• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Saddest part of the Bills getting blacked out

I'll go with:

The team can't sell an alcohol related event to a huge group of multi-generational alcoholics. It really hurts that it's 3rd home game & the team is already having trouble selling out with a 70 degree forecast, talk about a failure to communicate with the fans. I bet another sewage incident would bring fans back in droves.
  • GvilleBills
    • Mar 2006

Re: Saddest part of the Bills getting blacked out

Do you have thread starting OCD?
    Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

When we get a new owner who will no doubt raise ticket prices quickly to the league average in order to recoup the close to $1B he paid for the team, we may only sell out 2 games a year.

Then when the county balks at footing the bill to build a new stadium in 6-8 years, well....

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Here's the question:

Will people buy tickets if we actually have good players who aren't injured and a good chance at winning the game?

I've been out of the area for too long so I really don't know the answer, but I would guess that this game would be a sellout if we were 3-2 and Manuel is playing

Ralph and Russ have pushed it too far. Buffalo's a die-hard sports city, but it's also a struggling area in an economy that's struggling in general. Eventually people are going to realize there are better ways to spend their money than on something that constantly disappoints them. Fans tolerate losses because they believe there will eventually be wins. What we are seeing now is what happens when people stop believing that there will eventually be wins.

I suspect winning will solve a lot of problems, but I don't know. And I don't know if we'll ever win enough to find out.

With that out clause in the stadium lease, this may literally be the last chance to put a winning team together. If this team doesn't start winning enough to convince the state and county that a new stadium is warranted, there's a good chance they'll bolt at the 7 year mark. Ralph has said he won't move the team as he's alive- and I believe him because if he was willing to move, he would have gone to greener pastures years ago. But he's 94 and in poor health so I'd be shocked if he made it that long.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          • May 2009

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
          I'll go with:

The team can't sell an alcohol related event to a huge group of multi-generational alcoholics. It really hurts that it's 3rd home game & the team is already having trouble selling out with a 70 degree forecast, talk about a failure to communicate with the fans. I bet another sewage incident would bring fans back in droves.
          Get a job Skooby

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

field a playoff team twice a decade and for sure this town (and canada) will fill the stadium

but yeah, despite the teams struggles im kinda shocked this game wont be televised. way too early for fans to be staying away. if i wasnt a cripple id be interested in going to this game myself just to see what i think is going to be an upset for the ages

seriously, if anybody has a ticket to one of the suites i would go. and not bc its a suite, ive been in those enough times that idc about that, i need to have a place i can get up and down a lot and walk around to relieve pressure on my back. cant do that in the regular seats

but you able bodied ppl, get off your lazy cheap asses and go to the game so that i can watch it on tv. selfish bastards
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BillsFever21
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              Here's the question:

Will people buy tickets if we actually have good players who aren't injured and a good chance at winning the game?

I've been out of the area for too long so I really don't know the answer, but I would guess that this game would be a sellout if we were 3-2 and Manuel is playing

Ralph and Russ have pushed it too far. Buffalo's a die-hard sports city, but it's also a struggling area in an economy that's struggling in general. Eventually people are going to realize there are better ways to spend their money than on something that constantly disappoints them. Fans tolerate losses because they believe there will eventually be wins. What we are seeing now is what happens when people stop believing that there will eventually be wins.

I suspect winning will solve a lot of problems, but I don't know. And I don't know if we'll ever win enough to find out.

With that out clause in the stadium lease, this may literally be the last chance to put a winning team together. If this team doesn't start winning enough to convince the state and county that a new stadium is warranted, there's a good chance they'll bolt at the 7 year mark. Ralph has said he won't move the team as he's alive- and I believe him because if he was willing to move, he would have gone to greener pastures years ago. But he's 94 and in poor health so I'd be shocked if he made it that long.
              If we would've beat Cleveland and Manuel was playing we would've sold the rest of the tickets. It's still bad that it would've came down to that this early in the season. Even the 2nd week of the season we stretched it to the deadline before we sold out.

In years past the September and October games would sell out right off the bat. It didn't matter who the opponent was. It's the November and December games that were the tough ones that depended on how we were doing. Now we're having trouble selling out early season home games? That's not a good sign at all. Especially in a year when we hired a new coach and had a rookie QB. Usually them tickets would go fast because many fans wanted to see the new team.

I think winning will solve everything. Too many people are fed up with losing to fork out the money in a bad economy that could be used for more important things for the family. Either that or maybe a vacation for them instead of attending a game or two that usually ends up being a loss or a meaningless game. If the team could show some sustained success for one season then the following year ticket sales would be good again.

This team will never move while Ralph is alive. Like you said with his age he would've already done it. He can't have more then a couple more years left at the most. He looks like he is about to keel over as it is. Once a new owner takes over then all bets are off.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

It's the fourth home game, isn't it?
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Winning will solve the problem. I haven't gone to a game in 5 years because I got sick of paying for a poor product. Especially their coaching choices. I knew Jauron and Gailey would fail the day they were hired. I will buy seasons again if/when they prove they are not the same incompetent boobs.

Comment

• sukie
                    Seriously?
                    • Sep 2012

What is an average ticket price? What would a family of 4 have to shell out to see Thad Lewis?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Only thing blackouts do for me is to make me even care less about football.

Bills games not on, Im not watching.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

It's crazy that Buffalo has trouble selling out games, of the 13 or so stadiums I've been to for a game, Buffalo ranks in the top 3 for game day experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                        What is an average ticket price? What would a family of 4 have to shell out to see Thad Lewis?
                        Well, it's amongst the cheapest in all of football. I'm guessing that you could get in for less than $50 a person, which is stupid cheap, considering that you'd pay more for standing room only at Cowboys Stadium.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by gr8slayer View Post
                          It's crazy that Buffalo has trouble selling out games, of the 13 or so stadiums I've been to for a game, Buffalo ranks in the top 3 for game day experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it's amongst the cheapest in all of football. I'm guessing that you could get in for less than $50 a person, which is stupid cheap, considering that you'd pay more for standing room only at Cowboys Stadium.
                          The raw sewage leaks & smells should bring people back, including the joy of discovering the open bathrooms actually smell worse.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

I honestly didn't smell anything of the sort last time I was there.
                            Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                            The raw sewage leaks & smells should bring people back, including the joy of discovering the open bathrooms actually smell worse.

Comment

• alnilla
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by gr8slayer View Post
                              I honestly didn't smell anything of the sort last time I was there.
                              That makes two of us

Comment

Working...
                              X