• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Mike Zimmer 'impressed' with Bills quarterback Thad Lewis

mkay!

"From what I've seen so far I've been impressed" Zimmer said. "He's got quick feet. It looks like he makes quick decisions. I'm sure they'll be running some of the zone read-option kind of things and some of the screens. We're going to have to be on our p's and q's of where we rush him and not letting him get out of the pocket. It looks like he has a nice strong arm and a quick release."
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Mike Zimmer 'impressed' with Bills quarterback Thad Lewis

Interpretation: "We will defend against a young qb quick to take off like most college qbs do."
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Reminds me of Lou Holtz, prior to Notre Dame playing 44 point dog Army. " They're outstanding ! I don't know how we'll stop them ! "
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
        Reminds me of Lou Holtz, prior to Notre Dame playing 44 point dog Army. " They're outstanding ! I don't know how we'll stop them ! "
        Zim's a very good DC. Aggressive. The knock on him here is his chronic tendency to call the big blitz inside 2 minutes in a close game. As well as not having his backfield policing the sidelines when time is short in the late 4th.

If it's close - call the screen, draw, qb scoot.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
          Zim's a very good DC. Aggressive. The knock on him here is his chronic tendency to call the big blitz inside 2 minutes in a close game. As well as not having his backfield policing the sidelines when time is short in the late 4th.

If it's close - call the screen, draw, qb scoot.
          You have to be in heaven this week. You always have the scouting report on the Bengals, and it is really relevant this week, instead of having to limit it to some player that has been on the PS for 2 years that the Bills just signed to start at CB this week...or something similar.

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid View Post
            You have to be in heaven this week. You always have the scouting report on the Bengals, and it is really relevant this week, instead of having to limit it to some player that has been on the PS for 2 years that the Bills just signed to start at CB this week...or something similar.
            Why would I be in heaven? The NFL is show biz.

Here's a scouting report:

K. Williams has come up big against CIN. I'd expect to see him double-teamed.

The BUF DC needs to pay attention to Green being used as a decoy. He's caught 31, and pulls coverage. Mohamed Sanu has 18 catches, Marvin Jones has 18, the TEs Gresham/Eifert share 39 receptions. BUF can't cover TEs but they are not unique there. CIN can't either. Few can with today's rules. Advantage CIN...Gresham/Eifert > Chandler/?

Pretty much forget tosses to rbs - CIN is on a pace to scrape the bottom of the statistical barrel once again.

Look for them to kicko Kiko. He's due for a stiff elbow to the chops, and that's not just CIN. Alonso made a splash, and clubs will respond.

My guess is that CIN goes after Moorman.

I doubt if CB Leon Hall suits up. DE Michael Johnson returns.

I think CIN will dare Lewis to pass - easy choice - and generally line up with 8 in the box. If Lewis' scrambling becomes irking, I expect CIN will hit him very hard at some point and give up the personal foul.

Zimmer will blitz and BUF gets a long td run.

No bets on this contest.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

I can't wait to not see the game this week!

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                • Jan 2010

I believe him as much as I believe Peyton Manning saying the Jags are a good team.

Comment

• Homegrown
                  Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                  • Jul 2008

would've loved to have heard his comments about Craig Nall

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

I'm sure he's going to come out and say that there is a reason Lewis was on the practice squad before making this start.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Homegrown View Post
                      would've loved to have heard his comments about Craig Nall
                      Nall Ball. Wow. Thanks for bringing that train wreck up.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                        Why would I be in heaven? The NFL is show biz.

Here's a scouting report:

K. Williams has come up big against CIN. I'd expect to see him double-teamed.

The BUF DC needs to pay attention to Green being used as a decoy. He's caught 31, and pulls coverage. Mohamed Sanu has 18 catches, Marvin Jones has 18, the TEs Gresham/Eifert share 39 receptions. BUF can't cover TEs but they are not unique there. CIN can't either. Few can with today's rules. Advantage CIN...Gresham/Eifert > Chandler/?

Pretty much forget tosses to rbs - CIN is on a pace to scrape the bottom of the statistical barrel once again.

Look for them to kicko Kiko. He's due for a stiff elbow to the chops, and that's not just CIN. Alonso made a splash, and clubs will respond.

My guess is that CIN goes after Moorman.

I doubt if CB Leon Hall suits up. DE Michael Johnson returns.

I think CIN will dare Lewis to pass - easy choice - and generally line up with 8 in the box. If Lewis' scrambling becomes irking, I expect CIN will hit him very hard at some point and give up the personal foul.

Zimmer will blitz and BUF gets a long td run.

No bets on this contest.
                        In heaven was a little hyperbolic.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

i think it's a little CYA. If you say you're not worried and the 1 in 100 case occurs and you lose to thad fing lewis, you'll never hear the end of it. if you are humble and set the bar a little lower, when you inevitably crush thad lewis, you can look like you did something.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

I hope by Sunday evening the rest of us are impressed with him also.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• pmoon6
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Dec 2002

Faux praise and humility. Just like Crash Davis said in "Bull Durham". "Let's work on your clichés". Anyone that says "No problem, we'll kick their ass whoever is QB" is seen as a braggart and gives "billboard material". Not that I buy into the billboard stuff. If a pro needs that kind of **** to get up for a game, they need to find another profession. "Coachspeak" is a required class at the offseason NFL program.

Comment

Working...
                              X