• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Buffalo in the hunt for Freeman still, late push

Jay Glazer@JayGlazer 51m "@BogieWilks: @JayGlazer is Freeman likely to the Raiders or Vikings?">yup, buffalo making a late push again too. Will make decision tonight
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Buffalo in the hunt for Freeman still, late push

I've never wanted a mediocre QB so badly in my life.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

This is the sort of move that a quality FO makes. Any FO signs Pat White.

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

The only way Buffalo will probably get him is if they give him a multi-year contract. That would mean throwing competition at Manuel which I doubt they are ready to do. The Raiders aren't sold on Pryor and the Vikings are just about ready to give up on Ponder if they haven't already. He could start right now with any of them teams but Buffalo is only for 4-6 weeks.

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
          The only way Buffalo will probably get him is if they give him a multi-year contract. That would mean throwing competition at Manuel which I doubt they are ready to do. The Raiders aren't sold on Pryor and the Vikings are just about ready to give up on Ponder if they haven't already. He could start right now with any of them teams but Buffalo is only for 4-6 weeks.
          Wait, why is Freeman any more competition than Kolb who we were happy to sign before drafting EJ?

Comment

• Homegrown
            Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
            I've never wanted a mediocre QB so badly in my life.
            hahahaha ..oh man, truer words have never been spoken

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
              Agreed.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

It takes two signatures to complete a contract...the front office that signs Freeman doesn't necessarily have more 'quality' than the ones that tried and couldn't come to an agreement.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  It takes two signatures to complete a contract...the front office that signs Freeman doesn't necessarily have more 'quality' than the ones that tried and couldn't come to an agreement.
                  The FO that recognizes weaknesses end up translating into losses is a quality FO, we haven't filled needs in like this for a longtime.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

Wait, why is Freeman any more competition than Kolb who we were happy to sign before drafting EJ?
                    I don't know who the "we" is. I know myself and many others who could see that he was nothing more then a failed and injury prone QB was horrified by the thought of Kolb playing. There were some homers who tried to make up every excuse in the book for his bad play and especially his injuries.

Well the biggest reason would be because Kolb had only managed 21 games in his career because he could never stay healthy and had already failed to secure a starting job with two different teams. Freeman has stayed healthy and put a couple good seasons together.

Plus Freeman is still only 25 years old while Kolb was 29 years old. Freeman is in his 5th year but only two years older then Manuel. Freeman has been far from great but he is more talented and reliable then Kolb. Kolb can't even hold his jockstrap. Then again if he did he might strain his back and injure himself again.
                    Last edited by BillsFever21; 10-06-2013, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Wikipedia says he's a Bill... Lol... Must be true.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        No, maybe they had more money...

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

I don't know who the "we" is. I know myself and many others who could see that he was nothing more then a failed and injury prone QB was horrified by the thought of Kolb playing. There were some homers who tried to make up every excuse in the book for his bad play and especially his injuries.

Well the biggest reason would be because Kolb had only managed 21 games in his career because he could never stay healthy and had already failed to secure a starting job with two different teams. Freeman has stayed healthy and put a couple good seasons together.

Plus Freeman is still only 25 years old while Kolb was 29 years old. Freeman is in his 5th year but only two years older then Manuel. Freeman has been far from great but he is more talented and reliable then Kolb. Kolb can't even hold his jockstrap. Then again if he did he might strain his back and injure himself again.
                          My post still stands.

A player who steps in and does as well as EJ did should be very much in competition for the starting job. EJ has won it by default. Kolb could have been the choice by Marrone easily.

I want EJ to continue to be the starter but Marrone only has to point to the pre-season competition and the openpath to the starting job for the next few weeks to show he's serious if he says the job is an open competition.

Freeman should know he will be seriously considered our starter if he wins a few games here.

And at that point, Buffalo has a better roster than Oakland.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                            • Aug 2004

If the Vikings can guarantee him a starting job the rest of the season then he will probably end up with them. If not then the Raiders would be the next logical choice. It's obvious his gig would only last 4-6 weeks in Buffalo unless we were winning and he was playing good. Unless both of them were happening then he would be on the bench as soon as Manuel returned.

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

If the Vikings can guarantee him a starting job the rest of the season then he will probably end up with them. If not then the Raiders would be the next logical choice. It's obvious his gig would only last 4-6 weeks in Buffalo unless we were winning and he was playing good. Unless both of them were happening then he would be on the bench as soon as Manuel returned.
                              Ponder was the Vikes QB of the future and Oak thought highly of Pryor.

So, if Freeman is mediocre on either team how is he more safe than here?

The Bills simply need to look more willing to start Freeman long term if he plays well... and Ponder and Pryor vs. Manuel doesn't seem to really be a landslide in any direction as far as that goes.

Why are the Bills more likely to go back to there unproven young QB than the Vikes or Oakland if Freeman doesn't solidify his ability to be a solid starter?

Comment

Working...
                              X