• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Bills talking to Freeman

The Buffalo Bills are working out quarterbacks Pat White and Dennis Dixon on Sunday morning as they look for a replacement for EJ Manuel, sources told ESPN.

Dennis Dixon
    Pat White

and Josh Freeman. I'd take Freeman.

Dixon has 4 games in the NFL. Pat White has 5 attempts.

Freeman has lot's of experience and that's what I'd like from my backup.
    Last edited by X-Era; 10-05-2013, 07:40 PM.

• Scumbag College
    • Oct 2002

Re: Bills talking to Freeman

I think that Freeman would be the only available QB that the Bills could sign and start and possibly give them a chance to win against the Bengals a week from tomorrow.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
      I think that Freeman would be the only available QB that the Bills could sign and start and possibly give them a chance to win against the Bengals a week from tomorrow.
      Agreed

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Agreed.

25 years old with 60 games under his belt much of it starting? And he has a similar game to EJ? It's the right type of backup. The other guys are way less experienced.

Complete career NFL stats for Indianapolis Colts Quarterback Josh Freeman on ESPN. Includes scoring, rushing, defensive and receiving stats.
        Last edited by X-Era; 10-05-2013, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

He's done more than EJ will ever do in his career so bring him in.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

Erik Burkhardt is Freeman's agent. Anyone know if there are any current Bills players with the same agent?

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

This is actually a HUGE career decision for Freeman, if the Bills bring him in and go so far as to offer him a job. This will go down on his resume. If his long-term goals include the possibility of starting at QB again somewhere, I'd really think long and hard about this situation in Buffalo. Anyone coming in and playing here is at a severe disadvantage for obvious reasons. Could really hurt his stock in the future, and it's not like he needs the money. I wouldn't take the job, if I were him.

That said, he's the best guy out there to bring in for the Bills at this point. I hope we bring him in...not that it's going to save us or anything.

I still think Tuel should start against the Bengals. It's the best option in a bad situation.

Comment

• sudzy
                • Apr 2013

I'm sure the Bills feel the same way. The question is: does Freeman want to come here? The one thing working against Buffalo is, he probably won't be the starter once EJ is healthy.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                  This is actually a HUGE career decision for Freeman, if the Bills bring him in and go so far as to offer him a job. This will go down on his resume. If his long-term goals include the possibility of starting at QB again somewhere, I'd really think long and hard about this situation in Buffalo. Anyone coming in and playing here is at a severe disadvantage for obvious reasons. Could really hurt his stock in the future, and it's not like he needs the money. I wouldn't take the job, if I were him.

How many other teams can offer him the weapons on Action Jackson, CJ, SJ, RW and Chandler. He should be able to produce with this bunch and that means more money in his future.

Comment

• Mike13
                    • Aug 2005

I kind of feel bad for him seeing as how Tampa threw him under a bus that Schiano drove.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                      I'm sure the Bills feel the same way. The question is: does Freeman want to come here? The one thing working against Buffalo is, he probably won't be the starter once EJ is healthy.
                      vs. the Packers?

Oak and Jax are in similar boats but our team is better than both.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Freeman is #5... Our #5 is Hopkins who may be cut once he comes back this next week... Coincidence?

Lol

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by feldspar View Post

That said, he's the best guy out there to bring in for the Bills at this point. I hope we bring him in...not that it's going to save us or anything.

I still think Tuel should start against the Bengals. It's the best option in a bad situation.
                          He will be looking to get paid in the offseason with a chance to be on a team where he can be a starter. If Buffalo gives him the only chance to start for at least the next month then that can only increase his stock if he plays well. His value can't go down much more then it is right now after his record in Tampa over the past 9 games. If he plays decent then some team may take a chance on him as their starter next season instead of drafting a QB.

He had a great year in 2010 and then got off to a great start in 2012. He has been very inconsistent but he is the best option for us right now. I doubt he will sign anything more then a one year deal unless somebody offered him a good chunk of change. If he can even be competent then somebody will give him decent money.

If an injury prone bum like Kevin Kolb could get the type of contract he received this year then Freeman should be able to match that or find a better one in the offseason. He is still young enough to sign a short term deal after this year to increase his value with a good season.

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
                            He will be looking to get paid in the offseason with a chance to be on a team where he can be a starter. If Buffalo gives him the only chance to start for at least the next month then that can only increase his stock if he plays well. His value can't go down much more then it is right now after his record in Tampa over the past 9 games. If he plays decent then some team may take a chance on him as their starter next season instead of drafting a QB.

He had a great year in 2010 and then got off to a great start in 2012. He has been very inconsistent but he is the best option for us right now. I doubt he will sign anything more then a one year deal unless somebody offered him a good chunk of change. If he can even be competent then somebody will give him decent money.

If an injury prone bum like Kevin Kolb could get the type of contract he received this year then Freeman should be able to match that or find a better one in the offseason. He is still young enough to sign a short term deal after this year to increase his value with a good season.
                            NOBODY is going to step into this situation and play well coming in cold off the street...NOBODY.

Do you honestly think that he's thinking "this may be my big chance?"

You'd better believe his stock can go down.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                              Unless another team would offer him a decent contract for the long term and/or an immediate chance to start this season then I don't see why not. He is already getting paid from Tampa this season so his price tag for this year doesn't matter to him. He will get the minimum and the Bucs will pay the rest to him. This gives him a chance to start and if he plays well then he could turn it into a decent contract in the offseason.

Unless a team like the Jagaurs were totally fed up with Gabbert and offered him the starting job there isn't many other spots for him right now. He doesn't have any competition for the starting job here for at least a month. If for some reason he came in and played well then you never know what could happen. If he's playing good football and the Bills were winning it would be easy for them to leave him in for the rest of the season instead of messing with the chemistry of the team. They could let Manuel sit and learn/heal for the rest of the season instead of changing QB's that late in the year if we were in the hunt for a WC spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X