PDA

View Full Version : Surprised am I

DesertFox24
10-07-2013, 10:49 PM
I came on this board and the other to get a good laughat what I thought were the irrevocable geno better than ej threads. To my surprise I did not see any on the first page, so not sure if they happened yet or these threads will have to wait till tomorrow when the pre teens get up.

Oaf
10-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Sorry for my immaturity. :)

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/221024-This-organization-still-collectively-has-their-head-up-their-asses?p=3856233#post3856233

coastal
10-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Um... what?

DynaPaul
10-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Not sold on either guy yet but I have to say that Geno looks about as dumb as a truck of bricks. For some reason those guys seem to excel when they first start off in the league and then quickly drop off. See Vince Young.

Beebe's Kid
10-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Not sold on either guy yet but I have to say that Geno looks about as dumb as a truck of bricks. For some reason those guys seem to excel when they first start off in the league and then quickly drop off. See Vince Young.
Vince Young got ****ed by Fischer.

I'd much rather have him than Thad/Tuel.

JoeMama
10-07-2013, 11:15 PM
I came on this board and the other to get a good laughat what I thought were the irrevocable geno better than ej threads. To my surprise I did not see any on the first page, so not sure if they happened yet or these threads will have to wait till tomorrow when the pre teens get up.

Wait til you see how Geno Smith performs in cold weather.

A perfect fit in NY.

Mr. Pink
10-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Wait til you see how Geno Smith performs in cold weather.

A perfect fit in NY.

I can't wait to see how our lauded star QB performs in cold weather since he can't perform in perfect conditions.

Oh but I'm sure people around here will have excuses for him when he comes back!

He's rusty, his leg hurts, he needs to get used to cold since he went to FSU, etc...

DesertFox24
10-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Oh my it was sarcasm, this debate will be ongoing for the next three years and rightfully so.

Whaley should be fired if ej flames out and geno becomes a top 5 qb. You can't miss on qbs especially when you pick the first one in the middle of the first and had pick if litter.

WagonCircler
10-08-2013, 01:09 AM
Oh my it was sarcasm, this debate will be ongoing for the next three years and rightfully so..

I think the odds are strong that nobody will be talking about either of these guys in three years.

Beebe's Kid
10-08-2013, 02:49 AM
Oh my it was sarcasm, this debate will be ongoing for the next three years and rightfully so.

Whaley should be fired if ej flames out and geno becomes a top 5 qb. You can't miss on qbs especially when you pick the first one in the middle of the first and had pick if litter.
What if he keeps costing the Bills games by getting injured? Are you still mad at him for the Cleveland game?

kishoph
10-08-2013, 04:34 AM
I can't wait to see how our lauded star QB performs in cold weather since he can't perform in perfect conditions.

Oh but I'm sure people around here will have excuses for him when he comes back!

He's rusty, his leg hurts, he needs to get used to cold since he went to FSU, etc...

I don't know what you're expecting from a rookie QB ? I've said it a few times, look at the stats of last years " rookie sensation QB's" Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck, they are all very comparable.

Wilson 5 TD's 6 ints. 63.9 pct. 80.5 QB rating 3 W - 2 L
Luck 7 TD's 7 ints. 53.9 pct. 73.7 QB rating 2 W - 3 L
Manuel 5 TD's 3 ints. 56.7 pct. 79.4 QB rating 2 W - 3 L

You're expecting a rookie QB to come into the league and instantly be Peyton Manning ? BTW, look at Manning's first 5 games.
Manuel has showed promise and potential he needs some work on his footwork, but doesn't make stupid throwing mistakes, things you would hope to see from your rookie QB.

DesertFox24
10-08-2013, 11:39 AM
What if he keeps costing the Bills games by getting injured? Are you still mad at him for the Cleveland game?

Yeah I am it would have been one thing if the tackle happened at the first down marker, but to happen 5 or 10 yards after. Also especially after what Fred said yesterday he eluded to Manual not being sure of what to do and that is the way to get hurt. Either run over the guy or go out of bounds. Personally get the first and go out of bounds or slid to avoid a big hit QB is the msot important position and he gets all the reps so we are now very far behind.

Meathead
10-08-2013, 11:50 AM
youll notice that right after the game marrone was defensive about telling ej to go oob on the play he got injured, 'what am i gonna do, tell him not to score a touchdown?'

then on monday he sheepishly backtracked hard on that, saying that ej needs to know when to go oob instead of trying to pick up extra yards

so marrone knows he made a mistake not coaching up ej to avoid taking those kinds of hits

Mr. Pink
10-08-2013, 11:54 AM
I don't know what you're expecting from a rookie QB ? I've said it a few times, look at the stats of last years " rookie sensation QB's" Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck, they are all very comparable.

I'm expecting a guy who has NFL caliber footwork and touch. Something Manuel has neither of.

Keep comparing his stats to other QBs and just forget how he actually performs on the field.

EJ has easily the worst footwork of any starting QB in the NFL. Now if his horrendous footwork didn't affect his accuracy I and probably no one else would care, unfortunately it does.

DynaPaul
10-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Vince Young got ****ed by Fischer.

I'd much rather have him than Thad/Tuel.

No, he screwed himself by being a headcase.

DraftBoy
10-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Geno looked good last night, still makes some mistakes but so far so good. We'll see what EJ has when he returns from injury.

DesertFox24
10-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Geno looked good last night, still makes some mistakes but so far so good. We'll see what EJ has when he returns from injury.

This debate will continue for at a minimum 3 years.

everyone was convinced Kaep would become the best QB in the league this year, well how has that turned out.

In order to be a franchise QB they need to be consistently good for multi years.

EJ will only be our franchise QB when he leads us to the playoffs in two consecutive years, one year will not do it for me to convince me he is the man.

The only QB to come out since Peyton that I thought was franchis before first snap was Luck. Lets hope that EJ can become Flacco good.

By that I mean his teams win games and sometimes he is a magician and sometimes good and very rarely bad (ie against us). No one is going to say Joe Flacco is better than Peyton, Tom, Rogers, Brees, or even Matt Ryan but he is still top 10 and a franchise QB. That is what we should hope for EJ.

TigerJ
10-08-2013, 09:28 PM

Whaley should be fired if ej flames out and geno becomes a top 5 qb. You can't miss on qbs especially when you pick the first one in the middle of the first and had pick if litter.He will be. That's the way of things in the NFL. That's IF Manuel flames out.

BertSquirtgum
10-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Has there been any first rounder from this draft that has looked worth his pick?

BleedinGreenNC
10-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Has there been any first rounder from this draft that has looked worth his pick?

Sheldon Richardson

Crisis
10-09-2013, 08:13 PM

Sheldon Richardson, Star Loutelei, Eric Reid, Hopkins off the top of my head.

Thief
10-12-2013, 09:59 AM
KIKO looks like a top 20 pic. Lol

Mike
10-12-2013, 11:04 AM

The real problem won't be that neighter guy pans out or that Geno becomes better but instead all the QBs we will be passing on in the next few years.