PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning - NYPost talks trade

trapezeus
10-07-2013, 01:34 PM
can you imagine what bills fans would be like if we had the post. The NY Post is suggesting the giants trade Eli Manning because of the 0-5 season. admittedly they have it as a low probability. Manning is a guy who was a 2x SB champion and delivering when it counted most. And the post is ok with that. However, you get Sully complaining that nothing changes and fans bash him instead of the organization. i guess that's why we have fingers without rings.

it puts the "should we take a qb in 2014" into perspective.

also, just to beat someone else to it, "Byrd for manning!"

http://nypost.com/2013/10/07/trade-eli-fire-tom-awful-giants-must-consider-everything/

coastal
10-07-2013, 01:36 PM
No ****ing way the giants dump Eli... And if they do, I'm seriously done with football.

Night Train
10-07-2013, 01:38 PM
The Giants have 2 guys playing...Manning and Cruz.

The Front 7 has shut it down and the running game is zero. They are always behind and have zero chance of competing until the D wakes up or is blown up this coming off-season and retooled. The O line looks terrible. They are a mess.

jdaltroy5
10-07-2013, 01:39 PM
No ****ing way the giants dump Eli... And if they do, I'm seriously done with football.
Why would you be done with football?

Night Train
10-07-2013, 01:43 PM

You better stick to this if he's traded. Don't let us down !

coastal
10-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Why would you be done with football?
Because Eli is the consummate professional... has brought that organization two championships... and is not the reason that team sucks right now.

The NFL is evil and I'm close to being done with it anyways... something like that happening... buhbye.

- - - Updated - - -

You better stick to this if he's traded. Don't let us down !
Don't worry... I will.

Mr. Pink
10-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Eli is a turnover machine who won 2 Superbowls because of the team around him.

better days
10-07-2013, 02:03 PM

Did you watch Romo yesterday? Career day for him until crunch time. Then per usual, he screwed the pooch with an INT.

Romo finds ways to lose games while Eli finds ways to win games. And it seems the bigger the game, the more that is true.

BertSquirtgum
10-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Perry Fewell sure is doing a great job out there in Jersey.

Skooby
10-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Couple qaaludes & you'll love the NFL in the morning.

stuckincincy
10-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Couple qaaludes & you'll love the NFL in the morning.

Couple of quaaludes and you'll be Karen Ann Quinlan

jdaltroy5
10-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Because Eli is the consummate professional... has brought that organization two championships... and is not the reason that team sucks right now.

The NFL is evil and I'm close to being done with it anyways... something like that happening... buhbye.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry... I will.But great players and nice guys get traded in every sport.

I really don't understand how Eli getting traded makes the NFL evil.

Oldbillsfan
10-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Come upstate ELi!

stuckincincy
10-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Come upstate ELi!

Best post in this thread. :jig:

alnilla
10-07-2013, 02:48 PM
So Byrd for Eli? hahaha ya right

coastal
10-07-2013, 02:51 PM
But great players and nice guys get traded in every sport.

I really don't understand how Eli getting traded makes the NFL evil.
It would be a last straw kind of thing for me and quite frankly I don't understand how you don't understand.

justasportsfan
10-07-2013, 02:54 PM
It would be a last straw kind of thing for me and quite frankly I don't understand how you don't understand.

Eli is fools gold?

coastal
10-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Eli is fools gold?
No dumbass... he's the real deal.

justasportsfan
10-07-2013, 02:58 PM

my bad.

Fools plastic?

ServoBillieves
10-07-2013, 02:59 PM

... Really. I'd love for us to have someone stick around who throws that many interceptions. You want to run one of the sack leaders our of town, what the **** would you do if we had Eli?

coastal
10-07-2013, 03:00 PM
my bad.

Fools plastic?
Blow me.

- - - Updated - - -

... Really. I'd love for us to have someone stick around who throws that many interceptions. You want to run one of the sack leaders our of town, what the **** would you do if we had Eli?shocking... the idiot horde doesn't like Eli...

ServoBillieves
10-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Blow me.

- - - Updated - - -

shocking... the idiot horde doesn't like Eli...

Yeah I said I disliked Eli so many times in that... stop breathing out of your mouth while typing moron. Eli won't help this franchise much like your *****ing won't turn things around.

justasportsfan
10-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Blow me.

- - - Updated - - -

shocking... the idiot horde doesn't like Eli...Eli is lucky he's not playing the bills this year. Mario would have knocked the Manning out of him.

Jry44
10-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Eli is far from the problem for the Giants. He has absolutely no offensive line around him. None. I was watching the Panthers game when they had 6, yes 6, first half sacks. Eli wasn't even done with his drop steps before someone was in his face. That kind of pressure will make you throw the other team a few just in an attempt to try to make something happen.

Eli also gets no defensive support. Their linebackers are that of a practice squad level (before the Beason trade) and they don't have a secondary that can cover anyone. A great QB and receiving core is absolutely nothing without a line to give them time to run routes, a running game that can take some pressure off of you, and a defense that can't hold an opponent to under 35 points a game!

jdaltroy5
10-07-2013, 03:15 PM
If a good team fails, then the fans (or management) look for a scapegoat.

This has been happening for decades in every sport.

trapezeus
10-07-2013, 03:23 PM
one INT was on eli last game. the other one, the ball was ripped out of cruz's hands, and hte otherone the WR stopped his route.

i think manning is clearly a guy who is playing until he's 35-40. if the giants are selling, no doubt you have to put the call in and find out what the price is.

the one really hard thing is that most teams have settled their cap situation and a $15MM contract may be hard to squeeze in.

in some ways, it's a team like buffalo where this makes the most sense because they get a good qb on a team that shows that it could be ok if it had a seasoned leader at the helm. and it lets EJ sit on the bench, heal and learn up. however, i think EJ is raw enough that he needs to be in the games to get better. i think he gets it from a learning perspective.

but i also get that you don't want to have that kind of problem on your hands of two QBS both expecting to start. but you have to admit the brief moment you think of eli on your team, you kind of believe that this lowly bills team has a shot at the playoffs.

stuckincincy
10-07-2013, 03:30 PM
one INT was on eli last game. the other one, the ball was ripped out of cruz's hands, and hte otherone the WR stopped his route.

i think manning is clearly a guy who is playing until he's 35-40. if the giants are selling, no doubt you have to put the call in and find out what the price is.

the one really hard thing is that most teams have settled their cap situation and a $15MM contract may be hard to squeeze in.

in some ways, it's a team like buffalo where this makes the most sense because they get a good qb on a team that shows that it could be ok if it had a seasoned leader at the helm. and it lets EJ sit on the bench, heal and learn up. however, i think EJ is raw enough that he needs to be in the games to get better. i think he gets it from a learning perspective.

but i also get that you don't want to have that kind of problem on your hands of two QBS both expecting to start. but you have to admit the brief moment you think of eli on your team, you kind of believe that this lowly bills team has a shot at the playoffs.

I don't remember - did BUF jump into the bidding for the now-KC QB Alex Smith?

coastal
10-07-2013, 03:51 PM
If a good team fails, then the fans (or management) look for a scapegoat.

This has been happening for decades in every sport.
You're so reasonable and sedate in your discourse I can't help but not give a ****.

Mr. Pink
10-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Eli = JP Losman on a better team.

Point blank.

If Manning was here, he would have long been run out of town. If Losman was in NY, he would have Superbowl rings.

jdaltroy5
10-07-2013, 03:55 PM
You're so reasonable and sedate in your discourse I can't help but not give a ****.
I'm sorry.

In the future I'll add swears and exclamation points.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2013, 03:56 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry... I will.

What a drama Queen.

Who gives a **** about Eli Manning?

Albany,n.y.
10-07-2013, 03:59 PM

Point blank.

If Manning was here, he would have long been run out of town. If Losman was in NY, he would have Superbowl rings.

I thought this nonsense stopped when JP was drummed out of the NFL and Eli hoisted his 2nd Lombardi Trophy, but the lunacy never ceases to amaze me.

Owen DeBoard
10-07-2013, 04:51 PM
I will always have respect for Eli after putting an end to the Pats perfect season when it counted the most beating them in the Super bowl.

Mr. Pink
10-07-2013, 05:03 PM
I thought this nonsense stopped when JP was drummed out of the NFL and Eli hoisted his 2nd Lombardi Trophy, but the lunacy never ceases to amaze me.

Yeah a guy who throws over an int a game and fumbles every other game is great.

That's Eli.

If he was here with a lesser cast around him or in many other NFL cities for that matter, he would have been cut years ago.

Albany,n.y.
10-07-2013, 06:34 PM

That's Eli.

If he was here with a lesser cast around him or in many other NFL cities for that matter, he would have been cut years ago.

Let's just put it this way. If Peyton Manning was a free agent like JP is, there would be at least a dozen GMs throwing multi million $ contracts at him begging him to sign with their team. Meanwhile JP sits at home. The established contract value that the Giants pay him shows what the NFL thinks of Manning. You are making no sense if you truly believe that JP & Eli are equals.
If anyone truly believes that JP could have won 2 Super Bowls with any team, I'd have to say they have zero credibility when they talk NFL QBs.

BertSquirtgum
10-07-2013, 06:40 PM

Point blank.

No

BertSquirtgum
10-07-2013, 06:41 PM

That's Eli.

Get off of drugs.

JoeMama
10-07-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm sorry.

In the future I'll add swears and exclamation points.

You can be a good little coastal jr. if you work hard enough.

Make sure to replace "you" with U.

Reading those two extra letters wears my eyes out.

Luckily coastal cuts to the chase so hardcore I don't have to see all those unnecessary letters cluttering up my screen.

LOL MRO WAYLUMZ SUX U NO??//

TEBWOE 4 SUPEARBOWLZ111

Skooby
10-07-2013, 07:50 PM
You'd hate to have a 2-time SB winner at QB, what a disaster it would be.

feldspar
10-07-2013, 08:07 PM

Are you kidding? Did you actually WATCH those Super Bowl runs?

Eli Manning was as clutch as a QB can be during both those years, and and not just in the playoffs, but was instrumental to bring them to that point. He had those teams on a roll. He is the biggest reason why the Giants won 2 Super Bowls.

The Giants didn't win 2 Super Bowls despite Eli Manning...they won two Super Bowls BECAUSE of Eli Manning. Of course, it's a team game and other elements had to step up too, but Eli was as clutch as they come.

The last Super Bowl run, Eli Manning threw for an average over 300 yards per game in the playoffs, with 9 TDs and only 1 INT.

Try not to be a complete ******...I know that's hard for you.

The Giants trading Eli would be just as ******ed.

WagonCircler
10-07-2013, 08:08 PM
I always chuckle when people bash Eli.

I get this visual of him flipping them off with a Super Bowl ring on each middle finger.

JoeMama
10-07-2013, 08:22 PM

I get this visual of him flipping them off with a Super Bowl ring on each middle finger.

That's probably why he sucks this year.

All that bling is slowing down his throwing motion.

I'd love to have a guy in Buffalo with half his talent.

Especially when it matters.

A paltry 0-5 start can't erase two epic superbowl wins.

Mr. Pink
10-07-2013, 09:11 PM

Jim Plunkett has two superbowl rings too. Was he awesome?

Dilfer has a superbowl ring, so what?

Superbowl rings automatically mean the guy is awesome even if he turns the ball over 20+ times a year?

JoeMama
10-07-2013, 09:17 PM

Superbowl rings automatically mean the guy is awesome even if he turns the ball over 20+ times a year?

Eli Manning actually orchestrated some memorable game-winning drives.

Trent Dilfer just sat there not screwing things up back in 2000.

Mace
10-07-2013, 09:20 PM

One should always maintain a civil discourse sedately and swear with exclamation points a couple posts down.

I'd still love to be at Manning Holiday Dinners. Peyyyyyyton (waggles fingers).........Daaaaaaaddy (waggles fingers).....and then you leave potatoes on the gravy spoon and snicker.

JoeMama
10-07-2013, 09:23 PM
One should always maintain a civil discourse sedately and swear with exclamation points a couple posts down.

I'd still love to be at Manning Holiday Dinners. Peyyyyyyton (waggles fingers).........Daaaaaaaddy (waggles fingers).....and then you leave potatoes on the gravy spoon and snicker.

Unless you're Cooper Manning, then thanksgiving with the Mannings totally sucks.

Mace
10-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Unless you're Cooper Manning, then thanksgiving with the Mannings totally sucks.

He always gets the spoon before anyone else does. The gravy spoon has potatoes on it, the corn/peas have peas/corn, the green beans spoon has a little of everything else anyone took, and the coffee decanter will always be empty. If it was the fork for the tomatoes it will have green bean breading on it so he can't be sure someone sneezed on it and there's no time to think because the coffee decanter is empty so you roll out left to the kitchen and audible to mom.

JoeMama
10-07-2013, 09:51 PM
He always gets the spoon before anyone else does. The gravy spoon has potatoes on it, the corn/peas have peas/corn, the green beans spoon has a little of everything else anyone took, and the coffee decanter will always be empty. If it was the fork for the tomatoes it will have green bean breading on it so he can't be sure someone sneezed on it and there's no time to think because the coffee decanter is empty so you roll out left to the kitchen and audible to mom.

That sounds a lot like the microwave dinners I have for Thanksgiving.

There are peas in everything!

better days
10-07-2013, 09:51 PM

Yeah, Jim Plunkett was pretty awesome.

WagonCircler
10-07-2013, 09:53 PM

Umm, yeah. He has two Super Bowl rings and a Heisman statue to prove it. Pretty ****** awesome in my book.