PDA

View Full Version : Bills claim G Antoine McClain and release....

SquishDaFish
10-07-2013, 03:26 PM
<s>#</s>Bills (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Bills&src=hash) claimed G Antoine McClain off waivers from the <s>#</s>Raiders (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Raiders&src=hash).

Release Sam Young

stuckincincy
10-07-2013, 03:37 PM
<s>#</s>Bills (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Bills&src=hash) claimed G Antoine McClain off waivers from the <s>#</s>Raiders (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Raiders&src=hash).

Release Sam Young

Practice squad assignment?

BLeonard
10-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Practice squad assignment?

I doubt it... You don't claim a guy off of waivers and cut an active roster player to put the guy you claimed on the practice squad.

-Bill

Beebe's Kid
10-07-2013, 04:13 PM
I doubt it... You don't claim a guy off of waivers and cut an active roster player to put the guy you claimed on the practice squad.

-Bill
Well, what about Big Sam Young?

Wasn't he supposed to be our Swiss Army Knife? Where is NOT THE DUDE...he usually can tell us which HOF'er our backups are comparable to.

Jaybird
10-07-2013, 04:56 PM
No loss, Sam Young is not a productive Lineman. We've seen enough of him

BillsU
10-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Apparently we are signing LB Ty Powell off the Giants practice squad as well. I think we have room now with placing Hopkins on IR correct?

paladin warrior
10-07-2013, 05:51 PM
What about C.Brown. He stink too

Homegrown
10-07-2013, 06:07 PM
What about C.Brown. He stink too

yep, him stank badder

BLeonard
10-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Apparently we are signing LB Ty Powell off the Giants practice squad as well. I think we have room now with placing Hopkins on IR correct?

Unless I'm missing something... The Bills are still at 53 on the main roster, while freeing up a Practice Squad spot.

Putting Hopkins on IR allowed the Bills to promote Thad Lewis to the Main Roster.
Cutting Sam Young frees up a roster spot, which would be filled by Antoine McClain.

If they were going after a player on another team's Practice Squad, that team would first have the option to promote them to the 53 man roster. Even if the Giants didn't do that, I'm not sure why a player would leave one team's practice squad to go to another team's practice squad.

I'm not even sure if one team can sign a PS player from another team, unless it is to promote them to the 53 man roster.

-Bill

jdaltroy5
10-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Unless I'm missing something... The Bills are still at 53 on the main roster, while freeing up a Practice Squad spot.

Putting Hopkins on IR allowed the Bills to promote Thad Lewis to the Main Roster.
Cutting Sam Young frees up a roster spot, which would be filled by Antoine McClain.

If they were going after a player on another team's Practice Squad, that team would first have the option to promote them to the 53 man roster. Even if the Giants didn't do that, I'm not sure why a player would leave one team's practice squad to go to another team's practice squad.

I'm not even sure if one team can sign a PS player from another team, unless it is to promote them to the 53 man roster.

-Bill
Yeah, I don't know where the extra spot is going to come from.

And you're right, if you sign another team's practice squad player, it has to be to your active roster.

OpIv37
10-07-2013, 07:37 PM
I was rooting for Young because he's a Notre Dame product, but he definitely hasn't played well for us.

DraftBoy
10-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Ty Powell would be an interesting signing but like Bill said we are maxed out on our roster right now.

SquishDaFish
10-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Hes already in Buffalo so I dont think Giants are promoting him. And seeing we are getting all our secondary back I imagine its got to be a DB getting released

jimmifli
10-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Hes already in Buffalo so I dont think Giants are promoting him. And seeing we are getting all our secondary back I imagine its got to be a DB getting released
inb4 someone says Byrd.

Mace
10-07-2013, 08:48 PM
I was never really sure who Sam Young was, where he was playing, where he came from or how we had him much less why he seemed to appear from time to time. Moorman is versatile and can play the line anyway, along with any other position, so it's ok.

Patti120
10-07-2013, 08:59 PM
I was never really sure who Sam Young was, where he was playing, where he came from or how we had him much less why he seemed to appear from time to time. Moorman is versatile and can play the line anyway, along with any other position, so it's ok.

Sadly, Moorman was the team MVP for several years.

Mace
10-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Sadly, Moorman was the team MVP for several years.

I know, I really like Moorman, and think he'd play tackle, cornerback, serve concessions and do concierge parking if you asked him. I don't know if he has a lot left in the tank but I'm sure he has more than Powell had. Moorman is another Bill I'd identify as essential to what I'd consider the spirit of the team. But not sadly, for a punter this guy worked his butt off, ran fakes and passed, and shanked not much at all here in nasty wind.

better days
10-08-2013, 12:58 AM
I was rooting for Young because he's a Notre Dame product, but he definitely hasn't played well for us.

Well, what did you expect? He's a Notre Dame product.

k-oneputt
10-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Well, what did you expect? He's a Notre Dame product. They are about the same tlaent level as our Big-10 products past and present.

better days
10-08-2013, 08:42 AM
They are about the same tlaent level as our Big-10 products past and present.

I was just kidding Op, but ND hasn't produced a GOOD QB since Joe Theisman.

EDS
10-08-2013, 09:32 AM
I was just kidding Op, but ND hasn't produced a GOOD QB since Joe Theisman.

Because Joe Montana was a GREAT QB, presumably.

GingerP
10-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Because Joe Montana was a GREAT QB, presumably.

Steve Beuerlein was a pretty good player as well.

GingerP
10-08-2013, 12:00 PM

Practice Squad players are free agents, they can sign with whomever they wish. A team can offer a guy an active roster spot to keep him if he has a chance to sign elsewhere, but it is the player's choice. A player may choose to stay with his original team because he already knows the system and likes his opportunities, but he can leave without the team having the chance to keep him as well.

You can't sign someone off a PS to be on the PS. By rule he has to be on the active roster, and he has to be kept on the active roster of that team for at least 3 games (unless injured and placed on IR instead).

BillsFever21
10-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Damn, Sam Young was supposed to be a competent replacement for Levitre...along with Colin Brown, Sanders, Legursky and any other lineman on our team. According to NTD we had about 5 guys who could easily replace Levitre. Everyone was "just fine" as our starting LG. Anyone we brought in was just as productive as Levitre.