reveal their intention to sign a vet QB unless they legitimately needed one. It's not like Ralph Wilson wants to throw another 2-3 million at a vet when he's already got Kolb collecting paychecks from the IR.
            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

Marrone is coy, but not deceptive. EJ is going to miss more that 2 weeks.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Dec 2005

I think best case scenario he misses one game. If he's not that hurt, he should've been back out there in the 4th quarter on Thursday.

Comment

• JohnnyGold
                  • Dec 2008

alright maybe not against cincy, but how about the following week?

Comment

• Turf
                    • Jul 2002

You're nutz Johnny, aint gonna happen. I'd bet you $1356 real money.
                    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by JohnnyGold View Post
                      http://instagram.com/p/fNVlHrqDJc/

alright maybe not against cincy, but how about the following week?
                      I'll bet you the 1,300 zonebucks you have that he won't be playing. Hell I would also bet you real money.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JohnnyGold View Post
                        A number of things:

Marrone is coy with the media--we saw that during the preseason regarding Manuel's injury. He holds his cards close to his chest, and makes decisions without informing the beat writers. Byrd could have played last night, and Marrone kept him on the sidelines. 90% of the football world thought Tuel was going to start week 1, and he obviously didn't. Marrone says "a couple of weeks" for this injury--that could mean anything.

The people (person?) saying 4-8 has nothing to do with the Bills. It's speculation based on what kind of injury EJ has, vs. the typical time table for return from that injury. With sprains, there is a grade to the severity, from mild to severe. Recovery time is a grey area.

We don't just have 1 week off, we have 10 nights (including last night) and 9 days for EJ to get treatment/rest/recover. If this injury happened on a sunday, "a couple of weeks" would indicate 2 games. In this scenario, it could mean anything from 0 games to 2 games.

Manuel doesn't have an extensive injury history, and he recovered superbly from his scope during the preseason, missing what amounted to a week of action. That was an invasive procedure.

There is adaptive technology that exists to aid him getting on the field, in so far as it could limit his lateral mobility.

Seeing EJ after he came out last night doing drop backs and footwork on the sideline, and knowing the things that are available to athletes these days, from pharmaceuticals to hyperbolic chambers, I would be highly highly surprised if he isnt under center for the bengals game.

If not, then certainly the following week.
                        I guess first of all you have to find someone who likes taking candy from a baby.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

wouldn't EJ have to be listed day to day by the rules of the NFL. If you have a guy listed as out for several weeks, i didn't think you could surprise a team and have him start that week. i could be wrong, but i thought the league legislates the injury report to a degree that only belichick is allowed to get away with bending the rules. everyone else gets fined for ***** with the system.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                            wouldn't EJ have to be listed day to day by the rules of the NFL. If you have a guy listed as out for several weeks, i didn't think you could surprise a team and have him start that week. i could be wrong, but i thought the league legislates the injury report to a degree that only belichick is allowed to get away with bending the rules. everyone else gets fined for ***** with the system.
                            IIRC, teams have to issue injury status 1 or 2 days before a game - forget which. For example, here's the nfl report for week 6:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

CBS sports offers this:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Again IIRC, you only get a fine if you play a player who you listed as out. I remember CIN starting WR Peter Warrick after listing him as out, several years ago. CIN was fined $10K.
                            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• gebobs
                              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                              IIRC, teams have to issue injury status 1 or 2 days before a game - forget which. For example, here's the nfl report for week 6:

CBS sports offers this:

Copycats.

All kidding aside, the NFL link only has the list for the Thursday game.
                              Last edited by gebobs; 10-09-2013, 10:21 AM.
                              Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X