PDA

View Full Version : We're guaranteed to lose

Skooby
10-09-2013, 11:27 AM
I don't agree with this guy: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1802155-5-nfl-teams-guaranteed-to-lose-in-week-6?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t3

trapezeus
10-09-2013, 11:39 AM
how many teams with a 3rd string qb from the practice squad get favorable treatment in the media? none. this is a fair assessment. it doesn't take into account that the bengals usually find a way to lose in buffalo.

but if you look at all the games, our game is one of 5 where the probability of one team winning is much higher than the other.

no arguements with the article.

Skooby
10-09-2013, 11:55 AM
how many teams with a 3rd string qb from the practice squad get favorable treatment in the media? none. this is a fair assessment. it doesn't take into account that the bengals usually find a way to lose in buffalo.

but if you look at all the games, our game is one of 5 where the probability of one team winning is much higher than the other.

no arguements with the article.

History being a guide, we own the Bengals. Add in the fact that our Defense is coming off a big break & add 2 pro-bowl talents / 12th man screaming. That equals a tough day for Cincy on offense.

justasportsfan
10-09-2013, 11:56 AM
If the bills can run against the bengals and Gilmore , Byrd and Mckelvin are 100%, we can beat the struggling Dalton especially since it's at buffalo.

more cowbell
10-09-2013, 12:20 PM
lol you guys are all delusional. THAD LEWIS IS STARTING AT QB. The Bills are not winning. Not to mention the stadium won't even be full.

THATHURMANATOR
10-09-2013, 12:24 PM
lol you guys are all delusional. THAD LEWIS IS STARTING AT QB. The Bills are not winning. Not to mention the stadium won't even be full.

While I think we will probably lose I wouldn't be completely surprised if it was close and/or we did win.

As far as the stadium it will be full, just not sold out in time to lift the blackout.

Meathead
10-09-2013, 12:26 PM
whats the spread now, 8? id bet the house on the bills

Pinkerton Security
10-09-2013, 12:52 PM

did you think we'd beat the Ravens? I know I didnt.

Skooby
10-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Just to be clear, you can get 2.6 times whatever you bet in winnings, wow.

stuckincincy
10-09-2013, 01:25 PM
did you think we'd beat the Ravens? I know I didnt.

It's been a long time since I've seen an OC call such an odd set of plays that BAL's Cauldwell did. At one point - 27 straight passes. Ran only 9 times. Ye gods... :tap:

justasportsfan
10-09-2013, 01:26 PM

do you think we can beat the bengals if Lewis throws for 167 yards 1 td 2 int?

Turf
10-09-2013, 01:35 PM
If Lewis runs we can beat them. We haven't had any good passing game this year. Very disappointed in EJ's accuracy. Right now Geno looks better arm wise.

mayotm
10-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Defense should be able to keep the game close. Cincy may be flat after a big win. Should be low scoring. I wouldn't be shocked if Lewis plays better than expected and the Bills pull the upset.

Pinkerton Security
10-09-2013, 02:29 PM
It's been a long time since I've seen an OC call such an odd set of plays that BAL's Cauldwell did. At one point - 27 straight passes. Ran only 9 times. Ye gods... :tap:

I dont expect us to beat the Benagals with Thad, you just never know.

feldspar
10-09-2013, 06:18 PM

Speaking of spreads, the Jaguars/Broncos game has the highest spread in NFL history. Around 28 points. True fact.

Anyway, to say that the Bills are guaranteed to lose is lazy thinking. If the Bills can run the ball and play effective defense, then all Thad Lewis has to do is manage the game.

I'd say that the Bills will cover the spread as well. I won't bet that because I've never seen hide nor hair of this Thad Lewis fella before, though.

It'll be an interesting week of Bills football nonetheless. Hopefully, they won't be scouring the pathetic QB market for the next band-aid come Monday.

coastal
10-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Think the Bills can very well win this game.

the defense has been carrying this team and it's getting back two solid starters in the secondary.

i think we can go lights out on D to be honest.

thad... well know little to nothing about this guy but EJ hasn't exactly been winning games for us so let's see what happens.

GvilleBills
10-09-2013, 06:45 PM

I was expecting Rice and Pierce to cow punch him mid 3rd qtr.

Novacane
10-09-2013, 06:51 PM
15 years from now every time some scrub QB comes into a game for any team their fans are going to say you never know we may have the next Thad Lewis. 42-13 Bills!