PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Thought Concerning Manuel's Absence

RedEyE
10-05-2013, 07:37 AM
I think this team is a solid passing game from making the playoffs. The running game is obviously there. The front seven is scrappy and very effective. The secondary can only get better as is on the mend.

I believe it has been the youth and inconsistancy in the the passing game that has been holding this team back this season. The offense is extremely simplistic and has been diluted for the rookie. That makes this team very one dimensional at times.

I'm not discrediting Manuel's accomplishents nor am I enjoying the fact that he is out half the season. But the facts remain, he's out and the Bills are seeking help. Adding a vet like Freeman might be the last piece of the puzzle that propels this team forward. While we all know Freeman is hardly long term HOF material, he is a seasoned veteran that can stretch the field and might just provide the necessary consistency this offense so deserves. The coaching staff has to see that as well as understand that injecting Tuel until Manuel's return is more of a project in itself than anything closely resembling a fix. Besides, Kolb may never return and a vet would need to be added to the roster in the off season anyway.

So hypothetically speaking, lets say the Bills pull the trigger on Freeman. What's the worst thing that could happen? Obviously the worst case scenerio is that he sucks and offers little to no assisstance. Big deal. Manuel comes back and is given back the reigns just as if nothing happened. The best case scenerio is Freeman comes in and helps this team win more than half the games pplayed while Manuel is out. Big deal. At that point you now have the vet that Kolb failed to be and Manuel has someone to learn from. He sits and awaits his chance to shine again.

But I can tell you one thing for sure is that this team deserves to win. They play hard and are a small piece away from turning the corner. But this team can't keep saying wait until next season after 5 games in...again.

DBrown77
10-05-2013, 08:53 AM
It's weird that there has not been any news on who they are looking at. We need a punter too!!

who gets the ax when we get another QB? Probably one of these scrub DB we picked up.

SquishDaFish
10-05-2013, 09:07 AM
It's weird that there has not been any news on who they are looking at. We need a punter too!!

who gets the ax when we get another QB? Probably one of these scrub DB we picked up.

Carpenter because Hopkins is ready

Homegrown
10-05-2013, 09:19 AM
I was thinking about Chan & TJack - after sending a draft choice to Seattle at the eve of the 2012 season, wasn't the excuse that TJack was inactive all season b/c he hadn't learned the playbook?....fast forward to 2013, this team will now most likely be signing some scrub FA who'll have a week to learn the playbook b/c he's got a good chance of starting the next game ...never a dull moment - lol

DBrown77
10-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Carpenter because Hopkins is readyI'm not sure they are going to get rid of Carpenter at this point.

Forward_Lateral
10-05-2013, 10:45 AM
You'd think/hope that they'd be bringing in a QB by Monday, at the latest if they expect said QB to start next week. I really don't think anyone but Tuel will be starting vs Cincy. It's gonna be tough for a QB to come in and learn the offense, no matter how simple it is, in 5 days to be ready to start. Unless they already know the offense like Matt Leinart.
:ill:

jimmifli
10-05-2013, 11:01 AM
I was thinking about Chan & TJack - after sending a draft choice to Seattle at the eve of the 2012 season, wasn't the excuse that TJack was inactive all season b/c he hadn't learned the playbook?....fast forward to 2013, this team will now most likely be signing some scrub FA who'll have a week to learn the playbook b/c he's got a good chance of starting the next game ...never a dull moment - lol

TJax was a Nix idea, Chan didn't want him.