X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJones83
    • Sep 2009

Dixon up next.

Didnt see this posted yet. Denis Dixon will work out Sunday for the bills.

- - - Updated - - -

Per NFL.com
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: Dixon up next.

Originally posted by MJones83 View Post
    Didnt see this posted yet. Denis Dixon will work out Sunday for the bills.

- - - Updated - - -

Per NFL.com
    I know there are thoughts that Freeman doesn't fit what the Bills do but damn I'd rather take a chance on someone like him than these other scrub QBs being named that might fit the offense but have little to nothing to offer as QBs.

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

I agree. You get the best QB you can find and not a crappy QB that fits the offense because they are better runners but not worth a damn as a QB. Sometimes you need to adapt.

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

Kirk Cousins definitely isn't qualified to run the same offense as RG3 but he played good last year in the little time he did see during the regular season. Not unless Marrone/Hackett are just one trick ponies with their offense.

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
          I agree. You get the best QB you can find and not a crappy QB that fits the offense because they are better runners but not worth a damn as a QB. Sometimes you need to adapt.
          Anybody they bring in now would be running a vanilla scheme pretty much, anyway. The Bills aren't going to find a guy that "fits what they do" at this point, because whoever it is won't have time to learn "what the Bills do."

Hell, even Manuel and Tuel are two different types of QBs entirely.

Funny how they seem to be looking primarily at running QBs directly after their QB got hurt directly as a result of running the ball.

If Pat White or Dennis Dixon ever take a snap for this team, that would just ruin any kind of optimism I have about this regime. That would be the height of stupidity. The fact that they are even looking at those guys is completely stupid alone.

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

I'd be okay with Dixon. I also would not be expecting some superman powering us to the Super Bowl like some people seem to figure it works. All the FA QB's are FA QB's for a reason. I'd also be okay with renting a Freeman for a year because I don't see any reason not to.

There isn't anyone out there to spearhead a charge to playoffs, and it becomes a matter of least worst.

I don't see any sense in throwing draft picks at a least worst though in a trade.

Comment

Working...
            X