X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

new pictures emerge of what the Ralph will look like after renovations are done

Bills fans won’t have any trouble recognizing the Orchard Park stadium next August, but they also won’t be able to miss the many changes coming to the playpen.
    • Entrance gates will be pushed out toward the street, creating a much bigger exterior concourse outside the stadium walls and allowing for live entertainment. Six new “super gates” – down from the current nine – will have more entry lanes, and each gate will have a video board to show pregame shows and highlights.
    • A huge new Bills Store will be built behind the scoreboard, off Abbott Road, with a glass exterior and a big Bills logo creating the stadium’s signature look on its new “front door.”
    • The current scoreboard will stay about the same size, but its video screen will be about 60 feet wider, because the stationary ads will be removed. The picture also will be crisper, thanks to technological advances.
    • Fans sitting in front of that scoreboard will be able to see, without turning completely around, two smaller video scoreboards at the opposite end.
    • Other changes include a new Bills-themed East End Lounge with food and drink; moving the press box to the current Red Zone Club in the corner of the tunnel end zone; a vast rewiring to expand Wi-Fi and Das capabilities; the building of a new commissary building for Delaware North; a “freshening up” of the lower-bowl concourse; a refurbishing of concession stands to provide more variety, more local flavor and more permanent space; and 22 percent more restroom space.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: new pictures emerge of what the Ralph will look like after renovations are done

Polishing a turd.

Comment

• lightningbolt444
      • Mar 2007

Re: new pictures emerge of what the Ralph will look like after renovations are done

What the heck is the point of this? A new store? A new video screen? all of these features just sound like more ways for the Bills to increase their revenue. I fail to see how these are infrastructure improvements to bridge the gap to a new stadium. I will be interest in seeing what refreshing the concessions means because that and the restrooms really need the most attention.

What a waste of money.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by lightningbolt444 View Post
        What the heck is the point of this? A new store? A new video screen? all of these features just sound like more ways for the Bills to increase their revenue. I fail to see how these are infrastructure improvements to bridge the gap to a new stadium. I will be interest in seeing what refreshing the concessions means because that and the restrooms really need the most attention.

What a waste of money.
        22% more restrooms added, concession stands added, lower bowl seats refurbished, WiFi added. It all sounds good to me. It will keep the Ralph viable until the team changes hands.

Comment

• WagonCircler
          Escaped Convict
          • Jul 2002

What a waste of money.

So, you prefer the Ralph as is?

WTF do you even care, you live in Yuppie Town.

The fans' complaints are legit--horrible rest rooms, tiny concourses, ***** concessions. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the sight lines or the seats, and they're adding video to the non-scoreboard side.

So they're addressing those things. And they're modernizing the curb appeal.

This is something to whine about?

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
            Polishing a turd.
            The whole biz is a turd:

Taxpayers fund the stadiums, antitrust law doesn't apply to broadcast deals, the league enjoys nonprofit status, and Commissioner Roger Goodell makes $30 million a year. It's time to stop the public giveaways to America's richest sports league—and to the feudal lords who own its teams.
            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

I think I misread the title: "new pictures emerge of what the Ralph will look like after renovations are done"

cyborg250x249.jpg

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post

The fans' complaints are legit--horrible rest rooms, tiny concourses, ***** concessions. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the sight lines or the seats, and they're adding video to the non-scoreboard side.

It only makes sense if they are committing to the Ralph for the long term. If they are not, I would rather see that money put towards the new stadium than putting improvements on the old.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• lightningbolt444
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post

So you think this is a wise way of spending 130 million? A new stadium NEEDS to be built all they are doing here is wasting 130 million. Take that money and put it towards a new stadium the Ralph has gone this long they can get a few more years our of it as is and then build the new stadium.

Also does it matter where I live? I grew up in Buffalo and still visit a good bit and go to a good number of games. Where I live vs where you live does not change the value of our opinions. Both places are great places to live for different reasons.

I have said it in a few threads but until Buffalo as a city and franchise quit just polishing turds and spinning gears arguing over everything they will still be an afterthought to the rest of the country. This is not the 90's anymore it is time to update the right way for both the city and the team. Thankfully the city seems to be taking some great steps to bring Buffalo to where it should be now is time for the team to do the same.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Guys shut the **** up already.

It is obvious we are nowhere near ready to build a new stadium in this area. Its not like we would be saving this money up and putting it towards the future stadium. I also love the people whining are for the most part doing so from their couches or out of town. I go to every game and have for 13+ years. I am happy these upgrades are being made. In fact they are all I would ever want. Better video Scoreboard, Better bathrooms, Better concessions, wifi, wider concourse with easier to enter gates. Those are absolutely the ONLY things I would even care about.

These same people will be the same ones losing their minds when they build a new stadium and we all have to pay 5 or 10k Personal seat licenses just to even buy season tickets. Who seriously wants that? For what? So the stadium experience can be turned more into a lame event filled with suits and non fans???? Think about that people.

Comment

• lightningbolt444
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                      Guys shut the **** up already.

It is obvious we are nowhere near ready to build a new stadium in this area. Its not like we would be saving this money up and putting it towards the future stadium. I also love the people whining are for the most part doing so from their couches or out of town. I go to every game and have for 13+ years. I am happy these upgrades are being made. In fact they are all I would ever want. Better video Scoreboard, Better bathrooms, Better concessions, wifi, wider concourse with easier to enter gates. Those are absolutely the ONLY things I would even care about.

These same people will be the same ones losing their minds when they build a new stadium and we all have to pay 5 or 10k Personal seat licenses just to even buy season tickets. Who seriously wants that? For what? So the stadium experience can be turned more into a lame event filled with suits and non fans???? Think about that people.
                      What is holding them up from being ready for a new stadium? Cities that dont even have teams have built new arenas and stadiums just to try and attract a team. Is that what is also holding them back from the playoffs as well they are not ready?

Also for everyone complaining about fans out of town voicing their opinion remember most of us lived in Buffalo for a substantial amount of time and even if we did not out of town fans that support the team do just as much to help them stay in Buffalo as you do.
                      Last edited by lightningbolt444; 10-06-2013, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

I am in favor of six thousand dollar PSLs for season ticket holders, and a minimum ticket price of $150. No more sticking it to folks who don't give a rat's patoot for our yucks...

Per TMQ:

Taxpayers fund the stadiums, antitrust law doesn't apply to broadcast deals, the league enjoys nonprofit status, and Commissioner Roger Goodell makes $30 million a year. It's time to stop the public giveaways to America's richest sports league—and to the feudal lords who own its teams.
                        Last edited by stuckincincy; 10-06-2013, 02:04 PM.
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                          Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                          • Feb 2013

What is the New Stadium Working Group, you ask? It consists of representatives from the team, county and state that will, to quote the official press release (clipped here by the Democrat and Chronicle), "explore the potential for the construction of a new stadium in the future."
                          The lease agreement also outlines an undisclosed fund that will be available for any development and planning needed in that group's new stadium exploration, as well.
                          http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012...fund-assembled
                          Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 10-06-2013, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                            • Apr 2004

The Ralph is one of the last unpretentious stadiums in the NFL. It's an experience that should not include 100% protection from the elements. The biggest problem with the Ralph, to me, is the narrow concourses. Trying to get anywhere during halftime is damn near impossible. I'm curious to see how they are going to improve that because they would have to tear out a lot of infrastructure to do so. My biggest fear in terms of a downtown stadium is the loss of the tailgating experience, but since it would be such a big boost for the city and the waterfront area, I can let go of that albeit with a slightly heavy heart. I live in MD now and I only get to go to one or two games a year, but my wife and I are planning on moving to NY in the next two years. If that happens, I will be trying to get her to give in to season tickets.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                              Escaped Convict
                              • Jul 2002

What is holding them up from being ready for a new stadium?.
                              About $1 Billion.

Have you noticed that the economy is atrocious, and NY State taxpayers are taxed at higher rates than 48 other states?

And there's the fact that our owner is pushing 100, and no one knows what's going to happen when he dies.

What's holding them up is reality.
                              Last edited by WagonCircler; 10-06-2013, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X