Would You Trade A 3rd Round Draft Pick To The Giants For Ryan Nassib?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Would You Trade A 3rd Round Draft Pick To The Giants For Ryan Nassib?

Giants are 0-4 and have to be thinking about next year already. Eli Manning is 32 years old, and the NFL draft next year is going to be loaded with QB talent.

Since the AFL-NFL merger, only one team has made the playoffs after starting 0-4. (San Diego in 1992)

The Giants selected Nassib in the 4th round, so I don't think they would settle for anything less than a 3rd round pick in a trade.

Is there any other quarterback who would be able to learn the Bills offense quicker than Ryan Nassib? Same coach, same OC.

Giants play Philly, Chicago and Minnesota in the next 3 weeks.
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Re: Would You Trade A 3rd Round Draft Pick To The Giants For Ryan Nassib?

What? One star.

Comment

• The Popcorn
      Cincinatti > Buffalo
      • Jun 2009

If I were the Giants, I would trade Nassib for a 3rd. I wouldn't give up a 3rd for Nassib though.
      The Popcorn and Terrell Owens are coming to a town near you.

Comment

• Homegrown
        Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
        • Jul 2008

nope ... as my pop use to say, "Son, that's good money chasing a bad idea"

Comment

• BillsImpossible
          • Mar 2013

Long term, would Nassib be a better backup than Tuel?

Thinking back to the Bills Glory Days, they wouldn't be so glorious without Frank Reich as the backup QB.

I think Nix/Whaley had the right idea with Kevin Kolb, but things didn't work out. In a perfect world, Kolb starts next Sunday, dismantles the Bangles and we all say how smart the GM was to sign KK.

Regardless of who starts next Sunday, the Bills still need a backup QB on the roster.

Comment

• THRILLHO
            This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
            • Feb 2009

Pretty sure whoever answered that call at The Giants organization would pass out. A round higher on a pick from six months ago? Talk about return on investment.
            True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
              • Mar 2013

I want the Bills to make a move that says, "We want to win and we want to win now."

My ears want to hear Doug Marrone say, "We made this trade because Ryan Nassib is going to give our team a better chance of winning in the next few weeks without EJ."

I don't want the Bills to sign a QB like Tyler Thigpen, someone who has been given more than a chance already.

A 3rd rounder may seem ridiculous, but if this team is going to make a 5 year or decade long run of continuous playoff appearances and the occasional Super Bowl Championship here and there, they can't do it without a legit backup quarterback.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

And Ryan Nassib is a legit backup QB?

A guy with no experience at the NFL level is legit?

Wow.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                    • Jun 2024

I would trade a 3rd round pick to the Patriots for Ryan Mallet.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                      • Aug 2004

On draft day I would've taken a chance on him when he was still sitting there in the 4th round. Him and Marrone were familiar with each other and we needed another QB anyway. That would've meant Tuel would've never been on the roster to begin with. At the worse he could've been a backup to Manuel.

Since we already passed on that idea I wouldn't now trade a 3rd round pick for him. We already have two rookies as our only QB's to begin with. If a QB we want to start was brought in during the time Manuel is out then we need a veteran that has experience and not another rookie playing his first game without time to learn the offense all offseason.

I wouldn't be opposed to drafting one next year in the middle rounds though. We still need a long term plan for our backup QB and in a QB rich draft you may get lucky with a decent player in the middle rounds.

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

Stop it

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

We gave a 6th rounder for a proven guy in Traverse Jackson, a non proven guy like Nassib would warrant a 7th rounder or future considerations at best. That said I would rather have a guy like Pat White over Nassib. And if am looking at Week 6 potential starters I rank em as 1. Josh Freeman (assuming he gets a week of practice) 2. Pat White (same assumption) 3. Thaddeus Lewis 4. Jeff Tuel 5. Dennis Dickson (same assumption as other UFA).

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

No thanks.

Comment

• GingerP
                              • Aug 2012

Nassib was 7-for-19 (36.8%), 114 Yds (6.0 YPA), 0 TD, 0 Int, 57.8 QB Rating in the preseason. He ran 4 times for -2 yards. That was playing late in the game against scrubs.

A 3rd rounder? That would be insane and desperate.

Comment

Working...
                              X