PDA

View Full Version : NFL bans Marshall for violating drug policy

Gunzlingr
07-13-2003, 11:16 PM
GREEN BAY, Wis. (July 11, 2003) -- The Green Bay Packers said the NFL has suspended third-year linebacker Torrance Marshall for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Marshall will miss the team's first four regular-season games without pay. He's eligible to return to the active roster Sept. 30. The first game he can play is Oct. 5 at home against Seattle.

He can participate in training camp and the Packers' five exhibition games before his suspension begins Aug. 29.

Marshall, a third-round draft choice from Oklahoma in 2001, hasn't had much of an impact in the NFL, although he had a good minicamp last month and expects to vie for more playing time this season.

Coach and general manager Mike Sherman said the league informed him Marshall had recently sought help for his problem.

"Sometime after our June minicamp Torrance sought out the necessary steps in getting the professional help and counseling he needs," Sherman said in a statement. "Hopefully, this will only enhance his ability to put his priorities back in his life.

more (http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/GB/6476336)

marshall
07-14-2003, 12:18 AM
When I saw the title of this thread I was un-clear as to what was happening lol

Dozerdog
07-14-2003, 12:23 AM
What you takin now, Marsh-?

To many Flintstone chewables in your bloodstream? I warned ya! :jk: