Are the Bils going to have the balls to draft a QB in 2014?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pecan
    • Nov 2008

Are the Bils going to have the balls to draft a QB in 2014?

E.J. Manuel is an average looking quarterback drafted from a below average QB draft class. The Bills front office had so much confidence in Manuel that they traded down 8 spots so they didn't look foolish picking him early (and to get another 2nd rd pick). His performance on the field this year (when he is on the field) has been...average. He has difficulty throwing accurate deep passes and has difficulty throwing accurate ....short passes (what?). He doesn't show above average athleticism outside the pocket. He just looks like an average QB that wont do much in the NFL. You guys can argue about this I dont really care. Yeah, E.J. is a nice guy , shows decent leadership but just because im a fan of the team im not going trick myself in to thinking that this guy is better than he is.

The question is.. with Bridgewater, Manziel, and other good prospects most likely within the bills crappy grasp, do you think this front office will do like the Panthers did with stupid Jimmy Clausen (granted, 2nd rd pick not pick 16 in 1st rd) and grab a real talent?
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Are the Bils going to have the balls to draft a QB in 2014?

Depends where they pick and who's available.

Maybe wait until the following year and pick the real FSU quarterback.
    Last edited by TacklingDummy; 10-04-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Pecan View Post
      E.J. Manuel is an average looking quarterback drafted from a below average QB draft class. The Bills front office had so much confidence in Manuel that they traded down 8 spots so they didn't look foolish picking him early (and to get another 2nd rd pick). His performance on the field this year (when he is on the field) has been...average. He has difficulty throwing accurate deep passes and has difficulty throwing accurate ....short passes (what?). He doesn't show above average athleticism outside the pocket. He just looks like an average QB that wont do much in the NFL. You guys can argue about this I dont really care. Yeah, E.J. is a nice guy , shows decent leadership but just because im a fan of the team im not going trick myself in to thinking that this guy is better than he is.

The question is.. with Bridgewater, Manziel, and other good prospects most likely within the bills crappy grasp, do you think this front office will do like the Panthers did with stupid Jimmy Clausen (granted, 2nd rd pick not pick 16 in 1st rd) and grab a real talent?
      You can argue about this I don't really care.

The Bills will NOT draft a QB next year unless it is in the LATER rnds...........................hey they can Probably draft Manziel in the 5th or 6th rnd.

Comment

• JoeMama
        Emotion Sickness
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Pecan View Post

No, that was a brilliant piece of maneuvering.

OBD understood the perception of value and pulled down the Rams' pants in the process.

Remember, this is the pick that netted us Kiko Alonso.

EJ Manuel's standing as a legit long-term solution aside, the Bills gamed the system pretty well in that trade.

I can't say Manuel is the answer. But I can say we won on drafty day.
        Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• JoeMama
          Emotion Sickness
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
          Depends where they pick and who's available.

Maybe wait until the following year and pick the real FSU quarterback.
          Jameis Winston is a flat-out phenom.

And I've sat through many years of false saviors at FSU. AD McPherson, Xavier Lee, Chris Rix, etc etc.
          Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
            Jameis Winston is a flat-out phenom.
            I'd give EJ this year and next. If he stinks enough next year maybe he will stink enough for Winston.

Comment

• paladin warrior
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Oct 2004

Pls Not now about New Qb..Neeed Badly CB DE DT OG and T,E

Comment

• JoeMama
                Emotion Sickness
                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                I'd give EJ this year and next. If he stinks enough next year maybe he will stink enough for Winston.
                I was pretty bent out of shape on draft day when we chose Manuel at #16. From what I saw at FSU, he wasn't an NFL QB. Let alone a first rounder.

But I decided to relax and give him a fair shake.

He's done some good things so far. And some bad things. I don't see failure as an inevitability with him.

Even Andrew Luck had miserable accuracy as a rookie.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Wait we are done with manuel already?? Holy ****

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                    • Mar 2013

Watching EJ Manuel play football is a hell of a lot more exciting than watching Ryan Fitzpatrick play quarterback.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                      • Mar 2013

It is completely unfair to judge EJ after 5 games. If RG3, Luck, and every other 1st round QB was judged on their first 5 games I don't think a single quarterback would be in the NFL Hall of Fame.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

lol yeah we really have no idea what manuel really is right now so yeah lol

ej would have to lose his throwing arm not to be starting next year no matter what happens
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

youd have to have one of those 'cant believe it happened but it did' situations like freeman starts and pulls a kurt warner or something for manuel not to be starting next year
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Pecan
                            • Nov 2008

JoeMama I do agree with you about the bills taking advantage of perception and made some smart maneuvers in the draft last year but would they take such risks with QBs like Bridgewater this year or RGIII last year or inother words higher potential players?

Also, I do think it is unfair for fans such as I to already "give up" on E.J. Manuel after 5 games but I would rather be rude, drastic and unfair in order to get a QB that has higher potential, better measurables, better tangables such as footwork and long, short accuracy and overall "It" factor such as Bridgewater, Manziel and McCarron.

I dont want to wait 3 years on a guy that we deep down kinda know is going to cut it. I wish E.J. would be the best ever and with my fanatic like optimism I sometimes trick myself into believing that Manuel is the man but.... I want better percentages. I want better chances. I want a better quarterback.

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

There's absolutely no point in drafting maybe when you're already full up on maybe.

We know how this goes, look toward the 2016 draft class under a 2016 HC possibility if you are so inclined.

The Manuel dislike just doesn't make sense to me. He was drafted raw with skill and potential, and looks raw with skill and potential being made to start. After 4 games, missing half preseason, he looked raw with skill and potential being made to start.

Not real sure what instant success guarantee I missed because the world of scouts was screaming there was no instant success in the draft. Geno is sure lighting the world up eh ? Most of the worst fans I see on other boards at least wait a year before giving up on anyone. Most Bills fans even gave the woeful Brohm more confidence after he proved himself worse. He never even did throw a single TD even in a preseason game for the Bills.

Comment

Working...
                              X