• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Bills shopping Byrd.

Have we already seen Byrds last game as a Bill?

Did Marrone sit him against Cleveland to send a message?
  • BertSquirtgum
    • May 2009

Re: Bills shopping Byrd.

I believe he did

Comment

• GingerP
      • Aug 2012

Per Shefter;

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
      Bills know wisest course of action is to trade franchise S Jairus Byrd and they now are open to dealing him, per sources. Talks ongoing.

Comment

• JohnnyGold
        • Dec 2008

terrible news.

pay the man. pay him 2 million more a year than the next suitor.

it's the nfl--no contracts are guaranteed.

if he doesn't live up to it, trade him then. if he does, then we have one of the best players in the league at the position.

poz is a league leader in tackles in jax, lynch is a league leading rusher in seattle, whitner is doing well in san fran, levitre is doing well in ten and now manning the line for their capable stop-gap vet backup qb.

sucks that we could have poz next to kiko, whitner next to byrd, levitre on our line holding it down for fitz til ej is healthy--sounds like a playoff team to me.

Comment

• mayotm
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by JohnnyGold View Post
          terrible news.

if he doesn't live up to it, trade him then. if he does, then we have one of the best players in the league at the position.

poz is a league leader in tackles in jax, lynch is a league leading rusher in seattle, whitner is doing well in san fran, levitre is doing well in ten and now manning the line for their capable stop-gap vet backup qb.

sucks that we could have poz next to kiko, whitner next to byrd, levitre on our line holding it down for fitz til ej is healthy--sounds like a playoff team to me.
          They can't "pay the man" this year. He has to play under the tag this year. The relationship between Byrd and the Bills can't be repaired at this point. They need to trade him and at least get something for him.

Comment

• colin
            Drew's my hero!
            • Jul 2002

I say you always want your stars, unless they don't want to play 100% hard for you. We were wise to trade peters, and we will be wise to trade Byrd if he's punking out. I love his ability, but no room on the roster for a quitter.

Comment

• JohnnyGold
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mayotm View Post
              They can't "pay the man" this year. He has to play under the tag this year. The relationship between Byrd and the Bills can't be repaired at this point. They need to trade him and at least get something for him.
              they can't pay him this year, but they can pay him this offseason.

and they should. they should pay him more than any other team is willing to, to keep him here.

you don't let good players leave, that's rule #1 to making the playoffs.

Comment

• mayotm
                • Jul 2003

they can't pay him this year, but they can pay him this offseason.

and they should. they should pay him more than any other team is willing to, to keep him here.

you don't let good players leave, that's rule #1 to making the playoffs.
                He doesn't want to be in Buffalo. Period.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Good riddance, he played hurt to make a point when we needed him. That's the definition of not a team player, who collected almost $7 Million for sitting. We'll get a 3rd round pick from a good team, that'll be a best case scenario.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Yes.

I hope so.

Screw Byrd, he doesn't want to be here, get rid of him.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

terrible news.

First off I agree with the pay the man comment.. but thats all I can agree with you on.

Poz has always been a leader in tackles but its never for stops at the line or for loss. Most of his tackles are 10 or more yards down the field. Kiko will be better IMO. If we kept Poz we dont draft Kiko...... If we kept the ******* Whitner we dont draft Byrd. And Levitre I agree we should have kept. Dont want to comment on Fitz LOL

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

terrible news.

95% agree.
                        Except you are forgetting about the most important position on every team.

Comment

• GingerP
                          • Aug 2012

It will be interesting to see what they get for him. If they keep him he at least plays the rest of the year and the Bills probably get a 3rd in 2015 as a compensatory pick. They need something of value back for the guy, but his not being able to sign long-term has a negative influence on his value.

Any team trading for Byrd will need to absorb the roughly $4.87M he has left to be paid this year. Only 13 NFL teams have enough cap room to absorb that, although more could restructure to make room if needed. It would have been better to try and deal him in the off-season, his market isn't too strong right now. I guess it only takes one team.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

If he tanks the season or even most of it with his pussy foot he gets to pick his next team. He's probably banking on the Bills not franchising him again.

Trading him let's us get what we want for him and let's us choose his next team. Screw him.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Send him to the Jags for their 2nd round pick.
                              33rd overall. 9 picks higher than what Byrd was.

Comment

Working...
                              X